Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i think im gonna go look at a white knuckle 17 shaker scatpack. ive had white cars before and i remember paint care was easier. any white car owners here care to chime in? it dosent have a sunroof but i almost never use mine in my rt anyway the sun hurts my bald head lol. i think the vented front seats would be pretty awesome although i have never tried any vented seats before.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
my bad on the window sticker ill reupload it in a few i gotta go chamge the baby i can smell her across the room!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and I love it. I don't exactly like the color after I got it it is maximum Steel and I ohad rather had the B5 blue or white. Before this one I had a 2014 RT that was white traded it for the 2016 B5 blue with the Shaker package then I traded it for the 2017 . also this one has the vented front seats and they work really well on a hot day. I think the next one I get will either be B5 blue or white.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a Bright White 2016 and that color is the same as what they call White Knuckle on the car you're looking at buying.

I've been a big fan of white on the cars I've owned over the last 25 years or so after previously owning several darker colored cars during our car show days. White is extremely easy to keep clean, much easier than a dark color, such as black, dark blue, or burgundy. The benefit is that the paint always looks good the majority of the time. Even if there are surface scratches, they are barely noticeable. Another benefit of white is that it's much easier to see tar spatters, rock chips and other surface issues so as to take care of them promptly. Dust is also less noticeable on white and white also reflects the suns heat rather than soaking it up like darker colors do - this equals longer life for the cars finish coat. To me personally there's nothing classier and more subtle than a bright white street machine.

As I mentioned, I've owned vehicles in darker colors (even black) and while they looked absolutely gorgeous freshly washed, glazed and waxed, it wouldn't be long and they'd be covered with a light coating of road dust that was annoyingly visible to my eye. It seemed like I was constantly washing, glazing and primping them to keep them looking their best. Don't get me wrong, they do look mighty fine when they are clean though! Still, I do love some of the colors I've seen on many of my fellow forum members cars. Octane Red and Redline Red are just a couple of the colors that are particularly appealing to me on a Challenger. Whatever you decide color-wise will be fine as long as it's what you really want and you are willing to invest the required upkeep on it.

I'll second the motion on the vented seats - they really keep you cool and comfortable on a long road trip. The heated steering wheel is nice too on those frosty Autumn mornings!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I have a Bright White 2016 and that color is the same as what they call White Knuckle on the car you're looking at buying.

I've been a big fan of white on the cars I've owned over the last 25 years or so after previously owning several darker colored cars during our car show days. White is extremely easy to keep clean, much easier than a dark color, such as black, dark blue, or burgundy. The benefit is that the paint always looks good the majority of the time. Even if there are surface scratches, they are barely noticeable. Another benefit of white is that it's much easier to see tar spatters, rock chips and other surface issues so as to take care of them promptly. Dust is also less noticeable on white and white also reflects the suns heat rather than soaking it up like darker colors do - this equals longer life for the cars finish coat. To me personally there's nothing classier and more subtle than a bright white street machine.

As I mentioned, I've owned vehicles in darker colors (even black) and while they looked absolutely gorgeous freshly washed, glazed and waxed, it wouldn't be long and they'd be covered with a light coating of road dust that was annoyingly visible to my eye. It seemed like I was constantly washing, glazing and primping them to keep them looking their best. Don't get me wrong, they do look mighty fine when they are clean though! Still, I do love some of the colors I've seen on many of my fellow forum members cars. Octane Red and Redline Red are just a couple of the colors that are particularly appealing to me on a Challenger. Whatever you decide color-wise will be fine as long as it's what you really want and you are willing to invest the required upkeep on it.

I'll second the motion on the vented seats - they really keep you cool and comfortable on a long road trip. The heated steering wheel is nice too on those frosty Autumn mornings!
I agree with everything XLRRR8 just said. About your sticker...after driving this T/A for a couple of weeks, but only test driving a Scat-Pack, I would not get a SP unless it included the "Dynamics Package" option. The wider wheels, tires and better up-front brakes is totally worth the price of the T/A. Only thing with the T/A is that I'm still not totally sold on if I should keep the side decals though. I just feel like a big billboard. LOL! This is just my opinion though. Lots of Scat Packs have been sold, before the "dynamics package" was offered and they seem to be doing fine.

About "White Knuckle"...I traded in a Black Camaro for my new car. After a couple of weeks of owning that Camaro, I swore that I'n NEVER buy a Black car again. Yeah, yeah, I know, my new one has a huge black stripe right down the middle, but when White gets a bit dirty from road splatter it does NOT even come close to the way that Black car looked when it got even a little dirty or dusty. And pollen was the worst. It stuck to all sides and gave the Black a weird "glow". After two weeks, I am VERY happy with the White. Yeah, it's not as flashy as Torred or Green Go or Go Mango, which I kinda like too. I doesn't really stick out as much in a parking lot. Until I get in it and put it in Sport Mode. LOL!

Just a nickles worth of my advice. Just get a color that you REALLY like. Having regrets is never a good thing! :wink3:

PS: Now that I don't have a Black color car to complain about, I've change my moaning and complaining over to front brake dust. Wouldn't be happy, if not complaining. Also, yeah, that bald headed sunroof burn can be painful. I had a sunroof in my old SRT. Looked nice, but learned from that car that I'm not a sunroof fan. Swap the sunroof for the dynamics package if you can.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree with everything XLRRR8 just said. About your sticker...after driving this T/A for a couple of weeks, but only test driving a Scat-Pack, I would not get a SP unless it included the "Dynamics Package" option. The wider wheels, tires and better up-front brakes is totally worth the price of the T/A. Only thing with the T/A is that I'm still not totally sold on if I should keep the side decals though. I just feel like a big billboard. LOL! This is just my opinion though. Lots of Scat Packs have been sold, before the "dynamics package" was offered and they seem to be doing fine.

About "White Knuckle"...I traded in a Black Camaro for my new car. After a couple of weeks of owning that Camaro, I swore that I'n NEVER buy a Black car again. Yeah, yeah, I know, my new one has a huge black stripe right down the middle, but when White gets a bit dirty from road splatter it does NOT even come close to the way that Black car looked when it got even a little dirty or dusty. And pollen was the worst. It stuck to all sides and gave the Black a weird "glow". After two weeks, I am VERY happy with the White. Yeah, it's not as flashy as Torred or Green Go or Go Mango, which I kinda like too. I doesn't really stick out as much in a parking lot. Until I get in it and put it in Sport Mode. LOL!

Just a nickles worth of my advice. Just get a color that you REALLY like. Having regrets is never a good thing! :wink3:

PS: Now that I don't have a Black color car to complain about, I've change my moaning and complaining over to front brake dust. Wouldn't be happy, if not complaining. Also, yeah, that bald headed sunroof burn can be painful. I had a sunroof in my old SRT. Looked nice, but learned from that car that I'm not a sunroof fan. Swap the sunroof for the dynamics package if you can.
I'd leave the side decals. I think they look absolutely awesome on the white T/A. Looking to add black stripes on my white SPS as well. Of course up to you :)

White looks great and stays clean for a long time. However, every other car is white, black or silver, so it stands out a little less than high impact colors. Can be a good thing too in many situations though.

Regarding the dynamics package I'd get it not even for the brakes but for the wider tires. I'd say 4 piston Brembos are plenty and maintenance is probably cheaper but the tires can NEVER be wide enough with this amount of power. Many times you cannot even go all power down at lower speeds cause you know the tires won't keep up. Wish they even gave us 10" tires.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
A White Challenger??? Who wants one of those. ;) Good luck on your search. You'll love the white. It pops on the Challenger to the naked eye.

·
Premium Member
2015 Scat Pack
80 Posts
I love the white (Ivory in my case) for all the reasons others have listed, but also because the black accents and details really stand out. Sure a plain white car looks like a rental, but with some black or other color accents, stripes and details, window tint, etc. the cars really pop. I appreciate the high impact colors, but over the long ride, I like the classic look of white with some form of accent color. We are fortunate to have so many great options to choose from to suit everyone's style.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Who doesn't love Bright White with black graphics and accents?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I'd leave the side decals. I think they look absolutely awesome on the white T/A. Looking to add black stripes on my white SPS as well. Of course up to you :)

White looks great and stays clean for a long time. However, every other car is white, black or silver, so it stands out a little less than high impact colors. Can be a good thing too in many situations though.

Regarding the dynamics package I'd get it not even for the brakes but for the wider tires. I'd say 4 piston Brembos are plenty and maintenance is probably cheaper but the tires can NEVER be wide enough with this amount of power. Many times you cannot even go all power down at lower speeds cause you know the tires won't keep up. Wish they even gave us 10" tires.
Thanks! I'm weighing my options with the side decals. Trying to get feedback to make the decision, so far everyone seems to like them.

More so than the color. Family and friends have been about 20 (good)/80(bad) with the white. Seems people think these cars should be BRIGHT. Then again, if I got Red or Yellow, probably those same people woulda hated it anyway. I do prefer certain colors, but honestly, I think these cars look great in any color. Yes, even Fuchsia. Come to think of it, I've never told a family member who bought a new car that I didn't care for the color. I always congratulated them and said, "Nice!" Yeah, my family and friends, a bunch of Ya-holes! LOL!

·
Registered
388 Posts

Installed new stripes!

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks! I'm weighing my options with the side decals. Trying to get feedback to make the decision, so far everyone seems to like them.

More so than the color. Family and friends have been about 20 (good)/80(bad) with the white. Seems people think these cars should be BRIGHT. Then again, if I got Red or Yellow, probably those same people woulda hated it anyway. I do prefer certain colors, but honestly, I think these cars look great in any color. Yes, even Fuchsia. Come to think of it, I've never told a family member who bought a new car that I didn't care for the color. I always congratulated them and said, "Nice!" Yeah, my family and friends, a bunch of Ya-holes! LOL!
I personally like the bright colors on Challengers but white looks great with blue or red stripes. I really like the MOPAR style stripes in blue on a white car. Vendors on ebay will cut any logo you want in place of the MOPAR. Maybe add blue rimstripes if your wheels are black like I did on my Yellow Jacket car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
What is nice about white is you can put any color stripe on it and not be wrong. There was one for sale a couple of years ago at a local dealership here with red side stripes. It really looked good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are some great deals on 2016s right now. Last week I bought a new 16 SRT for $43k minus tax and title. The sticker was $54k with the dealer options (lifetime tinting, paint coating and nitrogen). So it was discounted $11k. I love it in white with the Laguna leather!

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought a Bright white Scat thinking white would be easier to care for than a darker color.. frankly it's not. I have to wear sunglasses while washing it or I go snow blind.. it shows the dirt just as easy if not easier than a darker color. it gets dirty looking just sitting in my driveway. in the cars defense I do have Oak tree's and they tend to leave a very fine film on the car that dirt sticks to. I'm amazed when I rinse the car off to see how brown the water is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a white knuckle Challenger with black stripes and everybody loves the look. Doesn't show the dust and in the Florida heat the while helps keep the inside a bit cooler.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
The thing is, white doesn't show the swirls as easily. It's all about how the color diffract the light. A Guy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts