Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FF has the white leather seats and at some point I have gotten a blue color stain on the leather. Clearly is from denim based on location and color, so lesson learned. Anyone have a product they recommend for stain removal? I have Lexol cleaner and conditioner, but that is not intended for stain removal.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Zaino has two leather care products -

• Z-9 - Leather Soft Spray Cleaner
    Description: Designed to clean without any harsh detergents, Z-9 safely cleans and restores the like new look of leather without damaging the clear coat protection or natural oils in leather. Z-9 is so gentle, that it doesn’t cause premature leather damage including cracking, shrinking, and drying.
  • Z-10 - Leather in a Bottle
    Description
    : Customers LOVE our Z-10 Leather in a Bottle, and for good reason! Z-10 softens and brings back the smell of leather. With Ultra-Gard UV protection, and our exclusive real leather oil concentrate, Z-10 penetrates and preserves all fine leathers for years of beautiful service. After just one use, your car will have that great new leather smell again. No harmful silicone oils and no greasy looks here. For a subtle satin conditioned finish, you’ll love Z-10 too!
I picked up both the other week and used them on Saturday. I thought they both worked great, although neither of my FF white seats were really dirty but I was getting ready for the first show & shine.

Also, Adam's Polishes has a one step leather product called Leather & Interior Conditioner. The way I read this product is that it is not a cleaner and is used to condition the leather and protect it only.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you mean smooth finished leather and not suede-like Alcantara, I don't think you can hurt anything by trying the product you have.

I've had good luck with aerosol hair spray working on ball point pen, and denim might be similar. Spray directly on the leather from about 6 inches, let soak for a few seconds to dissolve the blue and wipe gently, repeating a few times.

Or, if you live in the continental U.S. I'll be glad to ship you a bottle of our Leather Cleaner if you want to give that a try.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
OP, Check out the following link to a thread discussing this issue (dye transfer to leather):

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/120275-blue-jeans-transfer-beige-leather.html

Pay particular attention to member "judyb". She really knows her stuff and is a leather consultant.

Personally, I use and like Leather Masters products but to be honest, I have little experience with dye stains. ....one reason I have avoided vehicles with light leather up to this point.

You may want to do a few searches on that site (in the above link) using keywords like "dye transfer leather" to see what other discussions you run across. Another member named "Roger Koh" (while he doesn't always agree with Judy) is also in the industry and very knowledgeable.

....hope this helps.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had an ink stain on tan leather in the back seat of my truck. I put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and that removed most of it. What didn't come out I was able to remove by taping a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to the stain and letting it sit until it pulled out all the ink.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts