Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am wanting to plast-dip the 20 inch heritage wheels with some white plasti-dip...Will it hurt the polished/chrome wheels I have? Any thoughts or ideas...Pictures of someone doing it with their wheels?

Thanks Jeffrey

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
I gotta imagine that is going to be a PITA to keep clean.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love the FF, but I think white wouldn't do the car any justice IMO. I don't think it would hurt your chrome.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
My thoughts? Keep your wheels the way they are, get a tire pen and make your tires white letter. That would look more classic IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just dipped my chrome clads black for the winter. I've been dipping my wheels for years. The dip is easy to remove as long as you have enough layers on it. And if you can't remove it by hand, bug and tar remover works great.

Like someone else said above, not sure if the white would look good. I personally dont care for white wheels, but its your car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Just try one wheel and take your time. I think it would look neat myself. Just prep it good so its really clean. Their are a boat load of videos on YouTube. Good luck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I saw a picture of a white challenger with white heritage rims. Not sue if it was plastidip or paint but it did look good. The beauty about plastidip is that its cheap, easy to apply and remove.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have plasti dipped my Jeep's wheels black (but not my chrome-clad challenger's). Anyways, I love plasti dip and it won't harm your wheels. It is cheap and you can just peel off if you don't like it. Note that they do make clear plasti dip, which I have used on the nose of my challenger. Works great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts