Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a road trip this weekend and got some good pics. These are @ White Sands Nat'l Park near Alamagordo NM. White Sands park is just north of Trinity Site .......where they exploded the first nuclear bomb.

Enjoy

·
Registered
426 Posts
Trinity site

Took a rode trip this weekend and got some good pics. These are @ White Sands Nat'l Park near Alamagordo NM. White Sands park is just north of Trinity Site .......where they exploded the first nuclear bomb.

Enjoy

Trinity site is north of the Sands. Flew over it in an F-15, it's so small compared to the other blast sites up there.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trinity site is north of the Sands. Flew over it in an F-15, it's so small compared to the other blast sites up there.
Oops you are correct..... and I stand corrected. White Sands Nat'l Park is SOUTH of Trinity Site.

BTW......They have filled in the bomb crater at Trinity Site. I've been to the site a few times. I've hunted and/or guided for Oryx (Gemsbok) on White sands missle range several times. The site is marked with an obelisk now.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
not seeing any pictures.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not seeing any pictures.

Sorry these are downloaded from photobucket. I'll try downloading them here and reposting. Not quite sure how to post them from the gallery. I have a few in my album that are easy to post not sure about how to do them from the gallery???? Can anyone school me on this?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I lived in Alamogordo when I was in the AF stationed at Holloman AFB. That was back in 72-74...long time ago. Nothing to do in Alamogordo back then and I'm sure that things haven't changed much. White Sands is a pretty cool place. I'm not sure if you can still go on to Trinity site...but years ago they would open it up once a year. I actually have a piece of trinitite from there.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
Pics look great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
caj

You are right on Alamogordo not changing much, but I think you would be pleased with HAFB. Loads of money poured into it during the 117 and 22 years. New housing, hangers etc. That may dry up though now that the 22's are leaving.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
caj

You are right on Alamogordo not changing much, but I think you would be pleased with HAFB. Loads of money poured into it during the 117 and 22 years. New housing, hangers etc. That may dry up though now that the 22's are leaving.
When I was at Holloman....they had F4s. The only fast food was a Taco Bell. At that time, I didn't know what a Taco Bell was. I didn't remember them being in Chicago. I was stationed there for about a year and a half. I was married and lived off base in Boles Acres. Don't know if that's even there anymore. It was about 8 or 9 miles south on HWY 54. Loooong time ago. Are you in the Air Force?

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I was at Holloman....they had F4s. The only fast food was a Taco Bell. At that time, I didn't know what a Taco Bell was. I didn't remember them being in Chicago. I was stationed there for about a year and a half. I was married and lived off base in Boles Acres. Don't know if that's even there anymore. It was about 8 or 9 miles south on HWY 54. Loooong time ago. Are you in the Air Force?
Not in the AF, contractor to the Missile Range, but work over in the west area of the base. Boles Acres is still there, hasn't changed in the 24 years I've been here. We got a new IHOP, the town went nuts! Same with Applebees. On the east side of of Boles Acres is a road running east, that is where I do my WOT logging! Oops, sheriff might go there now!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts