Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have a 425 hp muscle car to go out and play in it with!!!!!!! This car is an absolute monstor in the snow. Turn the TC off and just rip it the **** up! But put the TC back on and it was actually very tame. Just had to start out in second, Or even the slightest tap in first gear would spin. But im running on F1's so for 3 season tires Im very impressed.

This was an un expected storm. That turned out to be awesome. Sadly its warmed up and turned to rain. But it was fun while it lasted.

My parking lot of fun!

and after my fun. My boring drive to work.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
What, no tire smoke? Looks like old times.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Awesome pics. Thanks. And, very impressed you were moving around in the white stuff on F1s. I always figured it could be done (just hadn't had a chance to prove it, yet). But, with so many saying how they couldn't do it with F1s, I was a little concerned.

I'm sure you'll get another chance to play in the snow. I know I will once the snow gets to OK...

·
Registered
591 Posts
I love snow but it's because I don't live in it. Having said that us desert dwellers need only drive 2hrs to be up to our knees in it.

Sunshine/heat has its challenges too but you don't have to shovel it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i hate that white sh1t from hel1, its falling out of the sky now screwing up the nice pretty asphalt

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would love snow if it didn't mean there was going to be salt on the roads.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i cant do that to mine...the Jeep sees daily driver duties now til spring time. we got dumped on today and i was in 4 high and never got out of 2nd gear on the hour drive to work LOL

·
Banned
407 Posts
love the snow. even if it limits the time i'll use the challenger, snowboarding and snowmobiling are way too much fun to pass up. couldn't last in the south anyway, 90+ degree weather with smothering humidity...i'd melt

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hate it always have

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew it was short lived. Its pretty much solid rain right now. They dont use salt here they use sand. So I dont worry about it. But It did ok. The only problem I ever ran in to was even in second pressing the gas sent it to the right, But TC and some steering corrected that quickly, and once moving, Was very solid and secure. You just had to respect it. How ever, Hold the ESP button, Give it Hell, Engine would race and it was a ball. I had fun. Now its just a slulshy mess and it will be in the garage until it clears up. Snow is so rare here that I take advantage of it every chance I can. We might get another dusting of snow but By February it will be 60-70's again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
love the snow. even if it limits the time i'll use the challenger, snowboarding and snowmobiling are way too much fun to pass up. couldn't last in the south anyway, 90+ degree weather with smothering humidity...i'd melt
I love the taste of winter we get. December and January are our only cold months. But im not a huge fan of the cold. Infact I hate it. But when snow comes with it. I deal with it. I can survive in 100 degree heat all year long. But am happy to have some white powder on the ground. After I got back A few of my buddies and I took the tube we tow behind the boat and hooked it up to my buddies jeep commander and we had fun, Until the tube smacked a mail box. But we used to live in kankakee Il (small town about an hour south of chicago) and that had winters that were horrible. below freezing from october through march. And single digits from november through january LOL. The snow storm we got today is basically what it looked like all through winter. I learned to drive in chicago winters in a 95 mustang gt with no TC or ABS so this stuff is nothing. lol I have fond memories of spreading cat litter around the rear tires as part of my morning and evening commute to school cause It was only closed if we got more than 3 feet. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today the roads were dry but I have a ton of salt dust on the sides of the car. What can I do to wash it off while its still below freezing out?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hate snow! My Chally is stuck inside the garage until it goes away...:disgust:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You got iron worm fertilizer on your car OMG ;)

I would just rinse it off, I have a hot water hose plumbed to my garage and if it remotely gets near freezzing or above I try to wash my beater or at least get the sand and salt rinsed off and the underside sprayed down.

BTW, buy some FLuid Film and flood all your subsframes and doors and what not with it, best stuff to keep the rust at bay.

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

Today the roads were dry but I have a ton of salt dust on the sides of the car. What can I do to wash it off while its still below freezing out?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
well the white sh1t from hel1 is melted, but the roads are now covered with salt and dust, so my car is stuck in the garage till it rains hard and washes that crap away.
just love snow can you tell

·
Banned
407 Posts
I love the taste of winter we get. December and January are our only cold months. But im not a huge fan of the cold. Infact I hate it. But when snow comes with it. I deal with it. I can survive in 100 degree heat all year long. But am happy to have some white powder on the ground. After I got back A few of my buddies and I took the tube we tow behind the boat and hooked it up to my buddies jeep commander and we had fun, Until the tube smacked a mail box. But we used to live in kankakee Il (small town about an hour south of chicago) and that had winters that were horrible. below freezing from october through march. And single digits from november through january LOL. The snow storm we got today is basically what it looked like all through winter. I learned to drive in chicago winters in a 95 mustang gt with no TC or ABS so this stuff is nothing. lol I have fond memories of spreading cat litter around the rear tires as part of my morning and evening commute to school cause It was only closed if we got more than 3 feet. LOL
haha, yeah I know Kankakee, i'm in schaumburg (1/2hr west of the city). i'm not a huge fan of the cold, but can't get enough of the snow. we're in one of those single diget ruts right now. if we could get a little bit warmer and maybe 4 more inches of snow it'd be much better. Snow/ice is real thin right now. the ski resorts around here are crappy enough being a flat state that crap snow isn't helping.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts