Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I do all the time. I presume North Pole, Alaska. If so were you at the track Labor Day weekend?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I daily drove my 2010 R/T 6 speed for nearly 5 years. My kids were really little back then, like newborn and 2 years old. We took it on family vacations, road trips, to work and back, drove them all over in it. They still remember that car too now. I don't daily drive my new one, but we still take it on trips and stuff. People automatically think you need a big cloddy minivan when you have kids, but you can still have a cool car with kids, maybe not as convenient, but a hell of a lot cooler!

·
Registered
184 Posts
My kids are in middle/high school and I drop off/pickup all the time. They love it when I pull up in front of all their friends.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
My kids are in middle/high school and I drop off/pickup all the time. They love it when I pull up in front of all their friends.
When I first got mine this past spring, I would pick my daughter up from high school sometimes. All her friends are crazy about it. But she has her license now and drives herself back and forth to school in her own pickup.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
The way people drive at schools that would be the last place I’d take any vehicle I prized. Back in the old days when my kids needed to be driven to school I didn’t even want my pickup in the same place as all those distracted parents around me.
News flash, most people especially those dropping kids off before work or picking up are in a hurry and don’t give a crap about any car, they are set on get in and get out and will just as easily crash into your car as any Prius.
If it’s accolades from kids then I guess it’s ok except to them you’re just and old guy with a cool car which really isn’t a compliment.
Just my $.02 on the subject.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don’t daily mine but we do throw the kids in the back fairly regularly. They are younger, 4 and 2.

I actually think it’s easier to get older kids/adults in than it is kids with bulky car seats.

Probably won’t get to do the family cruise as much once our third is born in January. Probably just be me and my son most trips.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
I don’t daily mine but we do throw the kids in the back fairly regularly. They are younger, 4 and 2.

I actually think it’s easier to get older kids/adults in than it is kids with bulky car seats.

Probably won’t get to do the family cruise as much once our third is born in January. Probably just be me and my son most trips.
A 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn coming soon? You’re a VERY lucky man. Enjoy every moment, I’d do that all over again in a heartbeat.
Happy for you and the Mrs.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
A 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn coming soon? You’re a VERY lucky man. Enjoy every moment, I’d do that all over again in a heartbeat.
Happy for you and the Mrs.
Yeah, what he said... :) "Don't blink" - Kenny Chesney

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
Yeah, what he said... :) "Don't blink" - Kenny Chesney
Funny you mention that, I was in Home Depot and a woman was next to me with a month old little girl and I said don’t blink or she will be in college. I blinked and my “baby” is now in medical school. Holy crap, time does fly by, I used to have dark hair now it’s gray. Can I wear a bib for the drool when I drive my car? lol

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Funny you mention that, I was in Home Depot and a woman was next to me with a month old little girl and I said don’t blink or she will be in college. I blinked and my “baby” is now in medical school. Holy crap, time does fly by, I used to have dark hair now it’s gray. Can I wear a bib for the drool when I drive my car? lol
By all means, if you're gonna drool, wear the bib and spare the interior. :) My oldest(boy) will be 48 this December and my baby(girl) will be 17 in January. I went from being the youngest guy with the oldest kid at work to being the oldest with the youngest... wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I pick my kids up in mine often. Their friends love it. They are in a private middle school and all the parents drive expensive SUVs of some type. I'm drooling over their parent's Tesla Model X and the kids are drooling over my R/T Challenger. I'm going to have some competition soon though. One of the parents got a Ford GT allocation.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
Same here, I sometimes pick up my girls (5 & 9) from school (2 miles away from home). When they are outside playing during after care and I pull up, all the boys ask if I could rev the engine. :smile:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I sometimes pick up my 5 year old grandkids from daycare or on the weekends, I get to ride them in the Challenger. They love riding in the Challenger!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I daily drive mine and shuttle the kids all the time! They are 2 and 3 and always just want to go "faster!", which just means give the gas a tap and put 'em into their car seats. Keeps them laughing. It's a perfect family car for the right family. It's priceless to start it up and have your daughter ask: "papa, is that the Hemi?"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts