Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,998 Posts
Well, it's too early to know for sure, I have not seen the new interior in person yet. That being said I love my Yellow Jacket's interior!!! The new steering wheel they put into the '12 SRT and up cars is way better than my '08 SRT's wheel by a long shot!!! I like the 730 media center too, voice activated Nav is too cool. The interior overall still has a retro vibe but oh so comfortable and easy to use.

Reactions: Challenger Beast

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Our original 2008-2014 interior/dash is retro for sure; lots of room and open, just like the 1970-1974.

The new interior layout? Not so much. Looks cool and all, but not retro, looks kind of tight.

·
Premium Member
10,055 Posts
God forbid they change the seat! My favorite chair.
That chair makes me want to drive long distances.
I just wish it had air chillers like the Ram trucks.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I'm onboard...my tastes for car interiors- minimalist.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I like the new interior way more. But you also have to keep in mind that I was not alive in the 70s and have never been in a 70s Challenger. I think they are trying to appeal to a younger buyer with the new interior. Maybe their thinking is that those people that love the retro look already have purchased a Challenger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have only seen the online photos, from what I see would take some getting used to. Part of me says its too charger-ish.

For now I will maintain the 11-14 is the better choice.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
That chair makes me want to drive long distances.
I just wish it had air chillers like the Ram trucks.
It'll probably get the vented seats from the 300/Charger SRT. Those are damn nice, too!

The interior change reminds me the one 300 underwent from 2010 to 2011: the look and feel of the new materials, and the craftsmanship are much superior, but the outgoing interior design was cleaner, more cohesive and elegantly styled.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I'll reserve judgement on the new ones until I get to see one in person. But, I do like my 2009 interior a lot. I have not had that many cars over my 40 years of driving and my '09 has more "features" than any of my previous cars (except my wife's Lexus which I don't like at all).

I am currently trying to work out how I can buy a 2015 R/T (cloth seats of course) and keep my 2009. :D I'd hate to give it up.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I am currently trying to work out how I can buy a 2015 R/T (cloth seats of course) and keep my 2009. :D I'd hate to give it up.
I am going to keep my 08 and take a hard look at a 2016. Hopefully any issues or bugs will be worked out

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
It's a nice interior,but it doesn't fit the retro exterior styling .I like the simplicity of the current models.A little tweak to the radio display area,and more quality around the console,and that would have been it.Theres just too much going on,dash wise.the seats and door panels are really nice though.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I am in love with my Challenger's interior. Great ergonomics IMO. I don't like complexity in car's interiors, too much of a hassle if something ever goes wrong in the future.

Reactions: Steve62

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
. . . I don't like complexity in car's interiors . . .
.........^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
............My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well the old interior has am/fm and CD (rarely use the CD) and I just stated using the jack to plug an MP3 player into so that is about as high tech as I go.
the 09 interior on my SE is practical, well laid out, functional, minimalistic yet attractive.
new interior is quite cool looking but I'm a man of simple tastes and satisfactions

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 20 of 93 Posts