Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was curious to see what people actually got off the MSRP (Sticker price)
Mine Sticker was 40,270 on my Loaded RT Classic and I got her for an even 33K two months ago.

I've heard of people getting 10k or more off sticker on 2010's lately.

I'd like to see the max that people got off sticker on actual purchases (not just dealer offers). 2010 or 2011 Models.
Fire away...:redcap:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
NEW 2010 loaded - sticker $40,570 (Destination charge $725) got her for $31K. Just about three months ago - Central Florida, Dodge Jeep of Winter Haven

·
Registered
49 Posts
are these prices without trade in value?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Correct Trou8le, that was what they offered the car without down payment or trade in. I also got 1.9 financing

I contacted the dealership via their "ask for special internet pricing" on their web site on a Sunday evening, got a reply back in 20 minutes later. I replied saying hold that car and drove the 80 mile trip the next day literally shaking with excitement.

I never expected a reply so quickly for such a good price. My drivers door as a very small ding (about a 1/4 of a dime, not even). but other then that brand new

·
Registered
558 Posts
Looking at my sticker right now. I bought the car new (2010 DWB R/T 6 speed) about 2.5 months ago. "Total Price" on sticker, including destination charge, $39,165. They took a straight $9,000 off ($8k on the car, $1K more for the manual transmission). They offered that amount right up front (clearing out the 2010s). No trade. They wanted something like 5.9% financing. I couldn't negotiate the price further too easily, so I just worked on the rate, and signed at 4.9%. Paid a straight $30,165 for the car, plus tax and tags, and a reasonable $100 processing charge, which I was glad to pay considering that discount amount. Rockville, Md.

This is close to the best I have seen, but a bit less than above. Have seen a $7.5K discount offer advertised locally and similar, before negotiation.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Rudedog, great deal! That is the very best I have seen. I (and wife) wanted the plum crazy last summer/fall, but thought they were all gone off the lots this winter/spring. I would have competed for that one if I had known, but I'm happy with the DWB. For our own tastes, we much preferred the black stripe than the white on the PC Classic, but to each his own, and you got the killer deal. I have to say, we got near perfect paint and body and the $9K off. I have seen some new cars on lots with unacceptable paint flaws, but on a deal like that, worth taking the small ding.

btw, I definitely wanted a lower interest rate than I got, but it was their last R/T, the other dealer was $2K or more higher on the price, so I didn't want to push so hard that I would lose it. With the price you got AND the low interest rate, you got the best deal I have seen, hands down.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thanks Ragtop,
I had only dreamed of PCP and never thought I would get that color. I was about fed up trying to find a car I could afford with the option I wanted. God bless my wife for putting up with me while I looked. I only contacted the dealership out of frustration, I never thought in a million years, they would come back with a killer deal.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, God bless my wife too, she put up with a ton of car lot visits, strategizing at home, and website/ebay reading while I tried to make this work for a full year. Wives who understand that guys need this car are saints. Women who need this car themselves are a whole 'nuther level of sainthood too!

You like won the lottery with finding a PCP Classic at the big discount. That color nearly comes alive under lights at night.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Looking at my sticker right now. I bought the car new (2010 DWB R/T 6 speed) about 2.5 months ago. "Total Price" on sticker, including destination charge, $39,165. They took a straight $9,000 off ($8k on the car, $1K more for the manual transmission). They offered that amount right up front (clearing out the 2010s). No trade. They wanted something like 5.9% financing. I couldn't negotiate the price further too easily, so I just worked on the rate, and signed at 4.9%. Paid a straight $30,165 for the car, plus tax and tags, and a reasonable $100 processing charge, which I was glad to pay considering that discount amount. Rockville, Md.

This is close to the best I have seen, but a bit less than above. Have seen a $7.5K discount offer advertised locally and similar, before negotiation.
Son of a #@$%#! Nice deal! You got your 2010 new for about what I paid used. And you're in the area! Well done.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Got my new 10 SRT8 11 months ago for $8,000 off MSRP from a dealer's ad in the paper plus they gave me full KBB trade-in & a 7 year/70k mile bumper/bumper warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MSRP was 39,850, got it for 29,585 plus $115.00 in document fees. Dealer was about 250 miles away and delivered to my my door for no additional cost. Mine is an auto which seemed to be harder to find deals on as the manuals had the additional rebate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got my 2010 B5 classic in Feb. This was the only color I wanted and there weren't many left. The sticker was 41,345 and got for 30,800. This was including my employee discount. The car had 700 miles on it from the dealer but the only one around that had all the options I wanted. No trade in and 4.15% financing

·
Registered
295 Posts
MSRP on my '11 TO Classic was $38,095 auto, STP, sunroof and soundgroup II, got it for $33,000 not including a $1000.00 incentive. They wanted to sell it, last day of the month.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you guys tell me how this 1000 off for Manual Transmission works?
I did not know about it when I got my car and I'd like them to honor this discount now.

I even said to them "Why on the 2010's does it cost $1000 more for the manual"? And they just blew it off & never mentioned the incentive.

Was this nationwide? I am in NY

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Brand new 2010 RT Classic PCP, fully loaded - for ~$11,700 CAD under MSRP price. I negotiated the total price including all docs and other BS fees to be included.

Got the car just about a month ago... :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
The best deal I saw was on E Bay. FF R/T with an MSRP of 40.3k with a buy it now of 28.3k. I called the dealer in Georgia and confirmed it was legit but I could not bring myself to pull the trigger. It did sell for that price a few days later.

My 11 TO R/T Classic I picked up for 31320 less the 1k rebate so 30320 with no doc fees and 1.9 % financing for 72 months. MSRP was 35,365.

Not the best but good enough. The 10's were and are going for steals.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got 6K off the MSRP of my Mopar-10 right before Christmas. That and a good trade value for my wife's truck moved it into my price range. :guiness:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Starchild, what I don't know is the official detail on the 2010 transmission rebate (or dealer decision, if it was not official). For me, the delaer just said right off, "$8,000 off the R/Ts and SRTs, $9,000 off if it is manual". Therefore, for me, it was $1000 for the transmission, but the dealer never showed me details on any breakdown of this offer. I just knew it was the best I had seen or heard of up to that point, and they had a nice DWB R/T that I felt I could keep the rest of my life for my fun car, so that was that.

You probably know this, but just in case: in 2010 the manual transmission was a $1000 option on the sticker. Figuring the marketing, I Dodge must have believed that was a nice way to maximize profits. When they had to consider in early 2011 that they were left with manual 2010s on the lots, and they had already re-priced the tansmissions for 2011 (manual transmission now no-cost standard on the car, and automatic a $1000 option) it made sense that they gave $1000 more off for the 2010 leftover manuals, which essentially took their price off the sticker. But if it is not an official rebate, they can always tell you it the price they offered you factored all that in, and therefore they are not going to have the extra $1000 to give you back. Maybe someone can shed further light on whether in was an official rebate, rather than just a sales strategy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The best deal I saw was on E Bay. FF R/T with an MSRP of 40.3k with a buy it now of 28.3k. I called the dealer in Georgia and confirmed it was legit but I could not bring myself to pull the trigger. It did sell for that price a few days later.

My 11 TO R/T Classic I picked up for 31320 less the 1k rebate so 30320 with no doc fees and 1.9 % financing for 72 months. MSRP was 35,365.

Not the best but good enough. The 10's were and are going for steals.
Holy crap!!! I think i bought this car! And i got it for 28 after calling Keith and going over the car with him on the phone...Couple monthes back? Great bunch of guys and got a GWE car coming in soon...44k:browsmiley:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts