Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,566 Posts
My 3 favorite colors, well maybe F8 or Plum Crazy over Sinamon Stick. If you gave me stupid money for mine, I might road trip!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Can you post a close up of the side emblems? I hate how on mine they are both the same, the driver's side one looks backwards. The fixed that with the ones with 392 under them, and then with the 50th, but they seem colored different.
As example, my avatar is my driver's side.
They actually fixed the badge starting w/ all 2019 models, including the one w/o 392 under the bee. Hopefully someone (Luke?) can post the part # for the drivers-side which now faces forward.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can you post a close up of the side emblems? I hate how on mine they are both the same, the driver's side one looks backwards. The fixed that with the ones with 392 under them, and then with the 50th, but they seem colored different.
As example, my avatar is my driver's side.
Both sides face forward. Note the "Gold School" tint. Not sure I like it all that much but it does distinguish the car, if you know what you are looking at.
bee.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They actually fixed the badge starting w/ all 2019 models, including the one w/o 392 under the bee. Hopefully someone (Luke?) can post the part # for the drivers-side which now faces forward.
Yes PLEASE, I have not seen one.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Both sides face forward. Note the "Gold School" tint. Not sure I like it all that much but it does distinguish the car, if you know what you are looking at. View attachment 990797
Ugh, no color, bummer. They look great on the 50th cars being special and all, but I just want my driver's side mirrored.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Yes, I believe 68394688AA is the correct pn. Here was another thread about it...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This angle gives a better perspective on the wheel dish.
back lot 4 3 20.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
No widebodys or manuals?
the 23T / 24T are the 50th Anniversary quick order codes for M6 / A8 respectively

I didn't realize the fender bees were monochromatic as part of the 50th Anniversary package.
I like the gunmetal calipers - must be another item in the package as well.
[Orange and Gunmetal brake calipers are only offered on SRT as options]

the only way I'd have one is M6 for me. The younger buyers go for A8s and dealers can sell an automatic to anyone - except me! I'll pass on that, its a non-negotiable item.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
the 23T / 24T are the 50th Anniversary quick order codes for M6 / A8 respectively

the only way I'd have one is M6 for me. The younger buyers go for A8s and dealers can sell an automatic to anyone

Same here. If it doesn't have a clutch pedal I'm not interested. I ordered this car. The only way I was going to do it was if I could get exactly what I wanted. If it would have been possible I would have deleted the black top panels. It is growing on me however.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Dealers love automatics. I remember when the 2014 Shaker came out, my local dealer ordered and got 7 Shakers and every single one was an A5.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Yes, the autos are a dream for the dealers. My last two Challengers were both ordered with the A8. It's a great transmission. I thoroughly enjoy driving it, shifting with the paddles and all. I'm quicker at the drag strip. But, every once in a while when I'm cruising around, I feel like the manual should have been my choice...

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Here's the images of the items we were messaging about @cruiserdan
20190831_204103.jpg
20190831_203459.jpg
20200404_122640.jpg
20200404_122735.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Cut-to-fit. Excellent!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Making it my own:

Before I put my 09 SRT8 up for sale I removed a few things I had added to it over the last 10 years and added some new bits. Among those items were a set of Weather Tech floor mats (don't bother, they are not the same. The new vehicle has a slightly different floor pan shape an additional mat securing points) , a Mercedes Benz parking brake pedal cover:
20200404_183229.jpg
Mopar accessory door sills and I chose to go with the "old" part number because this version protects the outer upper edge of the sill. The current "correct" plates do not. They simply sit on top without protecting the most vulnerable part of the sill. While offering greater protection, the old-style plates are quite difficult to install. Read it's easy to flush 90 bucks down the commode. If your aim is off, remember you only get one chance to nail it. :oops:
20200404_182112.jpg

I also retained the "Devo hats" (as shown in Hal's post above) on the front strut towers. I could not transfer the actual brace because the Shaker requires a 2-piece brace. I have that on order now.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The new big Brembos are as dirty as ever.
Clean:
clean.jpg

Dirty, literally after only 91 miles of mixed very tame operation:
dirty.jpg

This is probably why all of the other current wheels are some form of black. I still like a dirty bright wheel over a clean black one.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
stop tech brake pads will fix that problem - the 6 piston OEM pads make a LOT of dust.

I've changed out 3 sets for local club members to date

21 - 40 of 67 Posts