Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
stop tech brake pads will fix that problem - the 6 piston OEM pads make a LOT of dust.

I've changed out 3 sets for local club members to date

Yeah but, do they stop as well? Really stop as well?

Just sayin'. Once upon a time my Brembos saved my ass when some clown left-turned in front of me at a traffic light. I missed clobbering him by a couple inches. My wife still tells people about how my "Bimbos" saved us. :oops:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did the z26 pad swap. There is probably a little difference but the brembos definitely still stop fast.

On you door sill guards, could you post a profile pic to show how well the contour matches?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Yeah but, do they stop as well? Really stop as well?

Just sayin'. Once upon a time my Brembos saved my ass when some clown left-turned in front of me at a traffic light. I missed clobbering him by a couple inches. My wife still tells people about how my "Bimbos" saved us. :oops:
Yes - they'll work well. The OEM pads are "grabby" on initial application which the Stop Techs have a more linear feel.

the 6 piston brakes are overkill for the street - so you have plenty in reserve.

the other part of this are the OEM pads are very aggressive compound - they'll wear down those $700 rotors faster than you'd expect

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Making it my own:

Before I put my 09 SRT8 up for sale I removed a few things I had added to it over the last 10 years and added some new bits. Mopar accessory door sills and I chose to go with the "old" part number because this version protects the outer upper edge of the sill. The current "correct" plates do not. They simply sit on top without protecting the most vulnerable part of the sill. While offering greater protection, the old-style plates are quite difficult to install. Read it's easy to flush 90 bucks down the commode. If your aim is off, remember you only get one chance to nail it. :oops: View attachment 990911
I did the same - got another set of the early style sill guards as they wrap over the edge of the sill, which needs that protection the most. This go - around, I had a sign lettering guy fill in the embossed letters with red paint - so mine look as if the guards are punched through allowing the Torred paint to show
20190331_160132.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I did the same - got another set of the early style sill guards as they wrap over the edge of the sill, which needs that protection the most. This go - around, I had a sign lettering guy fill in the embossed letters with red paint - so mine look as if the guards are punched through allowing the Torred paint to show View attachment 990930
Ooooo, now I have to do that.

How about your shift knob? A dab of PR3 from the touch-up tube.
shifter.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I did the z26 pad swap. There is probably a little difference but the brembos definitely still stop fast.

On you door sill guards, could you post a profile pic to show how well the contour matches?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hal's photo in post #45 shows the fit over the edge. The contour matches the sill edge but there is a challenge that has always been the case with this part number, no matter what year. The plate is perfectly straight and the sill edge has a slight curve. The plate will flex enough to fit the curve but it's difficult to get the curve and stick the plate down at the same time. I missed on the passenger side slightly but not enough to go buy another set.
This accessory may best be fitted by someone who has done a few and has already made a hundred dollar mistake.

The part number is 82211234.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Hal's photo in post #45 shows the fit over the edge. The contour matches the sill edge but there is a challenge that has always been the case with this part number, no matter what year. The plate is perfectly straight and the sill edge has a slight curve. The plate will flex enough to fit the curve but it's difficult to get the curve and stick the plate down at the same time. I missed on the passenger side slightly but not enough to go buy another set.
This accessory may best be fitted by someone who has done a few and has already made a hundred dollar mistake.

The part number is 82211234.
spray a little soapy water and "wet float" like installing graphics.

That 3m trim tape is sticky stuff! I remember I had slightly missed the mark on the passenger side and applied some rubbing alcohol to allow me to move it, let alcohol evaporate and hold it down while it set

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Ooooo, now I have to do that.

How about your shift knob? A dab of PR3 from the touch-up tube. View attachment 990932
Cool !

you have the Alcantara headliner and CF trim package! Nice (that's how I would have ordered mine if I were getting a 50th Anniv. Scat Pack). I see the sepia stitching is back for the 50th Anniv (the '15 / '16 Shakers with default black leather (non-SPAG) had sepia stitching and "Shaker" embroidery on the seats

I've left my shifter knob stock - however here was my day #2 mod.

The '20s are now doing this (with a different version of the Charger SP grill badge)

When I ordered my '16 SPS (summer of '15) I hadn't seen how larger the Shaker Bee badges would be - so I had a 6/8th size made for the spoiler.

Wanted to do something that looked like OEM since the only models that had any spoiler badging were SRTs and later the T/A models
20160903_181006.jpg
20160903_181033.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Cool !

you have the Alcantara headliner and CF trim package! Nice (that's how I would have ordered mine if I were getting a 50th Anniv. Scat Pack). I see the sepia stitching is back for the 50th Anniv (the '15 / '16 Shakers with default black leather (non-SPAG) had sepia stitching and "Shaker" embroidery on the seats

I've left my shifter knob stock - however here was my day #2 mod.

The '20s are now doing this (with a different version of the Charger SP grill badge)

When I ordered my '16 SPS (summer of '15) I hadn't seen how larger the Shaker Bee badges would be - so I had a 6/8th size made for the spoiler.

Wanted to do something that looked like OEM since the only models that had any spoiler badging were SRTs and later the T/A models View attachment 990933 View attachment 990934
Actually I did not get the Alcantra headliner. That was a 500 dollar add. The carbon fiber and Alcantra upholstery are part of the base (if you can call it that) 50th anniversary package. I also skipped the technology group. Adaptive cruise and forward collision warning are not available with a 6M and I can still tell when I need to turn my wipers and high-beams on. :) Oh, I skipped the sun roof to. My 09 had one and I think I opened it maybe a dozen times in the 10 years I owned the car.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Nice - there's all sorts of goods bundled with the 50th Anniv package. the Alcantara headliner & CF trim is a $1.6k package on its own. I see that the 50th gets a copper color weave in the CF package.

I have rain sensing wipers on my 'Benz - so the Technology Pkg was a cheap add on with the auto high beams as a plus. Turn them on, and they'll go to idle or pick up the wipe rate as needed

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I received a couple more items today. A pair of "392 HEMI" Shaker emblems (68260794AB) and an air-catcher cold air duct (77072385). I got after the install on the duct and I ran into something unexpected. Note the shape and contour of Hal's headlamp below:
Screenshot_2020-04-07 Who has a 50th Anniversary on the way .png

Now, note the shape and contour of my headlamp below:
headlamp back.jpg

My lamp has an additional lamp-driver of some kind that Hal's does not. I did not notice this during my initial install attempt and I found that the duct was over-compressed and restricted, much like trying to bend a piece of straight hose at a 90. I then looked at Hal's photo and the issue was plain to see.
I stepped back and went to the garage fridge for a can if inspiration and brooded for a bit. I dropped back 20 yards and punted with a utility knife. I cut the straight lip off at the first corrugation and tested it. Good enough:
fitted 1.jpg

Who knew that the standard GM cut-to-fit procedure would work as well for FCA :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,797 Posts
You have the illuminated/air catcher headlights

A Guy

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
You have the illuminated/air catcher headlights

A Guy
I do indeed. I don't recall seeing any factory notes about the duct being "not -applicable" if lighted. I'm glad I didn't as I would have probably surrendered without trying it. :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
On to the Shaker emblems. My parts guy took some extra time for me and dug up Shaker installation instructions from 2015 that included templates for emblem location. This made the job practically painless.
RH 392.jpg
I was not sure how the red 392 would look on the red Shaker but I'm liking it a lot.
LH 392.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,797 Posts
Do you have the installation instructions? If so, post them so others may find them please

A Guy

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Let's see if this works:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,797 Posts
Thanks (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yes thanks very much! Any chance you have part 1?
That's all he sent me. We were focused on the emblem template. I'll ask him if he can come up with it.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts