Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
I do indeed. I don't recall seeing any factory notes about the duct being "not -applicable" if lighted. I'm glad I didn't as I would have probably surrendered without trying it. :)
Dan - good write up! There's been a couple of folks with '19s (that's when the lighted Air Catcher ports spread across many models other than T/As, 'Cats and Demon) that the tube fits just have to cut it shorter due the additional projection of the LED lighting module...

PS: the badging looks good on the (red) painted scoop.

For a bit of trivia only the '70 offered the red painted shaker scoop. there were even print ads with '70 models with painted - there were issues with the paint holding up and then production shifted from satin black only and then '71 went to Argent shaker scoops.

there have been a couple of restorations done on '70 models that they found the scoops were painted red, then subsequently had black applied over them due to the paint fading or crazing from heat. This was or course the old solvent base single stage paints of that era

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
This is a beautiful ride!

Love the pictures. I’m more of a black rim/wheel guy but it’s whatever you like! None the less, a beautiful beast.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
I've seen some more images of the Scat Pack 50th Anniv (non WB version) - man, those wheels are not the most attractive ones they could have designed. Either the pockets need painting to bring out some details.

They almost look like plastic wheel covers (and they're 9.5" wide for the 6 piston brake / 275/40 tire combo) - the SP 50th WB wheels (and R/T 5.7 50th) look so much better

RT nonWB 50th Anniv wheel.jpg

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I've seen some more images of the Scat Pack 50th Anniv (non WB version) - man, those wheels are not the most attractive ones they could have designed. Either the pockets need painting to bring out some details.

They almost look like plastic wheel covers (and they're 9.5" wide for the 6 piston brake / 275/40 tire combo) - the SP 50th WB wheels (and R/T 5.7 50th) look so much better

View attachment 993095
Yeah not a fan. R/T and GT has the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

61 - 67 of 67 Posts