Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a line-lock for my manual 392. does anyone have it yet? bringing the rpm's up to 3 grand and then popping the clutch only to jump on the brake and gas just does not work with my size 16 shoes. I know there are other ways to do a burnout but a line lock seems to be much easier.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I don't think the ABS/ESP system has changed at all for the 392s so any '09+ line lock system will probably work.

I'm running this: SLP Line Lock Brake Control Package 05-09 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 5.7, 6.1L

Tom

thinking about getting a line-lock for my manual 392. does anyone have it yet? bringing the rpm's up to 3 grand and then popping the clutch only to jump on the brake and gas just does not work with my size 16 shoes. I know there are other ways to do a burnout but a line lock seems to be much easier.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am the 392 test car for Hurst/B&M and should have a line lock kit for my car soon. Hit me up in a couple weeks and I will let you know how it goes. The brake lines are different on the 392 so they have to develop the kit.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
interested in a line lock also. do you know of the kit will have all lines prebent and flared so you don't have to have special tools?

·
Registered
392 Posts
You should ask Chris at Hurst. He is subzero05. All I saw was them taking measurements so I havent see the actual kit yet. I know it is going to be located in the rear on the drivers side, vice up front on the passenger side.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Any new info on the kit SparkChicken?

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
447 Posts
Sorry for being stupid, but how does a line lock work? I have an automatic, so I just have "one foot on the brake, and one on the gas" to quote Sammy Hagar. I could see where this might be hard to do with a clutch pedal.

Are line locks mostly/only for cars with a manual tranny?

Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My limited understanding is it keeps the front brake locked while allowing the rear to release fully so you aren't making the rears spin against the pad resistance during the burnout. I would think this would help auto as well as manual.

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
Right now the SLP is a good (and instant) choice, but the Hurst will be out soon as well, which will be pretty sweet.

I am the 392 test car for Hurst/B&M and should have a line lock kit for my car soon. Hit me up in a couple weeks and I will let you know how it goes. The brake lines are different on the 392 so they have to develop the kit.
I am also. ;)

Here is a pic of the Hurst line lock kit. We will have the first 25 kits available at a special pre-order price and I have all the details and will post it up soon. Hurst is sending me the kit prior in order to install and test. We'll have a full install write-up and review in our vendor section once it's completed.

Lisa.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That looks good. Count me in! Would you pair that with a Hurst shifter with release button on it, or does the button mount somewhere else? under the dash? Total newb on this.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes, depending on how the button hooks up and price I am in.,

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
works great on a stick. had one on my red TA. Should be the same for an auto. if its like my old one. you come to a stop. press the brake and hold it. you activate the line lock by flipping a switch or button. take your foot off brake and the line lock keeps the front brake on. this allows you to press on the gas without a foot on the brake. works great to heat up your back tires at the track. once you are done you turn off line lock by flipping switch and it releases the front brake. thats all there is to it.

I had my switch hidden in my ash tray compartment.

·
Banned
928 Posts
the hurst kit for 08-2010 are not the same or useable on the 2011. The brake lines are different and required a entire new kit to be designed. ETA is yet to be determined on the 2011

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
^^ Yes, that is correct as we confirmed with Hurst today. We received the Hurst line lock kit to install on a shop car yesterday. But, for now, there isn't a kit for the 2011+ due to the master brake line. Hurst is going to work on it.

Lisa.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lisa please let me know when available.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
^^ Yes, that is correct as we confirmed with Hurst today. We received the Hurst line lock kit to install on a shop car yesterday. But, for now, there isn't a kit for the 2011+ due to the master brake line. Hurst is going to work on it.

Lisa.

Any updates on the 2011 line lock from Hurst? Cooler weather is about 2 months away and I would like to have one for the track. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
anyone hear anything about a line lock kit for a 2012 392 challenger. im guessing it would be the same as the 2011 kit but i dont see those available on any sites either

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
still waiting too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts