Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've been reading, this seems to be a popular, top brand of headers. If anyone has them on an R/T, I would love to know your thoughts on them. Sound, where you bought them, how long it took to install, performance gains etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i have them and like them a lot. not sure about the sound because I also have the borla/mopar catback and thats a nice meaty sound. the install wasnt too bad. I did it myself in my garage with the car on jackstands over a weekend. there are some bolts on the passenger side that are a pita to tighten.

GET A 10mm Gear Wrench (I believe thats the size). Actually, if you can modify your gear wrench to be about a foot long, it would make for an easier job.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you say Borla/Mopar catback, are you talking about the dual exhaust that came with your car? Cause thats what I have too, sans the suitcase muffler.

·
Registered
204 Posts
link please!

For us noobs can you give a run down on the benefits of swapping out the stock heads for these?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Challenger_Charger_Magnum_300C

Here is a link for ARH site for our cars. I wont get into specfics on what you get as I am not 100% my info is accurate, however, I can tell you that since the 5.7 hemi has an exhaust manifold instead of headers (SRT has headers) then we will see significant gains for the swap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I am wondering if the SRT headers will fit the R/T? Anybody know??

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
when you say Borla/Mopar catback, are you talking about the dual exhaust that came with your car? Cause thats what I have too, sans the suitcase muffler.
no, the borla/mopar catback is an item Mopar sells in their parts catalog as a replacement for the stock exhaust. its louder and sounds much better than the stock 6 spd exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aarcuda, do you have and sound clips? I would love to hear what it sounds like. The site I am going to order it from asks if I want ext harnesses. I've been told this is probably for the O2 sensors. Did you need this? Did you notice a good power gain from this?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Ya. I do but pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

As for extensions, ya you'll need them. And some minicat o2 extensions to keep from throwing codes. I used the antifouler and steel wool and it throws codes every now and then.

Great power!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm considering buying those headers too for my SRT8. My concern though is about emissions. Or do they have no effect on exhaust emissions?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I am wondering if the SRT headers will fit the R/T? Anybody know??
Yes the fit, BUT the ports don't match up if your 5.7 is an 08 or earlier. As of 09 and forward the 5.7 heads exhaust ports are the same D shape as the 6.1 so the SRT headers fit without modifications.

Unmodified SRT headers on an 08 or earlier 5.7 will probably decrease performance.

At least thats the way the 5.7 Charger world works and I believe they are all the same motors.

I just swapped out my 5.7 log manifolds for srt8 headers and cats on my Charger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey i have the same exhaust and have been wondering what the ARH would sound like with it, would you mind sending me a sound clip as well?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have ARH with high flow cats. I had the zoomers before I added them, definitely a huge difference in sound after, especially on the side of the car. The idle is very nice combined with the 6.4 cam. The sound is so nice, I tend to drive with the windows down even when it is too cold for comfort.

Can't really tell from this video, I should make a new one from the side. For a minute I regretted spending the change vs getting SRT shorty headers because the HP gains are minimal and it reduces how much I can lower it, but the idle sound more than makes up for it.

If I was short on cash I'd get the SRT headers vs long tubes though, especially without FI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts