Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is about painting my coolant tank. I was wondering if the heat/coolant effects the paint?
Does the paint crack or peel in a year or 2/ Does the plastic tank expand and contract at all?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks good ,where did you buy it , and did it come painted ,, material? ,,,thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,846 Posts
I went the JLT route as well

008.jpg

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I painted mine with a epoxy paint hard as a rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have no experience with painting it, but I went this way in trying to hide the bottle of ugliness.

The white Mopar sticker was something I found online.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=523_416_506&products_id=1101&zenid=t0jd0u0f4ja6ae6cje5mjsp2t4
Looks good.:bigthumb: Think I'm going that way. Looked at the Moroso tank but it's pretty pricey. Gotta save my pennies here in Cali. They just dumped a $0.12 increase on the gas tax per gallon on us last week.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,452 Posts
Looks good.:bigthumb: Think I'm going that way. Looked at the Moroso tank but it's pretty pricey. Gotta save my pennies here in Cali. They just dumped a $0.12 increase on the gas tax per gallon on us last week.
I'd go with the Moroso tank if it had a sight glass on it, but since it doesn't, I've decided to paint mine too, after I get my battery light problem resolved.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,701 Posts
AZPueblo gave me the name of a Gentleman that sells painted ones. He uses a brand new tank (OEM unit) and then paints them the same way that you'd paint the body. He paints pieces that go to SEMA, so I knew that he knew his stuff.

Mine looks better than the outside of the car (painted, sanded, cleared and buffed out with Zero orange peel or flaws) and I thought the price was reasonable for how it looks. He left the fill lines visible, so that I could check the level without problems, but hand painted the letters the same color as the HEMI red badges.

I put a Billet Technologies satin cap on it and it finished it off. I think that it looks Great!

Here's his info if you're interested:

Ron Couch ([email protected])
(520) 255-1587

I hope that posting this info up doesn't violate any forum rules. I'm not trying to sell anything, just pass on some helpful information.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AZPueblo gave me the name of a Gentleman that sells painted ones. He uses a brand new tank (OEM unit) and then paints them the same way that you'd paint the body. He paints pieces that go to SEMA, so I knew that he knew his stuff.

Mine looks better than the outside of the car (painted, sanded, cleared and buffed out with Zero orange peel or flaws) and I thought the price was reasonable for how it looks. He left the fill lines visible, so that I could check the level without problems, but hand painted the letters the same color as the HEMI red badges.

I put a Billet Technologies satin cap on it and it finished it off. I think that it looks Great!

Here's his info if you're interested:

Ron Couch ([email protected])
(520) 255-1587

I hope that posting this info up doesn't violate any forum rules. I'm not trying to sell anything, just pass on some helpful information.
Thanks , FreddyG ,, funny I have been in touch with him already . I started this thread to fine out if the paint
holds up to the heat

1 - 20 of 32 Posts