Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know it's illegal, bad 02 sensors,maybe even smell, loss of HP but gain In torque...... I still want to do it.. Does anyone have positive feed back from removing these bad boys? Louder? More torque? Ext? Thank you and have a wonderful challenger day :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gain will be about 2-3hp on a moderately modded engine...high flow cats will give the same increase as no cats without the smell....
Thanks for the feed back bro, I'm actually looking to increase the sound, will high flow cats do this as well? Also, did you remove or put high flow cats on yours? Thank you. Also any other opinion will be great! Thanks..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The high flow cats will increase sound a little bit but not nearly as much as going no cats. I installed Magnaflow high flow cats on mine.
Thanks for the input brotha!! What I am actually afried of is the smell! And maybe losing hp, but do you gain torque? Is the smell inevitable? I do want it much louder. I have two flowmaster 40s and deleted resonator

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for the input brotha!! What I am actually afried of is the smell! And maybe losing hp, but do you gain torque? Is the smell inevitable? I do want it much louder. I have two flowmaster 40s and deleted resonator
Smell isn't bad at all with the high flow cats. Windows down and reversing every once in a while you get a wif of it but its no big deal.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smell isn't bad at all with the high flow cats. Windows down and reversing every once in a while you get a wif of it but its no big deal.
Thanks man, tell you the truth. I'm worried about the smell if the windows are up and in the cabin. I do bring a bunch of girls on dates in my car hahaha, so should I go for it?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks man, tell you the truth. I'm worried about the smell if the windows are up and in the cabin. I do bring a bunch of girls on dates in my car hahaha, so should I go for it?
If you have a girl who can't handle a little bit of exhaust smell in your American muscle car she isn't the right girl for you.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a girl who can't handle a little bit of exhaust smell in your American muscle car she isn't the right girl for you.
haha right on man! well I talked to another challenger owner on here and he said he went catless and got some gains and loudness, didn't complain about anything so I am going to do it! thank you all for the input!!

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
remove my catalytic converter? Of course not "Dodge warranty & EPA"..... l would never do that!!! :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
675 Posts
It will be the worst thing you could ever do to yourself and your car...
The smell is NOXOUS...(very F*@*?# UP)
You will hate yourself, and feel stupid.
YOUR MOVE.
Remember...I told you.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Enjoy check engine lights, obnoxious sound, and constant fumes on what is about to become a horrible running car. But hey man, it's yours to do with as you wish. Also, I hope you didn't have a warranty because you won't after you do this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Enjoy check engine lights, obnoxious sound, and constant fumes on what is about to become a horrible running car. But hey man, it's yours to do with as you wish. Also, I hope you didn't have a warranty because you won't after you do this.
yea, gosh its so 50/50 man. some guys tell me they are happy with it and it bring them no problems, then others with your guys opinion with smell and shit running car. does it really effect the engine or car for that matter that much??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will be the worst thing you could ever do to yourself and your car...
The smell is NOXOUS...(very F*@*?# UP)
You will hate yourself, and feel stupid.
YOUR MOVE.
Remember...I told you.
damn is it really that bad?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
yea, gosh its so 50/50 man. some guys tell me they are happy with it and it bring them no problems, then others with your guys opinion with smell and shit running car. does it really effect the engine or car for that matter that much??
You'll lose power, gas mileage, and your check engine light will remain on literally forever.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Your car was built to run with catalytic converters. Not trying to bust your balls or anything dude, but this is a really really bad idea. Do you (did you) still have a factory warranty?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your car was built to run with catalytic converters. Not trying to bust your balls or anything dude, but this is a really really bad idea. Do you (did you) still have a factory warranty?
damn, is there any pros at all? Some guys (with challengers) say they got a bit more HP and torque, less back pressure, and also a louder sound. That's what I was planning to go for was a louder sound primarily so that what was I was basing my decision on, but now im so over the fence about it because all the negative feedback about it.. I don't car much about the smell because I heard its not bad and also im don't want to like **** up the engine or anything.. I was just planning to GUT the converters to make it "appear" they are still there. we don't do smog test in texas but yea:eek:hthedrama:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
damn, is there any pros at all? Some guys (with challengers) say they got a bit more HP and torque, less back pressure, and also a louder sound. That's what I was planning to go for was a louder sound primarily so that what was I was basing my decision on, but now im so over the fence about it because all the negative feedback about it.. I don't car much about the smell because I heard its not bad and also im don't want to like **** up the engine or anything.. I was just planning to GUT the converters to make it "appear" they are still there. we don't do smog test in texas but yea:eek:hthedrama:
We don't do smog testing in SC either, but your car will not run right and your CEL will be on every time you start the car until you turn it off. And instant voided warranty. Unfortunately man, it's not 1986 anymore where you just run a straight pipe where the cat was and the car runs better. These cars are designed to have cats. If you really want your car to be loud you could always eliminate mufflers but damn dude, how loud do you want it? NONE of this will give you more power, so that's pretty much moot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We don't do smog testing in SC either, but your car will not run right and your CEL will be on every time you start the car until you turn it off. And instant voided warranty. Unfortunately man, it's not 1986 anymore where you just run a straight pipe where the cat was and the car runs better. These cars are designed to have cats. If you really want your car to be loud you could always eliminate mufflers but damn dude, how loud do you want it? NONE of this will give you more power, so that's pretty much moot.
Well bro, I know if you use a spacer non fouler plug it won't throw a code thus leading to a CL, so that part is good. As of warranty. I only had 2 year warranty and it was a brand new car. Already had it for a year so it's whatever. I don't think they will check because the cats will visual be their. They would have to weld it off or use an extremely long boroscope or something. Right now I have 2 flowmaster 40, deleted resonator but yes I basically wasn't the car louder with out full straight pipe.... My biggest concern bro is of course I don't want to screw up anything with the ENGINE. But ya

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
21 Participants
rghoskins
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing