Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has head on sale. Who has the best heads? I'm looking to upgrade my 6.1 vorteched challenger and need a little advice on this upgrade. Which heads will give me the most rwhp and rwtq. Here are the options. What is the diffrence? Thanks in advance!

HHP
stage 2 heads $2150

PWR
Mean street heads $1559
Pro Street heads $2207
Eagle heads $1780

·
Registered
70 Posts
PWR puts those same $1559 Mean Street heads or their 900hp motors. IMO... Smokin deal, product and service!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
HHP / BES also offer ported and polished heads. Stage 2 heads cost $2,350. If pricing is an issue, the Mean Street heads from PWR is probably the way to go.

And while you are making this mod, you might want to consider a cam with a blower grind.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If I was going to port some heads, I would get Bill Ford at Precision Engine II to do them. He is very knowledgeable and you would be hard pressed to find anybody to do a better job. His shop is in Sylvania, Georgia and his number is 912-863-3973. He has been building engines of all types and for all types of racing venues for 45 years.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Lots of great heads out there. I would never claim to be the best, but we do everything we can to always ensure that we compete with the fastest and that our price is competitive. Our heads are on the fastest Heads/Cam Challenger and SRT8 Jeep. They are also used on the 2nd fastest LX in the country.

Our fastest customers.

1. Hemi-C ([email protected])
2. 1fst4dr ([email protected])
3. Mr Norms GSS ([email protected])
4. Legmaker ([email protected])
5 InferAl ([email protected]) All Motor, 392 shortblock (Record holder)
6. erosenthal ([email protected]) All Motor, 392 shortblock
7. TVrob ([email protected]) All Motor, stock block (Record holder)
8. Mondo ([email protected]) All Motor, stock block (Record holder)

We have many more builds that should be in the 9 second and low 10 second range this year.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Why go with Stages? Just go with a complete ported and polished set of heads for the same price. PM me for details if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
While we are tossing around cylinder head companies, here is a break down of our heads:

We use Livernois Motorsports to create our heads and they come in 2 different configurations.

Our DCX Depot "Hotstreet Heads" and "Outlaw Heads"

Hotstreet
include new Mopar Valves, retainers, guides and Upgraded HD springs. Fully CNC'd on 5 axis and flow tested.
Cost is $1696

Outlaw includes titanium retainers, bronze guides, stainless steel valves, upgraded HD springs and fully CNC'd on 5 axis.
Cost is $2427

Shoot me a message if you have questions.

Thanks,

Tim C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts