Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what we have been able to get to on 1/4 mile times with the Maggie powered cars this year? There have been quite a few put on this year and Lot's of guys heading to the track making passes.
I'm going to have to wait till spring to run mine and I'm hoping for low 12's just have to wait and see I guess.
Near as I can tell HemiSam has the fastest time to date, but I might have missed some. I don't care if it was six speed or auto really, just bored and curious what the fastest time to date is for the MagnaCharger?

·
Banned
664 Posts
Unless HemiSam has made a pass I have not seen BKirk has it with an 11.79.If you do not care what transmission they are running.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look's Like BKirk has made the fastest pass so far. I would be happy as hell with a pass of under 12.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow, I'm finally first at something and didn't get arrested for it.
I'm actually surprised that time held so far, especially after the ATCO event.
I'm sure someone in the warmer states will get a run in soon to better that time.
Here in PA. I'm looking at 6" of snow.
Will be a long time before I get back to a track.
Have a few more tricks to try out.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck yea Brad nice run!! It's going to be a long winter for those of us in the north for sure. Maybe we can leach info from the southern boys and not have to learn the hard way lol.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any idea if he was full weight? Or did he loose a little? That a good run for sure.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ That's nuts haha. What kind of boost and tune is he running? Pump gas?

It seems those 300s can be pretty fast with a blower. I saw TheMush run 11.6 at 118 with a Vortech'd SRT 300. He had the short DRs on the back. I think that helps the gear a lot.

·
Banned
804 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ That's nuts haha. What kind of boost and tune is he running? Pump gas?

It seems those 300s can be pretty fast with a blower. I saw TheMush run 11.6 at 118 with a Vortech'd SRT 300. He had the short DRs on the back. I think that helps the gear a lot.
10psi and not sure if he was on 93 or 100 octane.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not only was he full weight but he had 500lbs of extra stereo crap in the trunk.
That's funny, guess It's better than a 500lb girlfriend riding shotgun though.
OK here is another question I've been wondering about. I have a set of nto5 tires coming. My question is will they be sufficient for a decent launch or should I be looking at getting something else?
I don't have a problem going out and getting a couple 18" wheels for it. If i do that what would be good tire nto5r? Or full on drag tire? I would like to see my 60' around 1.6-1.8 if at all possible.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
OK here is another question I've been wondering about. I have a set of nto5 tires coming. My question is will they be sufficient for a decent launch or should I be looking at getting something else?
I don't have a problem going out and getting a couple 18" wheels for it. If i do that what would be good tire nto5r? Or full on drag tire? I would like to see my 60' around 1.6-1.8 if at all possible.
Join our discussion here Boatman: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/wheel-questions-1-4-mile-48525/

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you're getting a set of dedicated drag rims, then go with a drag radial like a Mickey Thompson or M&H. Several of us have gone that route on 17" rims...

·
Banned
804 Posts
Best combos for launching right now is a 17" rim and your choice of M&H,MT or Hoosier tire. The Nittos don't work so good with the IRS.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks be right there, don't lock the door.
If you're getting a set of dedicated drag rims, then go with a drag radial like a Mickey Thompson or M&H. Several of us have gone that route on 17" rims...
Best combos for launching right now is a 17" rim and your choice of M&H,MT or Hoosier tire. The Nittos don't work so good with the IRS.
17" will fit over the brakes?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Capt Steves [email protected] stock 6.1 auto challenger srt tuned by Brent at DTP
he's whipen all your as$

1 - 20 of 328 Posts