Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just turned 5000mi today on my '15 R/T 8A that I bought last August. It's been perfect and fun to drive.
I'm not really too worried about the drivetrain not lasting a long time with proper care- it's everything else in the car like all the electronics not causing expensive problems down the road. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
2011 Toxic Orange R/T has 55,000 and change on it.
To date,it has had 1 battery(died at just over 4yrs),it's on it's second set of no factory tires(BFG G-force2's,can't say enough good things about them),and I just did brakes and rotors on all 4 corners,as the rears were worn out,and I could have run the fronts longer,but went with a Stop-tech drilled slotted brake rotror package,and called it a day.

Thus far,a rock solid geat car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Do scat packs count? If so, my SPS has almost 1600 miles (I've only had it two months, relax) and no issues other than I really wish I had a short shifter rather than the stock 6spd shifter!

·
Registered
144 Posts
13 R/T Classic with 7400 miles, not a daily driver. Had an engine sensor go out at 6800 miles and dead battery at 7300 miles, both fixed under warrenty. No major issues. Great car!

·
Registered
675 Posts
65,000 miles on my '09 6-speed R/T…47,000 of which have been ProCharged. Car is "exercised" (not beat) daily. Remarkably, it seems like the engine is getting stronger…!
My R/T was the first Stone White 6-speed delivered in Florida.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
32000 on my 2010 Classic. decided to add a supercharger to it, should be going on in a few weeks. No issues other than general maintenance. Original tires didn't last as long as I thought they should, other than that no problems.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have 2010 RT 6 speed deep water blue with 232,000 miles and still runs great. I replaced water pump at 70,000 miles and front counter shaft bearing and clutch at 190,000 miles. Only issue is it burns one quart of oil every 2000 to 2500 miles.

What Octane did you usually run, and what motor oil used? Thanks, and WOW!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just turned 191K on a 2010 R/T that is my DD. No major issues and the engine doesn't burn any oil. :thumbsup:

Excellent!!! Same question, octane and type of oil used?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2010 R/T 6 spd with 49,000 miles. Purchased in December of last year. It was originally purchased and serviced at the dealer I got it from, and I requested the service records. Oil changes, tire x, 16 point checks, etc. All original and no warrantee repairs.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Running strong

58500 miles and running strong. 2011 RT Plus. Only issues with car have been faulty master brake booster at 47000 (warranty), multiple door bad window sensors (warranty work). Great running engine! I have a 7 yr/70000 warranty thru AAFES Overseas Car Sales, so still covered for a few more miles. Regular oil changes and proper daily maintenance is my routine. I treat this car as my daily driver, but also as its the last car I will ever buy. Waited forty years to have the car I wanted, now just drive it every chance I can. Going to change the main serpentine belt this month, before I hit 60000. Changed the plugs at 50000, just for good maintenance. Run a Moroso oil seperator since new, so PVC system and intake are not ingesting too much oil vapor.

RT2011

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have 2010 RT 6 speed deep water blue with 232,000 miles and still runs great. I replaced water pump at 70,000 miles and front counter shaft bearing and clutch at 190,000 miles. Only issue is it burns one quart of oil every 2000 to 2500 miles.
You're my new personal hero.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My '13 with 34k had bad water pump bearings and got so bad by 40k that it was replaced under warranty. Run 93 octane and Pennzoil 5/20 synthetic. (Chal. RT)

·
Registered
121 Posts
2010 R/T with 82,000

I bought this car in Dec of 2014 with 55,000 from a guy in Jacksonville. He took great care of her and I try to do the same.

No real issues. I made my dealer replace the cam, lifters and oil pump under warranty because she ticked.

She still ticks, lol, and I made such a stink about it they gave me 4 years unlimited mileage engine warranty.

But after lots of research, I don't believe it's an issue, but I got all those new parts, so I'm not complaining!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
My 2009 R/T is just 100 or so miles shy of 160,000. It's put through its paces daily and has been extremely reliable. The only issue it has had was a water pump failure around 75k. Other than that, it has been a great car. Especially considering how often it's tracked. Low 12s on drag radials and mid 12s on street tires isn't too bad for basic bolt ons.

21 - 40 of 180 Posts