Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Approximately 51k on the odo. I've had the car since 0 mile. Only drive it during the Spring and Summer Months along with my Yamaha FJ-09. Fall and Winter I drive the BMW...

·
Registered
62 Posts
2016, 36K miles. Running 4-snow tires. Driving it 12 months a year!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
What do you mean was changed? Timing chain? Or the serpentine belt that drives the accessories?
He had to have meant the timing chain. The autos (manuals apparently did not have an issue) had a recall for the timing chain and guide, but it was the plastic guide w/ MDS operation that was the problem. New guide is metal. Funny thing is I see no JGC or Rams mentioned in the recall...they used the same engines?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
193 Posts
That's the key. Drive them every day and they will last.
My challenger is my daily driver, and it has been awesome! 2015 RT/A8 and approaching 95,000 miles! No complaints whatsoever car feels strong and runs like the day I picked it up from the dealer! Key is keeping up with the normal maintenance and any preventative items. For example I changed out the spark plugs before 90,000 miles even though the manual suggest at 100k.

Drive and enjoy your cars! In my opinion this helps keep the internals working regularly and operating as they should.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
My challenger is my daily driver, and it has been awesome! 2015 RT/A8 and approaching 95,000 miles! No complaints whatsoever car feels strong and runs like the day I picked it up from the dealer! Key is keeping up with the normal maintenance and any preventative items. For example I changed out the spark plugs before 90,000 miles even though the manual suggest at 100k.

Drive and enjoy your cars! In my opinion this helps keep the internals working regularly and operating as they should.
Can I ask... Did you have the transmission fluid changed in the A8, or are you believing the manual that it will last forever? What the manual says just doesn't sit well with me, as I always change the transmission fluid way before 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
193 Posts
Can I ask... Did you have the transmission fluid changed in the A8, or are you believing the manual that it will last forever? What the manual says just doesn't sit well with me, as I always change the transmission fluid way before 100,000 miles.
I have been thinking about changing the transmission oil, but I'm not sure how to proceed. It would be a good think to get clean transmission fluid and a new filter for preventive reasons!

How have you done this? Have you changed the filter as well? Being that theres no dipstick and it seems like a very complicated process to check and add fluid its left me with more questions then answers.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I have been thinking about changing the transmission oil, but I'm not sure how to proceed. It would be a good think to get clean transmission fluid and a new filter for preventive reasons!

How have you done this? Have you changed the filter as well? Being that theres no dipstick and it seems like a very complicated process to check and add fluid its left me with more questions then answers.

Any thoughts?
No. I haven't done the change yet. I'm thinking I'm 2 years away from that. When I do decide to have the transmission fluid changed, I'll bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. I know it won't be cheap, but it will be cheaper than buying a new transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
. . . and here I thought you were wondering about mpg! I once got 27.3 with my 6-speed, mostly freeway and rural two-lane roads. 22.5 is typical though over the 65,000 on my 2012.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts