Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Challenger has been around for 13 years- since 2008. Who has the oldest Challenger and what was your delivery date?

I have a 2009 Hemi-orange 2009 SRT. It was delivered to my house, on Dec. 13, 2008, in an enclosed trailer by Bob Frederick.

Time has really flown but I can honestly say that I enjoy driving it just as much as I did on day one!

Here’s my story.

When I discovered that Dodge was building a Challenger concept car, in 2006 I started reading everything about it, both on-line and in car magazines. I even joined Chargerforums.com to learn about the 6.1 engine. This car was a replacement for my beloved 1971 ‘Cuda that I reluctantly sold for family reasons. Things, however, didn’t work out for a 2008 Challenger. So, after drooling over a 2009 SRT at the Philadelphia Auto Show, I ordered one from Champion Dodge, in Barrington, IL., on May 16. At the time, they were only one offering a modest discount- others were charging MSRP or MSRP plus a “market adjustment.”

I patiently waited several months and eagerly watched the status of my order change from BX to BG to D. However, in late October, Brampton Builder, one of our members, alerted me that my order was cancelled. I couldn’t believe it! Who cancelled it? It had to be a mistake. I quickly called the dealer and heard the following voice message, “We regret to inform you that Champion Dodge has filed for bankruptcy and is no longer in business. If you have a car in our garage, please call the following number to make arrangements to have it removed. Thank you for your past patronage.” Is this a bad dream? This can’t be happening, not after 5 long months!

I also thought that I lost my $500 deposit. Luckily, I had charged it and disputed the payment with VISA. They agreed to credit my account. With this problem solved, I was now back to square one. (P.S. My wife was the only one happy because she was not on board with buying such “an expensive toy”). One of our former members, Notsure, came to my rescue. He advised me that Frederick Dodge had two Hemi Orange SRTs on order. I called Bob Frederick and bought one for MSRP. Since he is a car guy, he actually cancelled one of the orders and re-ordered it so that my name would appear on the window invoice (i.e., “This car was built for…”).

After this was done, Bob had to call in some favors because my car, after being built, was sitting in a holding yard in Detroit, for almost two weeks, awaiting shipment to his dealership in Ohio. What torture! When my car finally arrived, Bob took photos of it being off-loaded onto his lot. After a quick prep, my car was loaded on his enclosed trailer ($600 charge) and delivered to my home, in NJ, on December 13, 2008- 6 days after my birthday and 12 days before Christmas. What a present!

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

Delivery to Frederick Dodge- 1st. Week Dec. 2008

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Delivery to Residence- Dec. 13, 2008

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Philadelphia Car Show- Feb. 2008

·
Registered
105 Posts
2009 RT 6speed, Built 09/18/2008, delivered 12/19/2008 on a trailer to my garage, was snowing at the time, sold a 1969 Olds cutlass s convert, and wanted a manual trans , walked in and bought the car off the show floor, still have it with 30000 miles , enjoyed every mile.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great story ! First time i seen the challenger was in 2010 in Newport Rhode island .I was in my work truck and a Silver SRT8 pulled next to my son and i at a stop light ...Warm morning in the summer window was down and this thing had a cam in that was rocking and rolling ! thought cool nice to see people still like to hot rod .We took a second look at the driver ? Hot dang it was Nicholas Cage ! Had California plates long way from home .Cage has a home in Newport RI ..After spending 30 K on one of my custom bikes and New Cummins Ram PU had to just dream. Well fast forward 10 years I got a leed on a one owner very low mile SRT8 Manual trans with all options .Better than that it was owned by a dealer and sat in the showroom for years kinda felt like a new dealer purchase it was ordered and sent the owner of the dealership were it stayed for 10 years now has 16k miles with original tires lol, Flawless Black Pearl .I had the rims powder coated ,Car has nver been in the rain salt or snow .Heated climate controlled garage ,Really enjoying our sunday drives and the Pistol Grip ! 2009
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Cloud

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I ordered mine Sept. 5, 2008 and took delivery October 17, 2008. My dealer lost their Dodge franchise in early 2010 but still had/has a Kia franchise.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts