Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help please. I have horrible water spots over my entire car and am looking for some info on how to get rid of them. I am scared to buff my car because it is black and I'm afraid I will leave swirle marks because I don't know how to use a buffer. I don't really want to have it detailed because I know there are cheaper options. Any tips on using a buffer or products to remove them by hand will be useful. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have had the same issue ever since my car was new. Buy a Porter Cable and some good swirl remover and use that. I never used one before but you cant mess up. Go to Autogeek .net and watch some of their videos and see how its done. Call and they will set you up with what you need. Also try to buy an inline filter that will take out the calcium from your water suppy when you wash. It's a lot of work, but you will be happy with the results. Take your time and do a small section at a time till you get your confidence up. I was nervous about doing it, but when you price the cost of buying the equiptment vs. a pro doing it you will make the same choice I did. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I gave up fighting water spots, I'd polish them out, wax and the first time it got rained on and I could not remove the water before it dried the spots came back...good luck getting rid of yours.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I am new to the black car too. I am guessing a polish and keep her waxed up and after every wash, dry it and detail spray it.......:scratchhead:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Needing some help please. I have horrible water spots over my entire car and am looking for some info on how to get rid of them. I am scared to buff my car because it is black and I'm afraid I will leave swirle marks because I don't know how to use a buffer. I don't really want to have it detailed because I know there are cheaper options. Any tips on using a buffer or products to remove them by hand will be useful. Thanks everyone.
You won't have water spots if you dry it off completely.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I've had multiple black cars and there is a system to it...

Do not wash it and then attempt to dry it in the Sun you will not win.

I use a good detail spray after drying it off such as Zymol spray glaze or Zymol deep gloss spray with a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
You won't have water spots if you dry it off completely.

I agree!Try to keep it wet while drying,moist towel.I also have a black car,if I get water spots before it dries,I wash it again.If you still have them,use a hand glaze if you don't want to use a buffer,mirror glaze #9 works good.Go in one direction.I wax after the glaze.Also try a real shammy,it stays wet,and kinda erases spots and such.If you havn't used one,wet it first ring out,and keep ringing as you go,they seem like a pain but give good results.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I also have a black Challenger. After you wash the car, get an empty Windex spray bottle, add 50% water and 50% vinegar, spray the affected area and wipe dry with a micro towel ( a micro towel won't leave swirls ). It's a cheap solution that works.
I tried this today.. And it absolutely works ! Thanks !! I did exactly like you said, 50/50. Except I put it in a plant sprayer.. And labled it "Bettys ******". My cars name is Betty :) Thanks again ! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I made the biggest mistake ever last month: A bird crapped all over my RT while I was at work. I was too tired to wash it properly and just hosed it off and put it in the garage. The next day it was full of spots and they would not come off. I used "X2" scratch remover and it cured the problem. Then, I waxed it and it now it looks great. Bottom line: Never hose down your car and park it, ever!

Reactions: Shank

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I didn't even realize it was censored. Didn't realize it was that vulgar. It's a feminine product. Summers Eve is one of them. Lol

Hahaha, that is hilarious. I was spending too much brain power trying to figure out what six letter word was getting censored that would fit the context.

My favorite weird censorship on here is you have to say "mixed alcoholic drink" because ****tail gets censored.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts