Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
+1 for the ZL1 addon hook.

It mounts to the front crash bar which is behind the bumper cover so that should still be the same on your model year.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Steve,

What wheels and size tires are you running? I'm in the research phase of getting some dedicated road course wheels/tires for HPDEs.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Regular canyon cruiser here

No engine mods
Just intake, 392 headers and high flow cats and back.

Go with the right suspension mods and these cars can be serious grip machines

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Regular canyon cruiser here

No engine mods
Just intake, 392 headers and high flow cats and back.

Go with the right suspension mods and these cars can be serious grip machines

Trippy your car looks awesome. Ever since I got into road racing I'm excited about doing some suspension mods. I'm about to add Pettys front/rear sway bars and tower braces. I'm then going to get a set of race wheels/tires once I decide what I want to go with. I was still surprised how well my scat does stock with just Mopar stage 1 performance springs.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Trippy your car looks awesome. Ever since I got into road racing I'm excited about doing some suspension mods. I'm about to add Pettys front/rear sway bars and tower braces. I'm then going to get a set of race wheels/tires once I decide what I want to go with. I was still surprised how well my scat does stock with just Mopar stage 1 performance springs.

Hey thanks!

Make sure you get solid links for those sway bars when you can, it makes a world of difference

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
113 Posts
I autocross my '15 Scat Pack, this year I'm adding:
* front and rear Petty's Strut braces
* eibach front control arms and rear camber bushings
* Petty's rear adjustable sway bar
* hellcat intake mod

Next year I'm going to put a set of adjustable coil overs, staggered wheels and a barton shifter.

But this will be my first year out of f street and into camc.

https://imgur.com/emqhyrY

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I autocross my '15 Scat Pack, this year I'm adding:

* front and rear Petty's Strut braces

* eibach front control arms and rear camber bushings

* Petty's rear adjustable sway bar

* hellcat intake mod

Next year I'm going to put a set of adjustable coil overs, staggered wheels and a barton shifter.

But this will be my first year out of f street and into camc.

https://imgur.com/emqhyrY
Nice. Just a couple things to think about. If you're serious about autocross I would skip the Eibach front arms and save up for a set of AAD arms. I had the SPC on mine for a year, which are essentially the same, and while they're an improvement the bushings are still very compliant and you lose a lot of camber cornering. The AAD arms are night and day on responsiveness and they're easier to set camber with. With the Petty's rear bar be careful what coilovers you go with. If you're looking at a true coilover in the rear where the spring is on the damper the Petty bar will rub. I had one and had to swap it for a Whiteline bar. You'll love the Barton shifter! When you do that if you haven't already I recommend taking out the clutch delay valve orifice. It will feel like a completely different car. And one last thing I would skip the staggered wheels for autocross and go square with as much tire as you can afford to put under it. If you stagger you'll just pick up more of a push. Plus you won't be able to rotate the tires. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great thread for information. I notice some of you mention track near me in NE Tn and that you participate some. My cousin is doing some autocross events in his miata and is trying to talk me into trying it out. Between my work schedule and knowing I need tires because my car has all season pirellis on it. I will probably hold out for a while but will possibly go to the event at the Smokies Stadium 6/2 to watch him run. I might see some of you there

I jokingly challenged him to a drag race and he said as long as I do an autocross also.

I am looking into strut braces and getting some tires. If there is anything else you would recommend let me know.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Great thread for information. I notice some of you mention track near me in NE Tn and that you participate some. My cousin is doing some autocross events in his miata and is trying to talk me into trying it out. Between my work schedule and knowing I need tires because my car has all season pirellis on it. I will probably hold out for a while but will possibly go to the event at the Smokies Stadium 6/2 to watch him run. I might see some of you there

I jokingly challenged him to a drag race and he said as long as I do an autocross also.

I am looking into strut braces and getting some tires. If there is anything else you would recommend let me know.
I'll be at the one on 6/2 if you go. I'll be in the Plum Crazy one. There may also be another guy there in his B5 if he has it finished. Stop by and say hi.

Tires will give you the biggest improvement to start. Depending on if you have a separate set of wheels or how much street driving you do, either the Bridgestone RE71s or BFG Rivals are the best.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Dang, thats impressive!

I realize our cars will probably never be on the level of a 1LE Camaro or a Shelby GT350 (I've driven one, it's sweet) when it comes to cornering, they're just too large and heavy for that. But that's fine, they can get more than close enough for what I need my car for, and I think they're the best looking of the bunch.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think ill hold out on this coming event in SoCal until I have my wilwood 6P’s . Dont want to cook and buy stock brakes just to get by

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive been reading all the autocross posts since I signed up for the SCCA one at TMS later this month. Got my new mushroomhead Snell helmet and surprised I can wear it in the car as I'm 6'1. I can tell for me one of the most difficult things will be memorizing the course as seeing those apex cones is going to be rough. Hopefully there are plenty of black marks on the course to help. I'm only going to run bone stock so not expecting miracles and right now I'm the only driver in the possibly appropriately named BS class! In my former career I had special training at Summit Point numerous times but that was years ago. Anyway, I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts
My initials are BS. Represent! :D

A Guy

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Have my first autoX event this saturday, any last minute tips?
Most important have fun! First goal, complete a run with no dnf and then work on where to improve. Walk the course as much as you can before and with some other more experienced people if possible. Slow into a corner and power out, feather the throttle. And prepare to spend more money once your hooked

Where are you running at?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Most important have fun! First goal, complete a run with no dnf and then work on where to improve. Walk the course as much as you can before and with some other more experienced people if possible. Slow into a corner and power out, feather the throttle. And prepare to spend more money once your hooked

Where are you running at?

Fontana this weekend, Puretrack is hosting. Ill be working the course for some free laps before i go so hopefully that will help!

I know i could easily eat through my rotors in one session but ill try to take it easy. You think ill be unbalancing my car if i throw some nt05’s on the back? Currently running nt 555’s all around (street tire models on both)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Fontana this weekend, Puretrack is hosting. Ill be working the course for some free laps before i go so hopefully that will help!

I know i could easily eat through my rotors in one session but ill try to take it easy. You think ill be unbalancing my car if i throw some nt05’s on the back? Currently running nt 555’s all around (street tire models on both)
Unless your rotors are close to being worn you won't have any problems. I've run a full year, 20 some events, with a set of rotors with no problems.

I'm not familiar with the Nitto tires. But I would try to stay with the same tire all the way around.

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
Unless your rotors are close to being worn you won't have any problems. I've run a full year, 20 some events, with a set of rotors with no problems.

I'm not familiar with the Nitto tires. But I would try to stay with the same tire all the way around.

Nittos are not very good for autox, for the best autox tires Potenzas, Rival s 1.5, however the issue is sizing, very few sizes available, most autox sanctioning body will require 200 threadwear tires, and very good 200 tw tires are not good daily driving tires, wear very quickly

best to be square, ie all 4 corners same size and same tire or at least same brand and model

Luke

41 - 60 of 78 Posts