Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did something so titanically stupid that even I cannot believe I would pull such a bone-headed mistake messing with my car like this. I don't know what all damage I've caused just yet, but I think I will need the assistance of someone who is an expert with the Tazer device and how they can modify a Challenger/Charger.

I don't own a Tazer and have never used one, so just about anyone that's got one will be more of an expert than I am. Nevertheless, who on here has a brain full of Tazer knowledge and not a lot to do today that they might be willing to help me restore my car's ability to operate?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,266 Posts
I'm not an expert but I've learned my way around mine. What happened??

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Tazer can't screw your car up that bad. Did you marry it? If so divorce (unmarry, I hate words that aren't real) it and it will put it back to stock

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,266 Posts
I'm confused by this part .... "I don't own a Tazer and have never used one".

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,687 Posts
I just did something so titanically stupid that even I cannot believe I would pull such a bone-headed mistake messing with my car like this. I don't know what all damage I've caused just yet, but I think I will need the assistance of someone who is an expert with the Tazer device and how they can modify a Challenger/Charger.

I don't own a Tazer and have never used one, so just about anyone that's got one will be more of an expert than I am. Nevertheless, who on here has a brain full of Tazer knowledge and not a lot to do today that they might be willing to help me restore my car's ability to operate?
Since you have a pursuit vehicle making changes to the BCM configuration can really muck things up. There was a guy on the AlfaOBD LX forum that was messing with his configuration and it jacked up some of the pursuit settings (which cannot be reprogrammed with tazer...or alfa). If you are going to mess with the BCM I recommend getting AlfaOBD software and a compatible OBD interface (cheaper than getting a new or used tazer) and taking a log of you current configuration.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, catastrophe averted...everything operates like it should...or should if it were stock. Now I have to figure out how to undo the changes I made without the device to do it with...and redo the changes I want, apparently without that device either...

Man, I picked a helluva day to stop sniffing glue!

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,687 Posts
This is where alfaOBD comes in handy...but without a log of the stock BCM configuration to compare it will be difficult. BTW if you try enabling STP (or may have been sport mode) the ABS light will turn on due to a configuration mismatch.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
892 Posts
Sent you a message. If I can help I will. I have AlphaOBD, an OBDlink MX+ and a Tazer. Depending on where you are, I might be close by.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
This is where alfaOBD comes in handy...but without a log of the stock BCM configuration to compare it will be difficult. BTW if you try enabling STP (or may have been sport mode) the ABS light will turn on due to a configuration mismatch.
I wish I could find a way with Alfa to set functions to the accessory buttons. do line lock, and light shows.
Also wish it was a little like HP Tuners where you could pull a file from the BCM, change it and then reload it.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright I found one lasting effect of my dullardness which will be an issue for sure - the dash/EVIC will not completely turn off its lights.

The dash lights go into a powered down/but still lit up mode after ignition is turned off, and that’s fine. That’s expected. However, as soon as I open the door, they should go completely out.

Mine no longer do that. They just stay in that “waiting to turn off” state no matter what I do or how long I wait.

Worst of all, they are drawing enough power to put my battery at less than 12.0V after 8 hrs of sitting, according to my calculations.

Ugh...why do I do the things I do...

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
892 Posts
You may just need a full system re-boot.

Did you try the old battery cables disconnected and touched together for 10 seconds trick?

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You may just need a full system re-boot.

Did you try the old battery cables disconnected and touched together for 10 seconds trick?
Haven’t tried discharging the capacitor trick yet...I keep trying to enable/disable things I should be able to enable/disable, but nothing changes.

The options change when I change them, and the CAN-IH bus immediately and automatically reboots (or whichever one controls the infotainment messages), but nothing actually changes when I go back in or drive the car.

This is definitely new, and unliked, behavior.

And yes, I’ve tried the commanded Full Reboot through the Tazer menu options, that does nothing extra beyond rebooting the CAN-IH

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I GOT IT
I GOT IT
Hold on, I need to back this mutha up...NO ONE DO ANYTHING, NOT EVEN A BREATHE!! I don’t want this thing to go nuts again until I get it backed up!

Although I am missing the TPMS stuff and it’s PSIs, DRL stuff (other than enable and drop out), reboot, and unmarry, but I can live without those. I just want the shift configs, SRT pages, and light shows back and I’m fine with that...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger Scat Pack Blacktop Package 6MT
17 Posts
I thought for a second that I was click baited.. Buddy, were ALL TaZer Experts to a certain extent. However, Input from someone who actually attributed the code would help a-lot more. I've contacted ZAutomotive via email and they replied within 12 hours and had exact knowledge for any mistakes and questions I had made with my TaZer.

Not a doubt you cannot go wrong with working with the actual people who know the menus off the top of their head and in their order. They are super friendly, super assistive and are never afraid to throw answer at ya... Best advice I could personally give, They'll help with anything! You can contact zAuto at "[email protected]" and I know a guy named "Ian" who knows his $H!T ! Hopefully that does the trick for you.

Cheers and Stay Safe!

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought for a second that I was click baited.. Buddy, were ALL TaZer Experts to a certain extent. However, Input from someone who actually attributed the code would help a-lot more. I've contacted ZAutomotive via email and they replied within 12 hours and had exact knowledge for any mistakes and questions I had made with my TaZer.

Not a doubt you cannot go wrong with working with the actual people who know the menus off the top of their head and in their order. They are super friendly, super assistive and are never afraid to throw answer at ya... Best advice I could personally give, They'll help with anything! You can contact zAuto at "[email protected]" and I know a guy named "Ian" who knows his $H!T ! Hopefully that does the trick for you.

Cheers and Stay Safe!
I sent an email to their support email addy saying I messed up a firmware install and asked if they could point me to the original (or any non-2.2.0) TranZformer Gen2 firmware, but I have received no response.

That is odd since I’ve communicated in the past with the folks who monitor that email.

Having said that, my deconstruction of what I had, what I got post-upgrade, and what I’m left with now leads me to believe the Gen2 TranZformers are shipped with a version of the firmware (v2.1.8?) which is a hybrid of sorts - TranZformer functionality plus most of the Tazer options - and not actually what they want the devices to have.

The upgraded firmware, and the only one available on the site BTW, is the original one they ship with minus the Tazer options. So in reality, the one I have been able to rewrite on my device is the one I should have had all along.

Nevertheless, at one point I did have the hybrid version that included some Tazer stuff and liked the gel out of it. So if anyone out there has a Gen2 TranZformer, HMU!! I’d like to talk about getting a copy of your device’s firmware for my own... 😇

·
Registered
6,283 Posts

Cheers and Stay Safe!
ask them when the new Tazer firmware is coming, please....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts