Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 621 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many are even aware that the 2011 computer seems to be hack free at this time as Diablo has not cracked the code?

Have you delayed or just not purchased because of it?

I was warned before I bought mine that this could be a problem, but I really thought they would crack it by now.

It seems that Diablo may never get this thing figured out without help from Chrysler, which may never happen.

Do you think this will hurt Chrysler in the long run?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to admit that I had started researching/thinking about trading in my R/T for a 392, and have stopped primarily because of this issue.

If the issue is resolved I may start considering it again, but until then I like the control I have.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
For every owner that would consider a programmer there are probably tens that do not. This isn't going to hurt Chrysler/Dodge.

·
Banned
407 Posts
it did not impact my decision to purchase, however, i did think it'd be done by now. yes, i do wish chrysler would show some support to the aftermarket crowd, but i still think the code will eventually end up hacked with or without their help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honestly it isn't going to stop me, but I might wait an extra year to see if Dodge produces a factory supercharged version.

As far as cracking the code - I dunno about this. It depends on how this is encrypted/obfuscated. I'm a software engineer, and it's very easy to make something essentially unbreakable with PGP, for example.

Does anyone have any details they could share about the encryption process? Or indeed what the nature of the software "tune" is?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
How come diablo doesn't chime in and keep us informed on this? Aren't they a sponsor here in these forum?

Also if dodge puts out a SC that I can put on mine and give a warranty with it that I can have serviced at my local dealer. I would feel better than having an aftermarket shop install it. Maybe isn't a problem if you live in the city with many mopar performance shops , but in the country where you just have bubbas garage who may or may not do it right.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Heres my 2 cents worth.

Just like my 2000 Dodge Ram Cummins. Its a perfect hauling truck, gets the job done just like they designed it. I was never inclined to boost the power or piss money away on mods. Has more than enough, plus I want to make sure it runs strong for 300,000+ miles.

Once Dodge comes up with the B5 blue color again or similar blues and adds additional interior color choices beyond black on black :-( I hope to order one.

So this mod issue is of no concern to me! Since I will enjoy it as ordered.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Once Dodge comes up with the B5 blue color again or similar blues and adds additional interior color choices beyond black on black :-( I hope to order one.

So this mod issue is of no concern to me! Since I will enjoy it as ordered.
Wait. I don't remember writing this.

Dude! Get out of my head!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Whether Diablo or any other company can break a programming code is of no interest to me, since I would never purchase it anyhow.

That said, anything that may make my 2010 more attractive for future sale makes me happy.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I won't buy anything else Dodge because of their lack of enthusiast support.

I am shopping Mustangs currently because of their support of the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I will never buy another Dodge again. Giles can Kiss my arse with his new cars. How dare them lock us out.
We will break the code sooner or later. They can't stop us.
If we don't break it then someone will design a whole new PCM and tear the piece of crap Dodge one out.
Or their will be a whole lot more camaros and mustangs going fast.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just curious how many are even aware that the 2011 computer seems to be hack free at this time as Diablo has not cracked the code?

Have you delayed or just not purchased because of it?

I was warned before I bought mine that this could be a problem, but I really thought they would crack it by now.

It seems that Diablo may never get this thing figured out without help from Chrysler, which may never happen.

Do you think this will hurt Chrysler in the long run?
...I spoke with Diablo about a week ago. They said they are getting close, should be about 2 months to market. It will not stop me from pulling The trigger on a 2012 392 this fall.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nothing is hackproof. it will happen eventually. If not though I don't think this will be the death blow for HEMI engine purchases

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
i was waiting for the 392 to come out in a charger for my wifes retirement, i will wait on that till diablo cracks.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
We are in almost daily communication with Diablo about this, so will keep you posted. They are just a few minutes south of us and used my 09 R/T to develop those tunes, so when they are ready, my 11 392 will be available as well. It'll happen, just be patient (and grateful) they are some great people at Diablo hard at work on this for us!! :)

1 - 20 of 621 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.