Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
...and did YOU know that by holding "ALT" and typing "167" you can make the little "degrees" sign?

As in "Jet 180º thermostat"

:browsmiley: :thumbsup:
Great tip! Ive always used alt 248 so my 180° t stat is on order as we speak! Im not sure if it comes with a small hole in it, but ive always just drilled a 1/8th hole in the t stat outer rim to get rid of air pockets.
Just fill and go.
Take it easy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Some t-stats do have the nice weep hole with a floating bobber to seal it up, but most ive seen are just standard t-stats with out the bobber.

Since nobody here mentioned it, i would like to just clarify that if you have a standard thermostat and do not want to worry about BURPING the coolant system of air, then drill a 1/8th hole in the outer rim to eliminate an air packet.
Believe me i have quite a few cars and have done this with million dollars worth of equipment, plus my fleet of vehicles.
So if your t-stat does not self bleed, just put a hole in it.

Just trying to be friendly, seems to be a whole lot of different ways to do it, but this is how i do it and never had a issue bar none.

Take it easy
BW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.