Votes: 16 15.2%
  • What's a nose badge???

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although i didn't like the actual content of the badge (Rams head), I kind of miss it now! I think the nose is a little plain now.

I held off buying a 10 SRT, because of the MDS offered on the 11's, but then they got rid of the ultra-cool carbon-fibre stripes on the hood. I'm not big on the Shelby stripes, so if I purchase an 11 SRT, and put the CF stripes on, it won't work because of the cutout for the nose badge! Pricing out an 11 SRT stripe delete...

Do you 'miss' it at all?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I changed my badge with a Billet Tech Fratzog and I love it.

As far as the new Mustang stripes...I don't like them at all.

I changed my carbon fiber stripe for a flat black stripe from Rider Graphix (ridergraphix.com). I'm postive they will modify their stripe to work with the badgeless 2011 Challengers.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well you have a problem with the Ram head badge since Ram is now it's own brand for trucks and SUV's.

Not sure what other emblem I'd like there other than Ram.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I got rid of my 09 R/T and bought a 11 R/T yesterday. I miss that thing like I would miss having skin cancer. i also " miss " the goat steering and wheel center caps too.

As for the stripes order it stripe delete and then get one of the aftermarket suppliers to make you whatever kind of stripes you want.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
never felt the Ram head badges worked with the challenger so no big deal that they dumped em

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it never should have been there

it should say D O D G E just like the 1970

a Ram is very Gay on a Challenger....a sheep w/ horns..ohhhh scary

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree the Ram's head should never have been there. In its place I would have liked the new Dodge logo, with the 2 red stripes. Love the hood-to-fender stripe, would have matched nice.

Don't miss the Ram on the wheel either. I actually prefer the new wheel much more. What a Ram had to with the Challenger doesn't really make sense, but it made/makes sense for the trucks for sure.

A Chrysler Pentastar could have worked too....

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah so happy the 11 dropped it. I always hated it and glad it's gone. Wasn't on the original has no place on the hood now. I have the D O D G E letter coming and think it will look way better than a goat.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I think it needs something. Dodge letters would be great, but the new Dodge emblem on the steering wheel would be fine up there as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree the Ram's head should never have been there. In its place I would have liked the new Dodge logo, with the 2 red stripes.
I agree with you!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I always hated the goat head on the front of the challenger . Glad it was done away with . This really cleaned up the front of the car . I also was not a fan of the front valance opening before . Made me think the car was always smiling . Flipping the opening upside down improved the looks . To me a muscle car should look sinister . I feel the subtle changes dodge made achieve that your.

·
Registered
220 Posts
it never should have been there

it should say D O D G E just like the 1970

a Ram is very Gay on a Challenger....a sheep w/ horns..ohhhh scary
Amen, that's what I thought too so that's what I did. Why Dodge did not do this from the start is beyond me. I think it just looks right.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like that the ram logos are gone. I plan to remove 'em all from my 2010, and put something custom in their place. (Scared of the steering wheel replacement though!)

Don't like the new steering wheel... but I love the new nose that has no badge. Looks clean.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
I'm with everyone else....didn't like the goathead and glad its gone....BUT I do like the nose badge after market emblems....just another way to personalize our cars.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Didn't really think too much of it until I saw what the aftermarket offers as replacements. Wow - when I swapped my Ram's head for a BT badge - huge improvement IMO.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I love my stripes...It's every thing I wanted from the Mustang line. I don't have a badge and kinda wanted one but I can't miss something I never had. I would have put my own emblem on any way. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Some of you need to learn the history behind the ram head logo. It dates all the way back to 1932, and was not exclusive to Dodge trucks.

Dodge logos and hood ornaments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I guess I am the only one who likes it. Reminds me of the original Red Ram Hemi Dodges of the 1950's with the charging ram hood ornaments.

Skin cancer? Really?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I changed out my Ram's head badge to make it more personalized. I like the look now from the front of my R/T.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts