Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this video on YouTube by RDP claiming the worlds fastest 6 speed challenger and it ran a 12.71 in the 1/4 mile with drag radials. There is no way this is the worlds fastest challenger 6 speed. I ran mine at a 12.88, with bald street tires and taking off from the tree like a granny trying not to spin. So I want to know, who has the fastest 5.7L or 6.1L (NO 392'S, 426'S OR 440'S) 6 speed challengers. Blowers/turbos, and all mods, do not matter as long as it is not a stroker (392, 426, or 440).

Here is the video if you care to laugh as I did, because I know for a fact someone on here has a faster 6 speed car.
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
New track records are being set every day. Jeff just ran a low 12 sec pass in texas on street tires so with DR he'll be in the 11s. As for the fastest, take a look at fastest 6-speed thread for the top dog:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Well the car in the video you posted (Jeff) has now gone 12.3 on street tires (I wanna say it was a 2.1 60'). But from all the 6speed guys I have seen post up slips, I wanna same TA340 and HemiSam have the quickest 6 speed times. Both in the 11s

·
Registered
112 Posts
Too fart that scoreboard needs to be updated.

Scott,

I ran a 12.14 with my stick car this weekend and I should be able to get it into the 11's here pretty soon. I am running a stock block twin turbo car with 11#s of boost. WIth 20" ties and drag radials.

I alo spoke to you a few timeso n youtube..I think my logon was hayeteam or something like that.

Oh yeah and there was a thread poasted yesterday with my car running a 12.30 just FYI

Sincerely,

Gary.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Scott,

I ran a 12.14 with my stick car this weekend and I should be able to get it into the 11's here pretty soon. I am running a stock block twin turbo car with 11#s of boost. WIth 20" ties and drag radials.

I alo spoke to you a few timeso n youtube..I think my logon was hayeteam or something like that.

Oh yeah and there was a thread poasted yesterday with my car running a 12.30 just FYI

Sincerely,

Gary.
I'm going to get into the 11's this year too!!! Yes, I recognize your YouTube name, right on, glad to see some of you on here!!! I haven't heard of anyone breaking those new 1400hp halfshafts by DSS, so hopefully I don't either. 1 Year warranty though right....so who cares lol!!
Scott

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Scott,

Sincerely,

Gary.

Any tips to help get me there?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sure.....biggest thing I have found to launching these whale is to get the Rpms up.......I am launching between 4500 and 5000 Rpms. I am running nit to nt05rs and they don't require a lot of hea like the nt555r's did. So if our running ithe new nittos turn your line lck n get them spinning and as soon as you see smoke roll our of the bur nut if it's colder than 40degrees get a different set of DR's cause any more heat than that in the nt05's and the get greasy....and break traction too easy. If your running the nit to 555's heat the up until they squeal and you can feel them trying to hook usually abou 6 secounds or so.

They secret on the stick is slipping the clutch.....you have to practice slipping the clutch..and you should be all they way out of the clutch within the first 3to5 feet...or approximately a half of a second.

There is a very fine line between slipping the clutch and dumping it and they fine lune keeps you from breaking parts. You will find they when you bring the Rpms up and you slip just right the car with throw itself out of the hole and you will be pinned to the seat as your are grabbing for second

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dss hakfshafts are in the way as well. I have a thread on the lx forums under the dss sponsored tab and frank from dss has ut some very useful advice in that thread as well.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dss hakfshafts are in the way as well. I have a thread on the lx forums under the dss sponsored tab and frank from dss has ut some very useful advice in that thread as well.
Did you order the new 1400hp solid halfshafts that they claim are for racing?
Only thing needed is to swap the abs thing over from the stock shafts. Are people still breaking these things? HHP says no, but what do you guys think? I think a 632rwhp car should absolutely NOT be able to break a part rated for 1400hp, wouldn't you agree?
Scott

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I saw this video on YouTube by RDP claiming the worlds fastest 6 speed challenger and it ran a 12.71 in the 1/4 mile with drag radials. There is no way this is the worlds fastest challenger 6 speed. I ran mine at a 12.88, with bald street tires and taking off from the tree like a granny trying not to spin. So I want to know, who has the fastest 5.7L or 6.1L (NO 392'S, 426'S OR 440'S) 6 speed challengers. Blowers/turbos, and all mods, do not matter as long as it is not a stroker (392, 426, or 440).

Here is the video if you care to laugh as I did, because I know for a fact someone on here has a faster 6 speed car.
Scott
YouTube - Worlds Fastest 6 Speed Challenger of Jeff Jazbec's Built by RDP Motorsport

I have a tip for you, read more post less newbie.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those are the ones I have aiming and I have spoken to frank now on three occasions and I am very confident in hisnproduct. I can say this if they can be broke I will defiantly break them. I should have them this week and have some passesmon them by the weekend so I will keep you posted. When can get to my computer I will post a link to the thread on the lx forums....frank takes the time to explain load factors in that thread which will give everyone a better understanding on why a 636 rwh car can break a 1400 hp axle.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow goehner, not sure where that was coming from but I have to say that's pretty rude.

Not sure if your are referring to me or mulisha but in any case your post sure is nt warranted. For the record I originally registered on this forum on 11/29/2009 with the same name, when I went to log in a few days ago it didn't recognize my account info so I went ahead and re-registered with the same name. So while my post count is down I can assure you I am no newbie......if you take the time to peruse the archives you shuldhave now problems finding a fe of my posts. I can also say that I was no where near 6k posts, some of us send our time at the track and driving just FYI.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Wow goehner, not sure where that was coming from but I have to say that's pretty rude.

Not sure if your are referring to me or mulisha but in any case your post sure is nt warranted. For the record I originally registered on this forum on 11/29/2009 with the same name, when I went to log in a few days ago it didn't recognize my account info so I went ahead and re-registered with the same name. So while my post count is down I can assure you I am no newbie......if you take the time to peruse the archives you shuldhave now problems finding a fe of my posts. I can also say that I was no where near 6k posts, some of us send our time at the track and driving just FYI.
Since I quoted mulisha, you can guess it is him I am talking to.

Post count means nothing. Just because I have been here a while means nothing.

He was "laughing" at a forum member and obviously has not been on here long enough to know the history of this member.

My post stands. Read more, post less.

Btw, please proofread your posts, I can barely understand what you are trying to type.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts

He came in said "if you care to laugh as I did" THAT WAS RUDE. Jeff is very respected here. Like LL said records are made daily. Your doing good with your car. That post just pissed me off.:disgust:
Jeff was down in Houston representing us and this is going down.:icon_evil:
We don't laugh at guys we help em out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Never thought of it that way but very well put boatman. Goehner I understand what you are getting at but I still think there was a different way of getting your point across. I don;t see how being equally rude, and without explanation makes sense, as it has the potnetial too turn off other readers, registered members, sponsors and the like. Furthermore I fail to see how that helps members, rather it be on the track road or on the forums.

I understand that Jeff is very well respected and now that boatman pointed that out I do remember reading his posts back in the day on the forum...but I hoenstly did not remember that when I saw mulisha's post. He also came across the video on youtube, not the forums so I doubt that he is even aware that Jeff was a member or the hisstory of that build. I know I did't remeber until I read boatmans post.

Oh and Goehner, I appreciate the english lesson but some of us respond from mobile devices and choose not to take the time to correct every single thing, but hey when I need a proofreader in the future i'll definately look you up. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mulisha as promised here is the link to the discussion with DSS. I asked Frank what would happen if I dropped the clutch at 5k rpms.

Thank you - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

I have also spoken to him on the phone and he has a ton of infomation that I found to be very informative and helpfull to me in getting the car to launch. I also race with a few guys who drive stick cars and they have been quite helpful as well.

In the end it all comes down to seat time.....I have over a 100 passes on my car and in the last 2 weeks with turbos I put down roughly 24 passes. 18 of those were on the 11# boost setting.

Once I get the launch down and pull a few 60's better than 1.8 I plan on posting a thread on what I am doing, so us stick guys can ease some frustration on getting these cars to launch.

·
Banned
241 Posts

Here's my 2 cents.....this forum has a click of 8-10 guys that think their **** does not stink. Some of these guys are very intelligent but lack skills in how to share information. This group assumes everyone else is an idiot. They like to brag about their car related accomplishments and yes, degrade or dispute other challenger owner's accomplishments. The click does not own or rule this forum and there are plenty of us that think they need a life outside the forum. Some sit and post just to post because they have nothing better to do. I've tried to give my input on things and rarely do I get a response. Some advice to you is to use this forum to get car related information but make sure to research any persons recommendation. FTW....My car will be a 9-10 second car with a value of close to 100K. I will race any one of the "click" to decide who has the faster car. If I won, they would discount my victory. If I lose I will shake their hand and tell them "Good Race". Let's face it....if any of them were a Pro, they would be racing professional and not posting 6,000 times on this website. By the way.....Jeff in the video does not have the fastest car and is not even close to being a superior driver. He is no different than the rest of us. He did just recently enter into a forum war driving competition against a Camaro. Props to Jeff for driving some 800-1000 miles to enter the event. Props to his car builder in accompanying Jeff. Props to those other forum members that went for support of Jeff. Yes, some of those persons do belong to the CT Forum Click. I equally read all the posts on the event as they were being posted this past weekend. The bottom line is Jeff's car did not hold up and for that he lost the competition. I'm sure the builder of the car is embarassed as he should be. Both the builder and driver learned a lesson and made some mistakes. Maybe next time the outcome will be different. What I did not care for was all the posts from the click stating the would haves and should haves. Time to grow up guys. Now....I will be attacked from member's of the click telling me I know nothing about cars and racing. What these guy's do not know is that I will also receive PM's from MORE people supporting my comments. I do not care one way or the other but I'm tired of the click thinking their **** does not stink!!! And for those that want to race.....I'm your Huckleberry so head North and bring it.

·
Banned
804 Posts
So I want to know, who has the fastest 5.7L or 6.1L (NO 392'S, 426'S OR 440'S) 6 speed challengers. Blowers/turbos, and all mods, do not matter as long as it is not a stroker (392, 426, or 440).
Scott
Your kidding right? Whats the difference if it has a blower or a stroker? You think a blown 6.1 on 15psi will make less power than a stroker? Less torque?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.