Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in upping the boost a bit on my Vortech. Who's run the stock 6.1 motor with 9-10 psi... who did your tune... and how happy is your setup now?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i did and blew 5 pistons to pieces at 10psi

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I think 6-8psi on 93 octane is fine all day so long the timing is about 8-9 degrees. Anymore those Mexican pistons will pop ask me how I know..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and here's the kicker: anyone done it on 91 gas?

**cue crickets chirping**

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
91? why? :scratchhead:

Although I do not know for sure, that, sounds like a receipt for disaster
Frickin' California, that's why. :( While higher octane gas can be found, it's quite rare and always inconvenient. This is a semi-daily driver.

Cool, I'll hit up my boy Nando. Thanks for the info re: ST.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Hell, with the SpeedFactory sig, I figured you for a southern boy. I really didn't think anyone in SoCal thought anyone down this way knew anything about cars!!!!! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I run 9psi on my KB with KB tune and 93

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know its a 5.7, but I am going to have Adam at ST bump mine up to 10lbs. We were talking about having to add Torrco to make any more power over 8lbs. He would have to pull out timing at 10lbs and without Torrco he said it may make less power or the same at 10lbs.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know its a 5.7, but I am going to have Adam at ST bump mine up to 10lbs. We were talking about having to add Torrco to make any more power over 8lbs. He would have to pull out timing at 10lbs and without Torrco he said it may make less power or the same at 10lbs.
Instead of relying on Torco, maybe you should consider methanol injection... see what Adam thinks. It's a great way to add some fuel and cool the intake air charge, technically it'll bump up your final octane # too. Kits are typically boost-actuated, and as long as the tuner is skilled they are a great addition to an FI car. I run an Alkycontrol methanol kit on my turbo Trans Am; works great.

And I'm thinking of adding MeOH to my Challenger if increasing the boost poses a significant risk on 91 octane. Dunno yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Instead of relying on Torco, maybe you should consider methanol injection... see what Adam thinks. It's a great way to add some fuel and cool the intake air charge, technically it'll bump up your final octane # too. Kits are typically boost-actuated, and as long as the tuner is skilled they are a great addition to an FI car. I run an Alkycontrol methanol kit on my turbo Trans Am; works great.

And I'm thinking of adding MeOH to my Challenger if increasing the boost poses a significant risk on 91 octane. Dunno yet.
Adam tuned a 5.0 I had with meth before. I'll give it some thought. Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts