Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rarely made timely buys or sales during my life (stocks, gold, etc...) but for once I can pat myself on the back for a well timed buy. When we hear about all the delayed orders and higher prices today, it's nice to have timed something properly for once.

I was going to order my 2020 R/T with all the right boxes checked for what I wanted. No settling. I was rather specific, right down to color, stripes, packages, etc.. I was referred to a dealership less than 200 miles away that had my car already built. The only thing different was red brake calipers for an extra $595. When I learned that the dealer was offering a $3,000+ discount and the $3,000+ factory rebate I bought the car as quickly as possible. The red calipers ended up being a nice bonus.

Font Document Paper Parallel Paper product

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I wasn't really looking to replace my 16 Scat Pack, but was scrolling thru the Dodge website and found this car. Just for kicks I clicked on the link to view it on the dealers website, and look what popped up. The car was In Transit too. Dealer said no one else had called about it, so I made the the 45 minute drive over there and put down a deposit. They came within $1k of what I wanted for a trade in for my 16 SP, so I was happy. This was in Sept 2019.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
18,031 Posts
with my '16

I was able to get the promo financing - so my 3 year loan only cost $400 in interest

and the Max Care Unlimited LT warranty was still available for Scat Packs

and '16 was the final year for the leather Shaker interior (which I didn't know at the time)

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,691 Posts
Good timing, and some good luck.

Spotted my first Challenger, a '10 R/TC in Detonator Yellow on a late Friday afternoon.

Went in the next day, and FCA had just announced a 5k rebate. No brainer taking that gem home.

Fast forward 4 1/2 years later, and ordered my '16 SP the day order banks opened.

Only a $500 rebate going on, but like @Hal H , the Chrysler Lifetime Max Care was still available on the 392's, and jumped on it too.

Fast forward to today, and I'm still happy as ever with my B5 SP.

My "lifetime" ride, unless it gets totalled too, or I crap out. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Timing and luck.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
1,070 Posts
I got my 2018 RT Plus pre owned in Nov 2019 on Thanksgiving weekend. Those were the months that this virus named Covid was making the rounds but we didnt know what it was till around Jan or Feb. I got imo a very good deal of $23,600. Right away the KBB said it was worth over $27K and now used cars are sky high so its worth even more (32K last i checked) so id say i had good timing.

Even if its worth 7-10K more, i have no plans to sell it. Having to get another doesnt make sense to do that as i want to keep and have a Challenger.

Reactions: 2020GoMango

·
Registered
2022 RT 5.7 M6
48 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

2022 R/T with the manual transmission

Left the dealership three days ago with her priced at $40k and despite the taxes, fees, and registration in CA, and trading in my little beater I wound up closing at $41k @ 1.79% APR.

I feel pretty good about it and this is in fact my dream car. Happy to join the forum as well guys 🤘

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,090 Posts
I got my 2018 RT Plus pre owned in Nov 2019 on Thanksgiving weekend. Those were the months that this virus named Covid was making the rounds but we didnt know what it was till around Jan or Feb. I got imo a very good deal of $23,600. Right away the KBB said it was worth $27K and now used cars are sky high so its worth even more so id say i had good timing.

Even if its worth 7-10K more, i have no plans to sell it. Having to get another doesnt make sense to do that as i want to keep and have a Challenger.
My wife bought a used 2017 Model X Feb 2022...by May KBB was saying it was worth $9k more than we paid. Sure we could get more money for it but good luck buying a car nowadays without paying out the nose.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
611 Posts
Mine was definitely timed perfectly. I got my 1320 for $38298. Add in TTL and I walked out the door for $40877. That was exactly 2 years ago as I took delivery June 22, 2020. I just ran the KBB and its saying my car has a private party value of over 51K (over 47K trade in value).

I didn't think my timing was great at the time because I had to wait through 2 months of plant shutdowns for covid before my car got built, but it obviously worked out. Plus it was at that time that I was FINALLY able to afford the car I wanted. If that timing didn't happen when it did, I would have been priced out at today's prices and wouldn't have been able to get the car I wanted. No Challenger, no youtube channel, no drag racing, nothing.

·
Premium Member
2021 M6 Shaker RT
694 Posts
We got a good deal too, I think. Supplier discount ($1800), 72 months 0%, had $7500 down payment. Car that she wanted with the options we both wanted was built and arrived 8 weeks later. Now she knows how to use the line lock!

·
Registered
134 Posts
not sure if this is what you mean but

Wife went in and bought a Durango Blacktop. We went back the next day to pick it up and they were pulling up a SPWB.
She looked out the window and said "that is a sexy car, same deal as the Durango ?
Salesman: Yes.
Wife: write it up and we will pick it up tomorrow at 4:30.
Salesman: OK.
Perfect timing for the dealer. LOL.
Here is her/our stable.
There are several MOPAR guys at work that have offered to marry her ..............

Durango 1500 miles
Scat 300 miles

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Fuchsia 4000 miles

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Sublime 7000 miles

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
161 Posts
We did. We sold our previous SXT a month before the lease expired (July, 2021). My wife really wanted the F8 Green on the 2021. We found 3 of them in transit. We bought 1 a week or so after the 2018 was gone. All 3 F8's were quickly sold and we did not see another one available for several months. Had we waited until the lease expired on the 2018, we would probably have not gotten the F8 green. We also paid full MSRP (no mark-up), but got ZERO percent financing for 60 months. Most dealers wanted above MSRP for an F8 green SXT.

* Several people have asked how I could be satisfied paying full MSRP. Normally, I would think someone a fool for paying full price for a new car. We made a profit of about $6,700.00 selling our 2018 SXT off lease to a dealer. That profit gave us a nice DP and paid for the 20" wheels tires and the fog lights and the tint. In a normal market, we would never have made that much profit. One deal offset the other. And we still got ZERO percent financing. That was worth about $3K for us.

·
Registered
2022 RT 5.7 M6
48 Posts
Mine was definitely timed perfectly. I got my 1320 for $38298. Add in TTL and I walked out the door for $40877. That was exactly 2 years ago as I took delivery June 22, 2020. I just ran the KBB and its saying my car has a private party value of over 51K (over 47K trade in value).

I didn't think my timing was great at the time because I had to wait through 2 months of plant shutdowns for covid before my car got built, but it obviously worked out. Plus it was at that time that I was FINALLY able to afford the car I wanted. If that timing didn't happen when it did, I would have been priced out at today's prices and wouldn't have been able to get the car I wanted. No Challenger, no youtube channel, no drag racing, nothing.
This was literally the best time to purchase. It was such a low market in 2020 that I wish I had taken advantage of it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know I did. Got it in 2020 right at the pandemic start. Seemed sales were down, and financing was a piece of cake with a low rate.

Now the dealer sends me an email once a week wanting to buy it back.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered mine as they were coming back online after the first Brampton shutdown. Power Dollar MFG discounts and low financing for a car that came with my name on the window sticker. All the parts were still in stock and the workers had just come back from their covid vacation.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
611 Posts
This was literally the best time to purchase. It was such a low market in 2020 that I wish I had taken advantage of it.
That was a result of other timing I forgot to mention. I actually was able to order my car in the fall of 2019, but they were done building 2019 1320s and Dodge at the time said they were bringing back the 1320 for 2020 but didn't have it available for ordering. I waited for months constantly checking if the 1320 could be ordered and it wasn't until February 20th of 2020 that Dodge finally added the 1320 into the system for ordering. That same day I was at the dealer putting my order in.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I got pretty lucky on my SPWB Shaker. Custom ordered it loaded in December 2020. Got it $8K off sticker just the way I wanted it. Even my name on the window sticker (which is framed right next to me). Soon after, discounts/rebates started to get scarce and the chip shortage hit. So, pretty happy I pulled the trigger when I did.

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
I wasn't so lucky. At the beginning you couldn't get a 2008 SRT. All 6,400 were pre-ordered. No one knew how long of a run the Challengers would have. Most assumed only a few years. Who knew that it would be an incredible 16 years!

So, in May 2008, I ordered my 2009 SRT but had to pay MSRP. Due to the high demand, many other dealers were tacking on thousands of dollars as "market adjustments." Mine didn't arrive until December 2008 because my first dealer went bankrupt.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts