Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Not quite the answer to your question but, I'll be ordering a GWE 392 tonight to add to my PCP Classic that will go to my wife. Couldn't bare to let the PCP go!

·
Registered
852 Posts
The local dealer has a White/Blue Stripes 392 sitting in the showroom and on the lot, man would i like to have that!! Just can't swing an extra 10K!

Congrats to all the 392 guys though! A 392 GWE would be the ultimate

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Can I ask how much of a hit you took? I really want a GWE, but best case scenerio if I got 33k for mine and a GWE at invoice (46k), plus tax, thats easily 15k! I know they are better cars, but are they 15-16k better?

I traded my 2009 SRT for the IE 392. Couldn't be happier with the upgrade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really want a GWE, but best case scenerio if I got 33k for mine and a GWE at invoice (46k), plus tax, thats easily 15k! I know they are better cars, but are they 15-16k better?
I think this depends on how much better YOU think it is. Could you live with the fact that you could have had a GWE if you would have traded? Are you really happy with the car you have now? These are all tough decisions that YOU should make. Sleep on it, and if you already have try to make your decision soon. I'm sure the window to order a GWE is coming to an end, don't know when but it will end.

I battled with this for 2 weeks before cancelling my IE order and re-ordered a GWE. For me I would have been mad at myself seeing one on the road, even if I was in my IE.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
502 Posts
good question my responce would be who needs the increae in hp and torque if the 6speeds still have wheel hop.......mopar really needs to address this issue all you guys out there chime in on this one.......but i would like to have an upgrade but realistically there is not enough of a change yet for me....I still like my detonator yellow cool color very few out there.only my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
maybe your wife thinks she will be getting the GWE and you can keep your PCP?
Haha! I'm keeping my heavily modded fully loaded 2009 HO SRT six speed. Buying the Wife a 2011 392 GWE Auto with only Mopar appearance package option and performance tires. I suspect I'll be borrowing this car often.:pimp:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can I ask how much of a hit you took? I really want a GWE, but best case scenerio if I got 33k for mine and a GWE at invoice (46k), plus tax, thats easily 15k! I know they are better cars, but are they 15-16k better?
You are almost describing my exact situation. I sold my 2009 SRT-8 for $31K, and the GWE I have on order is $46.5K. Is it a value of $15K greater than a 6.1? On the surface I would say not necessarily, however I would offer you this. I was able to enjoy my 09 6.1 for over two years, so I am not considering the last two years of enjoyment as a "loss".

I also have been waiting since they unveiled the concept car for Dodge to build a green variant, so in my case the Hemi Orange was a contingency plan. So the fact that I am getting an upgrade in the HP/TQ department is a bonus for me. It may not help your decision process, but if there is more than just an engine upgrade in it for you (they did make some appealing upgrades in the suspension for 2011 as well), I would say yes it worth it. If your only motivation is an engine upgrade, I would say no. You can get there with upgrades such as a blower for far less than the $15K differential.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I will keep my Detonator Yellow for a while longer then consider trading again. I've already traded up once from an 09 Stone White RT to the Detonator Yellow SRT8. I love these cars but I am not about to be trading every year. I'll wait for at least another year or two because I believe the improvements on the Challenger aren't done yet and I am also interested in trying out the 2012 Charger SRT8. I may be switching models.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite...lol I traded for an IE 6 speed. Damn it...this is the last time!!! Lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
I plan to keep my PC SRT for the near future. I like the 6.4, but don't want one bad enough to part with what I have. I knew going in last year that better things were coming, but that's always going to be the case.

A cash windfall would change my mind.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same decision point here. Have a '10 Torred auto with 7k on it. Stopped at the local dealer and found out a white 6speed is due anytime without any reservations. Promptly put down my $500 deposit. Second thought disease is getting me bad. Points that caused the deposit; 6speed, number plaque, steering wheel, keyless, 50hp, and I love white. Owned 3 cuda's, last one an AAR, but my favorite was the white with white interior. Of course the wife says a fool and his money are soon parted...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I traded my 10 Detonator Yellow SRT8 in today for my IE Car #598. I'm happy with my decision. My insurance dropped a whopping 68 cent per month...lol. I got the car for the price I was looking for and also used the 500 dollar credit sent to me from Dodge through the mail. The car is pretty sweet. It took me some getting used to. I didn't know how to change the tracks or turn up the radio on the steering wheel. I didn't realize that the controls were behind the wheel. I was also trying to adjust the seat and couldn't. I didn't realize that the drivers seat reclines by pulling up on the handle and that the power buttons control everything else. The uconnect buttons are also reversed which was a little weird. Lol...I guess I should read my manual. I say if you feel that it's not going to put you in a financial bind and it's something that you want...get it!! You only live once...

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I will keep my Detonator Yellow for a while longer then consider trading again. I've already traded up once from an 09 Stone White RT to the Detonator Yellow SRT8. I love these cars but I am not about to be trading every year. I'll wait for at least another year or two because I believe the improvements on the Challenger aren't done yet and I am also interested in trying out the 2012 Charger SRT8. I may be switching models.
Remember this...maybe you were "stoned" when you said it...LOL...J/K

Enjoy your IE!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Remember this...maybe you were "stoned" when you said it...LOL...J/K

Enjoy your IE!!!

Lol...yep and that was my intention until I went to the dealership and started talking numbers. I got the deal I wanted so decided not to pass it up. Overall, I am happy with my decision. I swear I had no intention of trading today. It's funny how things happen sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Your car looks great Stoned.....

I am waiting for my GWE to arrive.....swore I would never get rid of my R/T....LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts