Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious who will have bananas enough to remove their IE stripes? Got an idea it won't ever happen. Pictures if you do though. Goehner?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Not a chance of stripe removal for me. The stripes are part of what makes it an IE plus I like them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not I they're there for the duration. :D

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Guessing I will be the one to remove them first. I have a vision in my head for what this car should look like, and blue is not in it that vision.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chances are

Guessing I will be the one to remove them first. I have a vision in my head for what this car should look like, and blue is not in it that vision.
What do you think the chances are they'll build an all white SRT for 2012?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
What do you think the chances are they'll build an all white SRT for 2012?
Uneducated guess by an idiot like myself I would say it is pretty likely, but you just never know.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Just like it did on The Line.... :thumbsup: :)

Before they contaminated it with the Ford stripes :(

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I like the Challenger solid white if they would have offered that color in the 2008-2010 model SRT I would have gotten one. I am sure the 2011 solid white will look Badd Azz!! It looks like a Indianapolis Colts Football Helmet white with the blue stripes!!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
factory supercharged

Uneducated guess by an idiot like myself I would say it is pretty likely, but you just never know.
After the Camaro announcement you watch, an all white factory supercharged 392 for 2012.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i doubt they ever make a regular White srt ...its not exciting enough and wouldnt be a good seller...

does the IE have extra value over a regular SRT? maybe a bit, but nothing major...the Mopar 10 will have more extra value because mechanically it is different...the IE is just seats...and most people hate them.....so i dont see 20-40 years from now the IE selling for $10k more....maybe $1k-2k ...maybe nothing more...

so taking the stripes off isnt devaluing your car too much

w/o out those stripes it looks like a $25k SE....i wouldnt do it...those stripes make the car pop!

to each his own....taking them off means you want to blend in with the crowd...i dont think most challenger owners want that...they want to stand out!...

i think only 1 out of 1100 will do it!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
w/o out those stripes it looks like a $25k SE....i wouldnt do it...those stripes make the car pop!
Why wouldn't it look more like an R/T? Color matched spoiler and all...and wasn't it an SE that you could get the dual stripes on already? And wheels that kinda looked like the IE's as well...hhmmmm?

just bustin...:)

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The thing to do in my mind is remove the stripes, remove the 392 emblems, then add SE badges.

Go blow the doors off some Mustang or Camaro, and tell the loser that new Chrysler V-6 under the hood is HOT!!!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
The thing to do in my mind is remove the stripes, remove the 392 emblems, then add SE badges.

Go blow the doors off some Mustang or Camaro, and tell the loser that new Chrysler V-6 is under the hood is HOT!!!
Now there's an idea :sneaky:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i doubt they ever make a regular White srt ...its not exciting enough and wouldnt be a good seller...
So basically the most famous Challenger of all time wouldn't sell? How many Vanishing Point fans do you think wouldn't love to own a white one? Why offer the color in SE or Rt then? That would be like Ford saying nobody would want a Bullit in Green. The reason I don't have an SRT8 in my garage right now is because Dodge doesn't sell them in white. I've stated this many times on the forums, I can either get an Rt for $35k in white or nothing in SRT8 form. I don't want an RT I want an SRT8 6.4 in white but Dodge thinks I would rather have my options limited to 4 colors and 1-2 extra cost colors that personally I think are hideous. I guess Dodge wants to save me $10k and get the RT instead. Dodge, give me the SRT8 in white for 2012 and I will buy one!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The original post reminded me of 1969. My Dad had just bought a '69 Barracuda, 318 engine blue with white vinyl top, and white racing stripes going down the side. The guys at his work kidded him about the racing stripes (Dad was 57) and trying to be "young". He took it to heart, took the car back to the dealership and had them remove the stripes. They basically just used a razor blade, no heat, or anything and botched up the paint on both sides after warning him removing the stripes was at "his risk". Dad was sick. He's gone now, but it still surprises me about him that he would care so much what others thought.

I know there's better ways now to remove them without damage but this post took me back, and the irony of me just buying my R/T with racing stripes on the side (and I'm 57) made me smile. Frankly, I don't care if every single person I meet thinks I should take the classic stripes off- - - they're staying!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would leave them on. I would have to fix the area around the rear license plate though. Stripes should fill in around the plate.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I dont know why everyones thinking its a sin to remove them. I think it looks 100000x cleaner and will POP MORE without them. You go white and black with it, throw some white lipped wheels on there, nice dark tint, smoked tails, with maybe a few black accents and its money right there.

·
Registered
574 Posts
if i had a white IE id remove em and add the old SRT8 stripes.

i dont like the dual racing stripes but thats just me.

The reason I don't have an SRT8 in my garage right now is because Dodge doesn't sell them in white.
but they do, its the IE, go buy an IE in white and remove the stripes, while you still can.

If i had the cash to buy one id be all over it but i dont so ill stick with my white RT ( which im totally fine with :D )

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I dont know why everyones thinking its a sin to remove them. I think it looks 100000x cleaner and will POP MORE without them. You go white and black with it, throw some white lipped wheels on there, nice dark tint, smoked tails, with maybe a few black accents and its money right there.
It's different strokes/different folks. Frankly, if I saw a Challenger as you described, I would no more consider purchasing it than purchasing a Yugo.
Just me.

That's what makes the world what it is; our differences.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts