Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, Dodge "knocked it out of the park" when it produced the new Dodge Challenger in 2008. But who would have thought that it would still be in production 11 years later? After all, the classic Challenger only lasted 5 years, from 1970 to 1974.

I guess, even though the body is basically the same, Dodge has done a great job in keeping it fresh and desirable with limited production models, new colors, new interiors, new technology, more powerful engines, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
I'm glad they made it to 2016 :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
And now 2017 the first AWD 2 door coupe the Challenger GT. Now I have Irish twins built 10 months apart my R/T 392 HEMI Scat Pack in April 2015 and my Challenger GT built in February 2017. I would like to see it have a model run as long as the Ford model T or the VW beetle.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
also glad they kept it to 2017 & hit the trifecta i was looking for yellow jacket, shaker & the 392 torque monster

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
also glad they kept it to 2017 & hit the trifecta i was looking for yellow jacket, shaker & the 392 torque monster
Oh wow, I was never a big fan of yellow on a car but that looks sahweet! Oh and I wish the dealership I bought my car installed the front license plate in the same location you have it...I would gladly sacrifice some ventilation instead of 2 holes drilled in the front bumper.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Oh wow, I was never a big fan of yellow on a car but that looks sahweet! Oh and I wish the dealership I bought my car installed the front license plate in the same location you have it...I would gladly sacrifice some ventilation instead of 2 holes drilled in the front bumper.
thx. the dealer didn't do the license plate. i did. i had none & the police decided i was a bad criminal one day going to work in the same suburb that he worked in, ie. i pay part of his salary with taxes. no warning just a $75 ticket. then he tried to slap a seat belt violation on me because had seat belt off to get my wallet. let's just say i was profiled. anyway toggle bolted to lower grill, i think 1/8 x 3 or 4 just 2 of them. you have to monkey around a little to get them just right but a much better way than drilling the bumper.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Interesting that if the Mustang still looked as it did in '08 it would be losing sales and touted as old news. Challenger, not so much. I talk to new Challenger buyers all the time just getting on the bandwagon with new enthusiasm. Something about good retro design that doesn't constantly need a huge refresh. I loved the '70 Challenger and 'Cuda, blew my mind when the '08's came out still look back at my '15 SRT.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I think what is a positive is there are soooo many different trim levels now. I guess they are trying to appeal to the widest audience they can.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I think what is a positive is there are soooo many different trim levels now. I guess they are trying to appeal to the widest audience they can.
There's a few trims that feel redundant and I think Dodge would benefit from streamlining it a bit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have never owned a car before where people stop just to say they really like my car. How many cars have had the same basic design for 9 years and still get that response?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
I have never owned a car before where people stop just to say they really like my car. How many cars have had the same basic design for 9 years and still get that response?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It came out in 2008 and we now have 2018s so we are in the 11th model year now? I know, you are right, these cars still get a lot of attention!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts