Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I've seen in online photos. The color looks different in every one. Based on the current retail environment, I'm likely to either order or purchase online, a car BEFORE I've laid eyes on it. This isn't a problem with well established colors that I've seen, but for this new color that seems to morph in different lighting, it's hard to make that call.

I've always lusted after PCP colored cars, but it just seems to be too much of a "look at me" color for me to want to drive everyday. Hellraisin seems to be just enough purple, with hints of Octane Red and even Furious Fuschia in a more subdued presentation.

Who's seen it? Like it? Love it? Hate it? Why?

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
I haven't seen any in person, but there's been photographs inside showrooms and outdoors in sun.

the way I'd describe it as Octane Red with a purple-ish tone to it. Its not as prominent like plum crazy but take a purple color and blend more red into that to tone it down.

it color shifts depending on angle and light conditions, much as Octane Red will do. I expect it has dark colored pearl in the new 2020 color

Plum Crazy had light and dark pearl pigments, so in bright sun it would get even more brighter color due to that.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Steve. When I went through the Dodge.com Build&Price, this is how I did it. R/T with Shaker. I also need sound system upgrade (Alpine at least). Is this one on your lot? Where? Price? I didn't see this one on Autotrader.

On second look, this looks like it has the Bumble Bee badge. I might allow my arm to be twisted enough to get the 392.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Nice Steve. When I went through the Dodge.com Build&Price, this is how I did it. R/T with Shaker. I also need sound system upgrade (Alpine at least). Is this one on your lot? Where? Price? I didn't see this one on Autotrader.

On second look, this looks like it has the Bumble Bee badge. I might allow my arm to be twisted enough to get the 392.
If it's on his lot, Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Newton, NC | New & Used Car Dealer near Lincolnton NC, Hickory, Morganton NC, Statesville, Lenoir NC | Parts, Service & Financing | Steve White Motors

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
already sold, last one day

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
ps we have one coming 50th anniversary

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely get the 392.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had a '13 R/T for nearly 6 years and loved it as my daily 3-season driver. I've always wanted to go to the next level on the next car, with the bigger Hemi, but just didn't want the added expense of 91 octane fuel all the time (12-15K miles a year). However, now that the Covid-19 has driven the gas prices down, it wouldn't be that bad, but because of working at home, I don't need the commuter car. As soon as we're all back to work and I can go buy a car, I assume the gas prices will go back up, and I'll still be second-guessing the 91 octane fuel all the time....again.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dang it Steve, another color to consider. That hellraisin looks a lot better in those pics than in most others I've seen.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
250 Posts
I feel ya. I ordered a Hellraisin Challenger before ever seeing the color in person. And the pics and videos I've seen online look drastically different because of the environment and I'm sure cameras used.

If you're in a bigger city, do a search for hellraisin on cars dot com. I'm in the Dallas area and did that the other week and found a few dealers that had either a hellraisin challenger or charger or both in stock. Drove to one on a Sunday to see it for myself for the first time. (dealers in Texas are closed on Sundays so I didn't have to worry about dealing with salespeople). Car was dirty and it was a cloudy day, so it was a bit dull looking, not anything like the pics Steve White put up here, which I agree are some of the best I've seen. Wish I could of seen one clean and in the sun, and a Scat Pack with the same wheels/hood/etc. One day I'll get to see mine

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's a pretty cool color.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
My Wife wants a Frostbite or HellRaisin AWD.... I told her to wait until we see what happens. Right now I am working full time but who knows.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's a pretty hot color, my wife loves it.
Not the color I would pick personally but it's sexy.
or maybe its because it's a 392 Shaker...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts