Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered mine yesterday, so my VON # is a few days out, but I'm excited for those of you who may already have some updates! Love to hear about it!

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
I thought somebody posted that VOTS will be down until September?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. I hadn't heard that. My dealer said I should be able to check on it next week to see where it's at (most likely nothing happening yet). Oh well. Either way, I have my order submitted.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
hmm. I hadn't heard that. My dealer said I should be able to check on it next week to see where it's at (most likely nothing happening yet). Oh well. Either way, I have my order submitted.
Other than the dealer saying your car is in, don't believe what they say.
Plan on about 8-12 weeks and it will appear, good luck.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,428 Posts
Funny story...(not really)...

I've spent the last three days in a real heart-stopping panic. When I went onto the Chrysler VOTS website and got the "either your name or tracking number is incorrect", I naturally called the phone number listed.

The (very nice) person on the other line explained the VOTS site was not operating, then spent 20 minutes with me trying to "find" my order on her databases.

She couldn't find it...

She spent another 15 minutes with me on hold trying to get help from her supervisors....and still couldn't find it.

...she said it wasn't entered, and opened a case, saying she'd get hold of the dealer and see why my order was never entered, and why I was given a VON# that didn't work.

For the past three days I've been waiting for her to resolve this issue. The Sales Guy didn't return my call; the New Car Sales Manager didn't respond to my emails...

...so, I tracked down a District Manager and sent him all my paperwork.

This afternoon he left me a voice mail apologizing on behalf of Chrysler and said my order had been in the whole time, and that it had progressed to Status "D" - Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available.

Supposedly, "out of the blue" my Sales Manager texted me a picture of his computer screen showing my order, with the same "D" status.

...I've lost a portion of my diminishing hair, and what's left should have gone gray over all of this, but I will prevail!

Moral of this story: TRUST NOTHING YOU ARE TOLD, until (as the Interwed states so often) you have pictures to prove it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
VOTS is down. If you email them they will explain they are more than happy to give you an update. However you have to keep emailing them for updates. They won't do it automatically.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
I was told today that my car was in "D" status. :clap:

·
Registered
553 Posts
8-12 weeks is the expected wait time? Sheesh. I was figuring I'd get it when it was still warmish out. Not when it's cold!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts