Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally feel that this color could possibly be the best one on a Challenger yet. I think it's on par or possibly surpassed HO ??? I alaways loved the GO MANGO R/T charger's i'm happy they bought this to the Challenger lineup.

Side Note : The new SE's look much better with the pipes , spoiler , more HP , and awesome Toxic Orange as an option . It's great seeing all 3 companies equal things up!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Toxic Orange is a very nice looking color, but I have a couple of problems with it. For one, these burnt-orange metallic colors are very trendy and have been done to death by car companies for the last decade. Second, it is not very different from HO, so what's the point? I would have preferred the darker copper color of Go-Mango which has been done recently on the Charger Daytona. Would have looked beautiful on the Challenger. But then so would Sublime.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
surprisingly I agree 90% with the OP in this thread. BUT while TO is a nice color I still think HO is nicer. Maybe I'll change my mind seeing in person. Jury is out for now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I at first was angry that Dodge stopped having Hemi Orange, but when I saw good pictures of the Toxic Orange 2011, I fell in LOVE. The Challenger is finally complete with this color, now I just have to wait until the regular SRT-8's come out and I'm sold! Well, they could have better wheels but that is easy to change.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
in the bright sun the color looks great...in normal light and when they get old and scuffed up and dont shine anymore it looks horrible...it would be my last choice (ouch!)

its also a trendy color.....it will go the same way as Teal did in the 1990's...GM had their version a 5-6 years back...i could have gotten an Avalanche in that color....it never seemed very popular..maybe the least popular color...Corvettes had that color for a couple of years too....in the bright sun they looked great, but once again i dont think it was a very popular color...Dodge is continuing this color even though I think GM dropped it.

i think its great for Dodge to have completely different colors...its just not one id chose

id be suprised if the color continues into 2012...i think its great for a 1 year color for people who want something different.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm not much or an orange person, but I have to say based on what I've seen so far, that I would at least consider it. I agree that it's trendy, but I'm also tired of the endless variations of gray that the manufacturers keep trotting out. I'm ready to see some different colors.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I at first was angry that Dodge stopped having Hemi Orange, but when I saw good pictures of the Toxic Orange 2011, I fell in LOVE. The Challenger is finally complete with this color, now I just have to wait until the regular SRT-8's come out and I'm sold! Well, they could have better wheels but that is easy to change.
The "regular" SRT 392 has been available to order by dealers for a couple of months now, and Toxic Orange is also available to order. Why wait?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was supposed to wait until April to buy my Challenger. But I pissed off my wife and bought it now because Dodge was replacing Hemi Orange with Toxic Orange. Not diggin it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
There are going to be a lot of haters on this outlook, but I'm not one that believes this color should be available on all models. Maybe it's elitist theory, but if I were an SRT owner, I wouldn't want anyone mistaking my car for an SE from a distance. Of course, from an SE owner's persepective, can you say, "badge me up Scotty?" For the posers out there, it wouldn't take much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The "regular" SRT 392 has been available to order by dealers for a couple of months now, and Toxic Orange is also available to order. Why wait?
I want to see it first, in person. The main reason I want to get one is that I have been watching crash test videos of my 2011 Mustang, and it didn't do nearly as good as the Challenger did.

Anyways, are there any pictures of the regular SRT 392 out yet?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Not sure I agree with it being a 'trendy' color and definitely not with it being on the same level as early 90s teal. Metallic orange has been available on a wide range of cars consistantly for the last 15 or so years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nope, not for me...been done to death, to me it makes the car look more "generic" which as all of us here know it most certainly is not. Some cars just shouldnt be certain colors. And HO is the best looking orange car I have ever seen. (IMHO of course.)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm not a fan of TO at all. As has been shown in this thread, the color is too damn common on "lesser" vehicles.

Hemi orange is also pretty much the same color as Harley orange, which gives it bonus points. ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love the color....I believe it's the the same color (called mango tango) on my 10 Ram. As for it being too common (and shared with other chrysler products), it's no different than B5 blue that you could also get on a Caliber....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts