Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,642 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if somebody hypothetically, put a VIN from a junkyard car on that form? And if it is for off road only, whatever you are bolting them to might not even have a VIN. Or what if you want them just for re-sale, art, collectability?
Can you just say "This will NOT be installed on any vehicle"?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
you bring up a really good point. I had multiple people suggest a wrecked, etc. Working for the govt, I wouldnt risk that, but others might. But what if they were going to be resold, etc? Like what if someone was gonna purchase them and resell eventually?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if somebody hypothetically, put a VIN from a junkyard car on that form? And if it is for off road only, whatever you are bolting them to might not even have a VIN. Or what if you want them just for re-sale, art, collectability?
Can you just say "This will NOT be installed on any vehicle"?
I'm sure they don't really care. They are just having you sign the form so when the EPA tries to come after them they can hand the forms over as evidence that they are complying with regulations. NOW, if the EPA wants to use that form to see if the customer told the truth that it would not be used on the road and finds that they are that's where you could run into problems. That form could be used to transfer the legal liability of violation of emissions regulations from the manufacturer to the customer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Either way, Kooks lost a sale due to asking for my VIN. The "shorty style" are nice, but do not give the sound I am looking for, even with Flowmaster Outlaw catback installed. Many owners I have read about end up straight piping their cars, and removing the cats in order to have more sound. I would think as long as headers did not alter emission levels (i.e. output, hc levels, etc) then let us have em!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,784 Posts
I thought it was illegal to put off road parts on a street driven vehicle anyway. And I thought they were no longer going to allow cars with VINs to be converted into off road use cars. Look, I do not see what the fuss is about. We knew it was one of the 1000 laws we break every day. I am sure I will have to but a Truck and Trailer at some point top get my car to Test and Tune nights. Unless since they do not have Smog testing in my area yet, if they do start it, they start it in whatever model year it is when they do it. (grandfathering vehicles older than that since they were never subjected to it).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts