Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So does any Challenger Trim level have full powered seats like the Charger? Ever Challenger I have been in only has power bottom but not the back rest, what gives there?
Also Memory seats, anything? Is this a way Dodge tries to keep the weight down the Challenger for maximum 1/4 performance? I don't know of any other Dodge that has power seats and only has the bottom and doesn't offer a Memory seat option.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hello all,
So does any Challenger Trim level have full powered seats like the Charger? Ever Challenger I have been in only has power bottom but not the back rest, what gives there?
Also Memory seats, anything? Is this a way Dodge tries to keep the weight down the Challenger for maximum 1/4 performance? I don't know of any other Dodge that has power seats and only has the bottom and doesn't offer a Memory seat option.
You should re read your own thread. The info you're asking for was already posted.

Challenger to Charger Move

I have posted lists of advantages of Chargers over Challengers, mainly related to seating/memory type stuff. But from having a 2015 Charger to the current 2018 Challenger, a lot of it is noticeable.
<opinion>
If you want/need any of these
  • The look of a Challenger
  • SHAKER
  • Manual transmission
  • Demon
  • Super Stock
Get a Challenger, otherwise, get the Charger.
Let me look for my list...
Basically, in the drivers seat the Charger wins, walking up to the car and seeing it, Challenger to some. But I also LOVE the Charger looks, give me a Frostbite Widebody Hellcat, and I'll trade!
EDIT

If you want to know the perks of a Charger, the list is long, but not earth shattering, major items are seat related.
Off the top of my head, in random order including optional items
Trunk Pull Down Handle
Power Recline
Full power passenger seat with power recline
heated rear seats
ability to put heated/cooled cupholders (available in Chargers/300 in 2014 with heated rear seat package)

different console/cupholder with Dodge Brothers in cubby not hidden under arm rest
If you have Adaptive Cruise Control, it will bring the Charger to a full stop, not the Challenger (WTF is up with that?)
Higher top speed (Charger is more aerodynamic)
much more usable back seat, both in ease of access, and actual space
power adjustable pedals
and since there is more things that are power adjustable, memory saving of seats/pedals/column/radio
different grabhandles, pull down vs straps

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well imo they didn't put it in because it would take forever to get them to go forward if anyone gets in the back. Its a 2 door so any one that gets back there has to move the front seats. Also I don't think there is a powered seat that lays forward flat is there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
the earlier years ('08 - '10) had power backrest on driver's side and the new design with manual backrest folds down and back far quicker. It was s-l-o-w

for the passenger side - the manual release system works far faster than what a power adjuster would do. On a 4 door sedan, the front passenger seat doesn't need to be moved forward to allow passengers to board / exit the rear seat.

the memory seat: that's a good question - it could be added on a Challenger (driver's seat), but then again it was years before rain sensing wipers and Adaptive Cruise Control were offered when 300s had this feature for years

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
Well imo they didn't put it in because it would take forever to get them to go forward if anyone gets in the back. Its a 2 door so any one that gets back there has to move the front seats. Also I don't think there is a powered seat that lays forward flat is there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Bingo! People in the rear seat wouldn't want to wait so long to get out for an electric motor to move the top section forward. In case of an accident, it could even be a safety hazard if they got stuck there.
As for the lack of memory seats, it could be a similar situation. Suppose people load up in the rear seat, with a 6'5" driver up front. The memory button is pushed and the driver seat proceeds to leave about one inch in the seat behind it......ouch!

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Bought the Redeye for the MOTOR. That said, wife bitches about lack of passenger seat adjustments. Almost bought Charger for passenger seat.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
Bought the Redeye for the MOTOR. That said, wife bitches about lack of passenger seat adjustments. Almost bought Charger for passenger seat.
You know, if you order a Challenger with a rear seat delete I don't understand why the passenger seat can't be powered

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
185 Posts
My ‘10 Challenger R/T Classic has power for every direction. And yes, it is very slow.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
873 Posts
My 2005 GTO had dual power seats. And, yes, the seats moved excruciatingly slow. The rare occasions that I had passengers riding in the rear seat became almost embarrassing. And were definitely embarrassing if it was raining.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
My ‘10 Challenger R/T Classic has power for every direction. And yes, it is very slow.
You know, I had a 2010 R/T Classic, and it wasn't until you posted here that I remembered that fact. I guess I didn't have to use the power function much in the 2 years I had it.
Wasn't it just power for the driver's seat back?

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
You want Sedan features, buy a Sedan. Our Nissan Altima has a power back adjustment but it's also a four door ....and it has Auto up window. That's nice but hardly a deal breaker. Takes three seconds to roll up the window holding the button.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
You want Sedan features, buy a Sedan. Our Nissan Altima has a power back adjustment but it's also a four door ....and it has Auto up window. That's nice but hardly a deal breaker. Takes three seconds to roll up the window holding the button.
Tell that to the dude in the pick up truck in Portland that ended up unconscious in the middle of the road. While the window's going up on its own, I could be retrieving my Glock.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't think about the back seat, makes tons of sense. So does the Memory seat option, if you don't have full power that feature is useless almost.
The Charger is one hell of a vehicle and we own one already, my wife has Plumb crazy purple.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
First world problems

Tell that to the dude in the pick up truck in Portland that ended up unconscious in the middle of the road. While the window's going up on its own, I could be retrieving my Glock.
Not sure this was a design consideration for dodge at the time.

Four doors also have twice as many (seriously 2x as much) door hinges to lube up ten years from now when they get squeaky. So who's the real winner here.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Four doors also have twice as many (seriously 2x as much) door hinges to lube up ten years from now when they get squeaky. So who's the real winner here.
I don't think it's about winning, I think it's more about what ride is right for you. Both cars are super badass.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
185 Posts
You know, I had a 2010 R/T Classic, and it wasn't until you posted here that I remembered that fact. I guess I didn't have to use the power function much in the 2 years I had it.
Wasn't it just power for the driver's seat back?
Mine moves the whole seat forwards and backwards, reclines, lifts/lowers the whole seat and has lumbar adjustment.

Reactions: USponycar

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
But everything I've read & heard is that Chargers are quicker due to better weight transfer & faster due to better aerodynamics. And they have power seats.:)
I'm no engineer so I'll get that out of the way up front.

But isn't the charger longer, therefore weight is farther forward, further from the rear axles?

Aerodynamics, hell if I know.

I went challenger because I liked it better visually, and six speed. That's about it. I don't have any issue with the charger.

Power seats I personally could care less about.

Options, I have the backup camera and the 8.4 uconnect, that's all I care about. Pretty barebones past that. And the performance pages and related goodies along with the scat pack.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts