Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail today at 8:17 saying my SirusXM trial has been activated as a reward for your recent service visit. Not sure which service visit. Maybe last week on 8/17 or today?

Needs me to confirm my email to send my signal now.

I never clicked the confirm and then I got another e-mail saying confirmation of activation of your SiriusXM subscription

Not sure if I will be charged if I don't cancel for something I didn't sign up for or if after 3 months it will just end. I never gave my credit card or paid anything.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
open it on a PC, mouse over the link, see what url is behind it

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Or look up their phone number on line call them tell them the details of your offer. If it's legit they will have it on file.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,197 Posts
It's legit.

·
Registered
16,206 Posts
Think they do that every now and then hoping some will sign up permanently.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JavierA

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
It's legit. Every once in a while they offer free XM for a limited time to everyone that isn't subscribed, hoping to get people hooked

·
Registered
328 Posts
But never, ever give them a checking number, or a continuing credit card number (no matter how much you 'save'). Many credit cards have throw away or 1 time numbers, or you can buy a MC/V for the amount.
Consider them a bad gym YOU CANNOT QUIT, but worse because they're effectively foreign.
The foreign operators LOSE for letting you quit and will just do what they want, lying directly to you.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,060 Posts
Yes and No. Once they get your credit card information on file, after the free 3 month period expires another 1 year service is automatically renewed and billed to the card. Their hope is you'll either not notice the charge a few months down the road, or if you do and try to cancel, they'll convince you to keep the service at a reduced rate after haggling back and forth. I go through it EVERY YEAR lol!

Reactions: RWL11

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm so will they require your credit card / checking info to activate the 3 months? I never clicked the links. They are long with random numbers and stuff.

I probably won't even activate it or use it. It's kinda nice when you have no signal or music on your phone but i'm not doing any traveling these days. I also have some songs on my phone. The only useful feature is maybe travel link when you have no reception you can find gas prices, restaurants and stuff. Not sure if it's stored on the car or if it's using Sprint network

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
I have enabled free trials on many work vans in the past, I get 6 months free. I give them no CC info. I still get emails for deals of 1 yr $5 a month for these vans (the deal I ask for when I have to renew my Challenger. I tell them to cancel if they won't do that deal...they will always do that deal, lol). It costs them nothing to just enable your radio. The signal is there, just gets turned on

A Guy

Reactions: SRT8outtaLA

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,034 Posts
I bought another 2008 Bullitt Mustang a few years ago and it STILL has SiriusXM on it!!! I never paid for it and it still works great. I guess the company and the previous owner just plain forgot.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought another 2008 Bullitt Mustang a few years ago and it STILL has SiriusXM on it!!! I never paid for it and it still works great. I guess the company and the previous owner just plain forgot.
interesting maybe they lost track. it's usually them that hopes the user forgets (to cancel)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think CarPlay is killing satellite radio. I have 3 newer cars and after the free 6 mo or 12 mo period they keep dropping the price. I use Pandora 90% of the time so I have no use for satellite radio. The say if you listen to the news programs it’s really good?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why would anyone pay for satellite radio. One more bill to remember, one more account to keep track of. Everyone can stream audio through 4G with minimal data usage. This is antiquated technology.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,181 Posts
Why would anyone pay for satellite radio. One more bill to remember, one more account to keep track of. Everyone can stream audio through 4G with minimal data usage. This is antiquated technology.
Not EVERYONE wants to stream crap....with crappy sound quality.

Ive been a SIRIUS subscriber since 2006. I have all access in two vehicles, and the basic service in one vehicle.

It is a business expense for me, so it has its advantages there, too.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
I'm antiquated technology too...

A Guy

Reactions: USponycar and RWL11

·
Registered
364 Posts
I either pay for satellite or pay for more data usage. Either way I have to keep track of when one will run out.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the on demand capability of using unlimited data and a smart phone. With Sirusxm you get what they give you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Terrestrial radio is in the crapper, No commuters or lot less listening. same with satellite, no commuters or much less, and some didn't want to spend stimulus checks on satellite radio. They have been calling me when the Challenger ran out in June. I let it go. I just listen to the wind with the window rolled down and the motor. I think I am going to get those things that keep the exhaust pipes open all the time. I have the sirius in the Jeep and the Mini Countryman.
I got for 3.50 a month for a year back in June for the Jeep because I balked at the $5 a month. Still annoying the taxes, royalties and carp. I don't listen to the football anymore. They killed that for me.
oh well
they may give it away next since not may are re-signing.
best
parrott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts