Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reading Doncarson's (God rest her soul) thread about loosing his wife it made me think back to why I had decided to buy my car.

I had been looking at the Challenger since they came out in 08 but at that point in time I didn't want to spend the money and had the attitude there's always next year. That went on till lat 09 and when my niece who was pregnant at the time found out she had incurable cancer I though f it life's to short. I started looking hard at one. I still didn't buy one though. She beat her cancer into remission and every day for her is a gift no telling when it will come back.
Then in March my Dad passed away of heart attack at 57 I said double f it and bought one. Who the he11 cares how much we have in the bank anyhow, we might be gone tomorrow!
I wish it wouldn't take things like that to get things to happen but nothing really brings people back to reality like that so that's my story how about you?

·
Registered
574 Posts
"God" rest her soul? Really?

Aside from that I agree to an extent. I'm a firm believer in enjoying life, b/c it is short, but you also have to prepare for the future.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I had an "05 Magnum RT when the Challenger came out. I really liked the way Dodge got the retro look; a lot better then Chevy did on the Camaro, IMHO. I ended up trading the Maggie in on a '08 Caliber SRT-4. Two years go by and I'm not that crazy about it. I also had a '07 Wrangler Rubicon. I got tired of making two car payments, so I decided I'd get a Ram truck. I couldn't really find one I liked and got to thinking about a Challenger instead. The rest is history.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"God" rest her soul? Really?

Aside from that I agree to an extent. I'm a firm believer in enjoying life, b/c it is short, but you also have to prepare for the future.
Yea when I put that in it was kinda of a weird moment, I actually added it out of respect for Don I'm going to take it out I think.
Yes you do need to plan for the future for sure. That's the tuff part the balance of the two.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife and I had been wanting a Challenger for some time but we hadn't been able to choose a color. What convinced me to go ahead was when I saw the first press release for the Furious Fuchsia editions. I knew right then that I would be buying one. I did find out later that I would be losing my job but I told my wife that we would still order the car. I went through chemo, radiation, surgery and more chemo for rectal cancer in 08 so I realize that you need to enjoy life today because you may not be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yea when I put that in it was kinda of a weird moment, I actually added it out of respect for Don I'm going to take it out I think.
....after seeing the "professor's" tactless remark in Don's thread, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of removing your earlier comment.

Reactions: Saetta

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
When Dodge announced the Challenger, it was just a matter of time. I was too young to have the original but a Challenger was always my dream car. I even bought two of the Mitsu "Challengers" in 78 and 83 mostly out of nostalgia (though they were both great little cars). I told the wife (jokingly) about a week before my 49th that I was going to go get one, and she (jokingly) said to go ahead! I don't really think she thought my 300lbs could move that fast. I was back home with my SRT that afternoon. It would have been earlier, but I had to drive a hundred miles to find what I wanted.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Absolutely fell in love with the concept car -- love at first sight.
....and I think this is the first time a concept car I liked actually looked better once it was in production.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Myself I always wanted a 1970 challenger, but also liked owning cars that where produced and made in my lifetime. Since I was born in 1983 a 1970 would not have been made in the time I was alive. Come to find out in 2006 dodge may build a retro challenger. june 2008 I had it in the driveway. Sold both my low mile Iroc camaros and my 1987 Buick Gn. I miss my old cars, but love the challenger. It defines me.
+ I love to do smoke shows and this car is a natural at that.

·
Registered
574 Posts
....after seeing the "professor's" tactless remark in Don's thread, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of removing your earlier comment.
Kean, it was an honest question. I'm open to have a religious discussion with you at any time. Please, inform me of how much of an intellectual you are.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is a thread about cars, I'm not sure why you people feel the need to star spouting your religious convictions around. It does get rather tiresome.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
x 2 Yes God rest her soul.

When they announced that the Challenger was comming out I had to have one. I reserved mine 04-07. Ordered 12-07 (the first day that I could). Waiting was hard. My first car was a 57 Chysler with a 392 Hemi and I always wanted another Hemi. I always wanted a 426 Hemi. So that is what I ended up with. The great Challenger looks, in a modern car. I love my old cars. My 68 Firebird is great to drive with the top down. My 70 SS Chevelle is a grabs a lot of attention. It looks hot (prowler Orange) and sounds great (3 seconds slower than my Challenger). My 48 Silver Streak Pontiac and 50 Lincoln are just nice looking old rides. The Challenger looks like a muscle car and has the conveniences of a modern car. GPS, air, great ride, power, great top end, good miles/gallon. On a road trip I like all the creature comforts that a modern Auto has. GRIZZ gets more attention than my Chevelle and is a lot nicer to drive.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Believe it or not, my wife was the one who suggested that I get a Challenger. She saw me browsing the Dodge website one day, a discussion started and before I knew it, one thing led to another.

I was previously considering the G8 GT before the economy took a nose-dive. She knew I was little disappointed that I missed the boat on that one which is probably why she pushed me to get the Dodge. ....I love my wife. ;) In either case, I had the funds and the 'lil ladies blessing so I figured "what the heck".

1 - 20 of 136 Posts