Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went with the T/A 392 because of 1) looks. I love the blacked out hood/roof/trunk stripes and wheels. 2) Awesome functional hood scoop and headlight air intake. 3)Rarity. You just don't see as many T/A's as you do Scat Pack and Shaker cars. Heck, my dealer had only sold one other T/A prior to my car. So glad I went with the T/A as I was considering a Shaker 392 as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with the T/A 392 because of 1) looks. I love the blacked out hood/roof/trunk stripes and wheels. 2) Awesome functional hood scoop and headlight air intake. 3)Rarity. You just don't see as many T/A's as you do scat Pak and Shaker cars. Heck, my dealer had only sold one other T/A prior to my car. So glad I went with the T/A as I was considering a Shaker 392 as well.

What he said!

I have had many people tell me that my Challenger is one of the coolest looking they have seen. They point out all the T/A badging and air intake halos along with the Flat Black and Grey paint scheme.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Alternative perspective: I went with a 392 Shaker over the T/A because of the iconic shaker scoop (awesome view while driving), the fact that you never see 392 Shakers around (I see nothing but T/As here in FL and on the lots), and I was disappointed they went with a wrap on the T/As that may eventually need to be redone. Thought the original look was better on the T/As with just the black hood and the cool original T/A hood scoop vs the SRT hood they're putting on the T/As now.

T/As are cool, but nothing beats hammering the throttle of a 392 and seeing that shaker scoop torque to the side.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I bought my '16 Scat Pack Shaker in April '16 before the T/A Challenger was around. I would not trade in my Shaker for a T/A but I do like the T/A hood and intake box. I am thinking that I will be putting a T/A hood and intake set up on my DD Challenger GT as I like the T/A hood much more than the standard Challenger hood. Here are my 2 Challengers next to a co-workers '15 R/T Shaker

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
I love the styling of the T/A and am not a fan of the Shaker ... easy choice for me. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I liked the looks of T/A more than the shaker plus the wider tires and better brakes did it for me. I was looking at a shaker originally but then they announced the T/A and decided to wait. Glad I did cuz there are 3-4 392 shakers running around my neighborhood but only 1 T/A 392 ;) The only thing I wished was that they offered the full leather seats like the shaker did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went from a 2015 SRT 392 to a 2017 T/A 392. Went this route because I love the look and I liked the additional intake equipment that comes with the T/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went from a 2015 SRT 392 to a 2017 T/A 392. Went this route because I love the look and I liked the additional intake equipment that comes with the T/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The T/A stood out to me more as I do like the shaker because of hood ornament as I call it. Even tho the shaker is cheaper the T/A looks better to me plus the 6 piston Brembos and air intake just plane did it for me. Plus I rarely see T/As in the D.C Area. Always see SXTs and R/Ts so I want something different.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got my TA for all the same reasons here. i did, however, remove the stripe along the side of the body and in the front part of the hood. it looks so much better. i love my paint (destroyer gray) and i wanted to see more of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got my TA for all the same reasons here. i did, however, remove the stripe along the side of the body and in the front part of the hood. it looks so much better. i love my paint (destroyer gray) and i wanted to see more of it.
Your TA looks great definitely inspiring me to get one. Yea I would like to see more of the color aswell.
Just having a hard decision between octane red n destroyer grey.

Look at the attachments below.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
Octane red would make me think hard if I was getting a new car (I lie, I'd get black, but it would be my 2nd choice ;) )

A Guy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Octane red would make me think hard if I was getting a new car (I lie, I'd get black, but it would be my 2nd choice ;) )

A Guy
That octane red is calling me as I'm looking at the picture more and more. 2nd choice would be that destroyer grey.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hate octane red. looks maroon. boring. dime a dozen. not many battleship Gray cars on road....dont be a dum dum...red is for girls and for guys who wear stockings.
I ONLY seen 1 Octane Red color on the Challenger that is currently on the showroom floor at a local Dodge Dealership up the street from my house. I saw a couple of Jeep Grand Cherokee's non SRT versions with Octane Red.

Octane red looks good especially when its clean shining at night when the street lights hit it.

I was looking at the Indigo Blue but its a rare color like the F8 Green.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts