Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 281 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
You're taking this forum way to seriously, lol. It's just a bunch of schmoes shooting the breeze, and helping people with actual problems when able. Enjoy and don't read too much into anything, it's a diverse group

A Guy

·
Registered
301 Posts
Got the A8, and still can't decide which I like better. In traffic, I appreciate the A8 and had good experience with the ZF on another car, so I knew what I was getting into. But.. Occasionally I wish I had the M6.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
You're taking this forum way to seriously, lol. It's just a bunch of schmoes shooting the breeze, and helping people with actual problems when able. Enjoy and don't read too much into anything, it's a diverse group

A Guy
Nah , im just another“ schome shooting the breeze “with you i guess lol

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)

just saw it , the interior looks so much better in person , the red.

they prepearing to wash it and stuff.

leaving the car out in the sun to collect so much Dirt ... prolly been out a week , every other car , around 100 was inside except mine. Guess they wanted to wash it but everything took a while.

only other thing worth taking pictures off.

40E1C603-3F69-4B79-86F4-1E2463320DBB.jpeg

Ya its not washed or anything cuz i didnt want much longer to finish the papers and i had to see it before they processed.

found the mats and all in the trunk lol.

guess thats it until another time! I’m

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts
Looks like a sand storm hit that nice new paint.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited by Moderator)
Ya man im pissed , there is 3 stories of dodge cars inside and there is room but only mine and 4 others were out ... and from the amount of sand of it , its been a month or more outside ... talked to them and waiting fir a reply... at the end they are a ... not gonna sweat it anymore , by sunday itll be mine

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
165 Posts
I sure hope they know what they are doing when washing it and don't end up swirling the clear coat!

Auto vs Manual? It is a "thing"... It also depends if you are going to be in much traffic constantly. I never had an Auto in my Life and at 74, retired, would not want one.

Just a thing!

Granite by the way has no brown in it. It is a beautiful color with the metallic flakes sparkling in the sun. Again, taste... Nothing is better than the other. They are all "Challengers" after all...

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
I sure hope they know what they are doing when washing it and don't end up swirling the clear coat!

I never had an Auto in my Life and at 74, retired, would not want one.

View attachment 995970
I hope i wont regret getting an auto even though everything points that i should.

the only reason i even considered a manual is because i want one but nothing points out that ill be enjoying it even 1% due traffic and everything mentioned in this thread ..i guess i can say think newyork traffic? it is my dream car , but oh well , if i ever wanted a manual i can get one but it wont be my dream car... lets wrap the manual vs auto thing up.

anyways ... you got me concerned with paint , once i receive it ...what can i look for that they did not permanently ruin the paint ? It will be polished and waxed , well the swirls be there after a polish if there were any? How can i know if the clear coat was damaged ?

i saw a pitch black daytona charger there and looks like it was just polished and cleaned , it was fully tinted.... it looked beyond wonderful , no words to describe it , but i knew it would lose the magic after 5 minutes outside so i didnt regret not getting black.

also their response to why it was so dirty was, keep in mind that the car was on a ship from the us all the way here and then it was in a storage house... still doesnt explain all the sand built up , because at one point he sent me the pictures of it in the show room “ unless that was another car which i doubt “ that you can find in this thread ... but nothing i can do.

thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I hope i wont regret getting an auto even though everything points that i should.

the only reason i even considered a manual is because i want one but nothing points out that ill be enjoying it even 1% due traffic and everything mentioned in this thread ..i guess i can say think newyork traffic? it is my dream car , but oh well , if i ever wanted a manual i can get one but it wont be my dream car... lets wrap the manual vs auto thing up.

anyways ... you got me concerned with paint , once i receive it ...what can i look for that they did not permanently ruin the paint ? It will be polished and waxed , well the swirls be there after a polish if there were any?

thanks
Take a magnifier and a strong LED flashlight with you. With the car in the shade go over it looking through the magnifier with the beam pointed at the clear coat. There "should not be a single swirl". None period! I am personally very adamant about it. Fortunately "Dodge" clear coat is a very hard coat which actually surprised me compared to more expensive cars I have had.

If you see swirls they will need to do a paint correction.

Hold the light at an angle. Important to deflect the beams from the swirls. They might think [probably will as they did for me!] that you are nuts... don't care! I have watched hours of paint corrections through 100 and 500 x magnification with microscopes and it is quite a science.

Look well below the door handles. That is the area where even the delivery truck driver with rough gloves rubs his hand. As an example, mine was perfect all around except the driver side below the handle! Photo attached. I did not make a big deal as I have all the tools for paint correction and did it myself. Took about an hour. They also wanted to wash the car BTW, brand new 19, I did not let them! Take your time, inspect the car really really well. You are the one paying for it after all... A brand new car! I still remember the days when new cars were kept in showrooms!!! Those were the days...

Also by the driver arm rest panel was oily. Probably again the truck driver. They don't care. They just have a job to do, deliver cars... Of course, a good thing!
It seem that yours was well covered.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Appreciate the response man , led lights and a magnifier ... if you are in the us and you found imperfections...its 100% guaranteed that i will find endless ones...:cautious::cautious: if only i havnt signed up here, lol jk ... im sure their response will be this happens with all our cars or something else , and i bet in the 30 years + they have had their dealership no one ever did what i will i do. , i will take it to a shop to have ppf put on it and have them correct it there... i should 100% have it corrected before ppf i guess.

Edit; and ya for the money i paid i expected better treatment, but in their eyes it is just another dodge and nothing more.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Appreciate the response man , led lights and a magnifier ... if you are in the us and you found imperfections...its 100% guaranteed that i will find endless ones...:cautious::cautious: if only i havnt signed up here, lol jk ... im sure their response will be this happens with all our cars or something else , and i bet in the 30 years + they have had their dealership no one ever did what i will i do. , i will take it to a shop to have ppf put on it and have them correct it there.
It really depends. A few swirls here and there can be easily corrected with Menzerna 3500 [Mercedes product I use]. Hopefully you won't find anything. The sales people when the car is in the showroom have this bad habit to wipe the cars every day! instead of using a magnetic duster. See how it is...

As far as PPF, which I had mine done, check if you have a Solar Guard Dealer near you. "Solar Guard Proshield Hydro+", self healing [it really is!]. Solar Guard Dealers have the advantage to have a blotter that will cut it to size within a hair! They don't have to remove anything off the car as others do. The layers [5] are also infused and not "sandwiched". I am really happy with mine. Peace of mind as this will probably be my last car [I say!] also with the 7 year 100,000 miles bumper to bumper to bumper warranty including the wheels, tires and keys [$800 a key!]. About $5K. Well worth it as they don't repair cars anymore... If one of the dash clusters goes out, a new one is about $2700. There is too much electronics to not have it, if you are going to keep the car. Beautiful car by the way... Gorgeous!!! Wait to hear the 18 speakers sound! I never know to listen to the active exhaust in track mode or the music I play!!!

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #213 (Edited)
Appreciate the reply man , i just got lost with the dash cluster going out ... what does the dash cluster have to do with ppf? And why would it go out ? Again , thanks ... ya , when i started the car and went to hear the exaust note ... the car had dust and all kinds of covers on it for me to see it ... but the the exaust made me remember why i bought it.

Edit: ya after reading what you wrote a 100 times i understood you are talking about having a bumper to bumper warranty , will have that too for sure!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Appreciate the reply man , i just got lost with the dash cluster going out ... what does the dash cluster have to do with ppf? And why would it go out ? Again , thanks ... ya , when i started the car and went to hear the exaust note ... the car had dust and all kinds of covers on it for me to see it ... but the the exaust made me remember why i bought it.

Edit: ya after reading what you wrote a 100 times i understood you are talking about having a bumper to bumper warranty , will have that too for sure!
Sorry! My thoughts have a tendency to jump from subject to subject!

The "Extended Warranty" has nothing to do with the PPF which I think you understand now. I just compare "PPF" and "Extended Warranty" as a peace of mind. I have had one too may cars in my Life to be taking care of them anymore besides the wash and dry.

If they don't [another thought!] offer you the "Lifetime Free Oil Change" you can get through "Mopar" 4 oil changes for $240. They are normally each $140. My numbers might be a bit off but realized that would be about 50% off!

Back to the extended warranty... consider all the digital clusters, seats air conditioned, heated also including the steering wheel, the automatic approach door handles, the 18 speakers with the sound system and of course the list goes on and on... all the driving modes... There is just too much that "could" go wrong. Of course if one does not keep the car it is then a gamble.

And yes about the exhaust!!! Funny story. I was not at the Dealership to buy a car. While in the showroom I head a car start which was parked right outside by the glass windows. I turned around and asked "what is that?". Went for a test drive. When I realized opening the door it was a 6 speed manual, the Harmon Kardon sound system and while the active exhaust was still open... that was it. Took the car home the next day! Had it PPF three days later... There will not be any mods on this car unlike all my other past ones! Done... finished...

Good luck out there and let us know of the condition of the car when you inspect it. I would be curious including the engine bay which should be spotless... ah!ah!ah!

That is the only mod I added and also the ZL1 rock guards. Well worth it and easy to install. Not obnoxious at all... It save the lower body from rock chips even with having the PPF.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Those mud flaps OFFEND me, you know, with the guns in the hands of Yosemite Sam. :LOL:
Ah! You know, I am 74 and really don't know where all this is going! Hopefully somewhere peaceful and happy.

Very funny by the way. I was going to make some pancakes with syrup this morning but abondonned the idea. I guess my Rice Pilaf for tonight is out of the question also.

Well, I will just go now and drive some mountains twisties. I am sure that is still okay... 👍

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Ah! You know, I am 74 and really don't know where all this is going! Hopefully somewhere peaceful and happy.

Very funny by the way. I was going to make some pancakes with syrup this morning but abondonned the idea. I guess my Rice Pilaf for tonight is out of the question also.

Well, I will just go now and drive some mountains twisties. I am sure that is still okay... 👍
Man ... my grandfather is prolly around you age and never used a computer and his phone is still black and white as in an old nokia phone loool ... this is just amazing! Enjoy your drive , i guess him going fishing is the equivalent of you enjoy the mountains which we dont have ... fact time : kuwait , the whole country doesnt have a single mountain lol

edit : btw i dont understand where they are going with this too but hopefully somthing peaceful lol ... i just know some people hate mud flaps n people who use them and vice versa , based on what i learned here lol

201 - 220 of 281 Posts