Dodge Challenger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
165 Posts
Man ... my grandfather is prolly around you age and never used a computer and his phone is still black and white as in an old nokia phone loool ... this is just amazing! Enjoy your drive , i guess him going fishing is the equivalent of you enjoy the mountains which we dont have ... fact time : kuwait , the whole country doesnt have a single mountain lol

edit : btw i dont understand where they are going with this too but hopefully somthing peaceful lol ... i just know some people hate mud flaps n people who use them and vice versa , based on what i learned here lol
I am much into "live and let live"... mud flaps or not!!!:eek:

Off subject here, but age is just a number and don't let it get to you! I know Kuwait well! Armenian born in France, lived in Cairo, Uganda and worked quite a few other spaces! Fond memories of spending months at the time with Bedouin Tribes in the Sahara on their Camels from Oasis to Oasis... I joke that today they are probably driving Land Rovers and holding their cell phones while driving! No Challengers then...

Enjoy...

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I am much into "live and let live"... mud flaps or not!!!:eek:

Off subject here, but age is just a number and don't let it get to you! I know Kuwait well! Armenian born in France, lived in Cairo, Uganda and worked quite a few other spaces! Fond memories of spending months at the time with Bedouin Tribes in the Sahara on their Camels from Oasis to Oasis... I joke that today they are probably driving Land Rovers and holding their cell phones while driving! No Challengers then...

Enjoy...
its a whole new world man Aint it , thank god for american V8’s!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, I love banging through gears as much as the next guy, but heavy stop and go traffic 5 days a week in a manual is no fun IMO.
Actually it can be. Once you get past 60 your priorities tend to change.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,586 Posts
Man ... my grandfather is prolly around you age and never used a computer and his phone is still black and white as in an old nokia phone loool ... this is just amazing! Enjoy your drive , i guess him going fishing is the equivalent of you enjoy the mountains which we dont have ... fact time : kuwait , the whole country doesnt have a single mountain lol

edit : btw i dont understand where they are going with this too but hopefully somthing peaceful lol ... i just know some people hate mud flaps n people who use them and vice versa , based on what i learned here lol
The entire mud flap thing is a joke. All of those mud flaps are for semi trucks, not our Challengers.

Reactions: Beemerchef

·
Registered
234 Posts
The two tone interior looks great on these cars. Congrats on the New Challenger arriving. YEAH!

They need to bring back more interior color choices. It's not that big of a deal to offer way more choices than they do. Mfg are set up to manage it.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pac Widebody 6speed
6 Posts
The two tone interior looks great on these cars. Congrats on the New Challenger arriving. YEAH!

They need to bring back more interior color choices. It's not that big of a deal to offer way more choices than they do. Mfg are set up to manage it.
But I see more and more manufacturers not offering other colors. I have a 14 SRT grand Cherokee with saddle leather but the color is only on the leather seats and armrests. all other services are black Including the plastic trim on the seats. Gone are matching carpet headliner and dash to accompany the seats.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
165 Posts
But I see more and more manufacturers not offering other colors. I have a 14 SRT grand Cherokee with saddle leather but the color is only on the leather seats and armrests. all other services are black Including the plastic trim on the seats. Gone are matching carpet headliner and dash to accompany the seats.
Saving money and still $50K +/- price tag! Hang on to your cars. 😁

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger SRT core M6
5 Posts
Hello everyone , i read all the threads of people asking what to get.

this is for the people that already got their’s ... and does anyone regret their decision?

why exactly did you get an auto or a manual?

I’m asking people who got their cars to daily drive it or as their main vehicle. But everyone is welcome.

What im looking for the most , is The reason for the people who live in cities that is 99% stop n go and their is no room for open roads unless they go their them selves just to enjoy it.

did you ever regret going one way and not the other?

edit: and ya i understand that switching cars in the us is super easy due to leasing and whatever you have ... but here once you make the choice , thats it.... so just wondering.
I wanted to make it me driving the car so I got a manual, I love it. However if you live in a big city get the auto. I really is a personal decision.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought my 2013 SRT used, in 2015 from the original owner. He ordered the car in WA state with every available option, and opted for the NAG1 auto (4-spd w/ overdrive). Admittedly, it isn't the best/fastest automatic (especially compared to the newer 8-speeds), but it is pretty reliable and I haven't had any issues with it (car is nearing 40k now). While I would enjoy a manual transmission, I have a fond appreciation for the sport-shift option that my car has, which I use a LOT, lol. I find it is the best compromise between a true automatic and a manual: for daily/city driving, I let the car pick its own gears. When I want to drive more aggressively and make noise, I can control it.
My car isn't the fastest one, but I have a blast driving it and am very happy with my powertrain and engine.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
118 Posts
I’ve driven both and found that the manual is a bit jerky but not terrible. It has a heavy clutch pedal and that is part of it. Also, I didn’t like the skip shift (1st to 4th) tendency when doing light driving. I know there are options to eliminate that but it is a bit bothersome in stock form.

The A8 is smooth when you want it to be or aggressive and tight if you choose. Sport mode under heavy acceleration and computer makes shifting sound and feel like a manual with the best driver behind the wheel. I know there is no way I could ever launch and shift a manual as well as the A8 does. Also, remote start is only available with the A8, a nice option in cold climates.

For those reasons I chose the A8 in my ’16 Scat Pack and in my ‘20 Scat Pack (which should arrive by train this week). I daily drive mine and occasionally take it to the track.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For my 2020 Scat Pack WB I chose the manual. It took me 3 test drives (1 auto, 2 manual) and many months of pondering. It's not my daily driver, it's my fun car, and I wanted something that would feel like the old musclecars. I have no interest in "racing" anyone so I don't care that it's slower. If that mattered I would certainly have gone A8.
In a perfect world, I'd literally have one of each! Depending on my mood.
I've only had it a few days now but I can say that it is a bit jerky, the clutch is tight, and I'm not the greatest when it comes to shifting. And I wouldn't want to spend lots of time in traffic, it would be tiring.
Having said all that, no regrets. Every single time I hit the gas and wind thru some gears I just grin. The thing is a beast to drive. I described how it feels to my co-workers this way: It's like riding a wild rodeo bull that's on meth! 😁

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
118 Posts
For my 2020 Scat Pack WB I chose the manual. It took me 3 test drives (1 auto, 2 manual) and many months of pondering. It's not my daily driver, it's my fun car, and I wanted something that would feel like the old musclecars. I have no interest in "racing" anyone so I don't care that it's slower. If that mattered I would certainly have gone A8.
In a perfect world, I'd literally have one of each! Depending on my mood.
I've only had it a few days now but I can say that it is a bit jerky, the clutch is tight, and I'm not the greatest when it comes to shifting. And I wouldn't want to spend lots of time in traffic, it would be tiring.
Having said all that, no regrets. Every single time I hit the gas and wind thru some gears I just grin. The thing is a beast to drive. I described how it feels to my co-workers this way: It's like riding a wild rodeo bull that's on meth! 😁
I do in fact love the manual for the driver/machine authentic feel. But for practicality and track days I couldn’t pass on the A8. Your bronco comparison fits nicely.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I find that the general public has a love affair with Manual transmissions. People comment on the looks of the car, but when they find out it's a manual, the respect shown is astounding. Even the negative Nancy's calling my car a boat give respect once they notice the Barton Shifter. Nothing against the Auto, but I love banging gears, especially after a long day at work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree with both posts above.
Another reason I went manual: it's just a lot more rare these days.
When I was searching hundreds of Challengers throughout the country, it wasn't too hard to find an Auto that was very close to the build I wanted. But when I filtered the results to Manual, there were very, very few. None were the exact combo of options I wanted, so I ordered one.
A Manual with no sunroof and no navigation is the closest thing to a 60s/70s classic musclecar I could get.

221 - 240 of 281 Posts