Dodge Challenger Forum banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
394 Posts
Yup its a granite a8 ... hopefully by thursday the title is in my name , hoping ... so there a dash indicator , but no 100% confirmation if sport mode disable MDS? Anyone can confirm? I want the full v8 exaust note even at a traffic light lol.
It's disabled in my car in sport mode. It's never come on while on the freeway which was what i was testing for. In sport mode it never drops into the last gear.
But if I'm on the freeway and making a trip, I want the MDS on for the gas mileage.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
112 Posts
I agree with both posts above.
Another reason I went manual: it's just a lot more rare these days.
When I was searching hundreds of Challengers throughout the country, it wasn't too hard to find an Auto that was very close to the build I wanted. But when I filtered the results to Manual, there were very, very few. None were the exact combo of options I wanted, so I ordered one.
A Manual with no sunroof and no navigation is the closest thing to a 60s/70s classic musclecar I could get.
With the production status due to corona virus situation, I am sure the search was extra hard. I got mine bare bone stock, a poor man's SRT392. Less things to break, too :)

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
287 Posts
Enjoying the M6 more and more each time I take her out. Getting real smooth with the shift points and rpm matching. I love that it won't downshift without me telling it to.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
If they offered a manual with the 3.6 I would have bought it instead of the auto. But the 8 speed is a very good trans. Now, three of the four R/Ts I had were the Tremec manual. IMO, with a V8, a manual is the only way to go. But you have to add the Hurst pistol grip shifter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
New autos have too many gears for driving in the Appalachians. Our 9 speed 200c is eternally confused trying to predict the hills and curves. And after years of rev matching and hearing exhausts gurgle and pop on decel, a clutch pedal is pretty much my addiction at this point.

That and driving certain iconic pony/sports cars with an auto just seems like blasphemy.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #249 (Edited)
It's disabled in my car in sport mode. It's never come on while on the freeway which was what i was testing for. In sport mode it never drops into the last gear.
But if I'm on the freeway and making a trip, I want the MDS on for the gas mileage.
Man ... where i am gas is at least 50% cheaper than the us and im still surprised and did not expect this at all ... sure i just go it and going on long drives ... but half a tank every 24 hours? I did not see this coming at all ...my plans for this car being a daily driver have completely changed lol ,

man it eats gas like no other , i mean i had a 5.7 ls1 and it was my only car and it wasnt half this bad , i swear it wasnt this bad or even close ... quick google shows 20 mpg ...

and nah i take back my talk about wanting the mds off lol ... 18 mpg atm

i have a toyota fj cruiser but i never calculated the mpg ... did a quick google search on fj forums and they are posting around 20 mpg , i drove it 40 mins each way to work and i never spent this much $$ on gas , so i’m not sure how both are about the same mpg or how to understand it ... not sure what to believe or why lol :LOL: how can they both be around the same mpg? And. I knew exactly how much i was paying for gas each month ... just not sure how to understand mpg.

if all 3 cars have around the same mpg , how comes am i paying more $$$? not by a little amount even so i can say it is just how am i driving.

how does mpg work or mean? Im sure driving it crazy and not going easy , but how come all 3 cars have around the same mpg then?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
442 Posts
Man ... where i am gas is at least 50% cheaper than the us and im still surprised and did not expect this at all ... sure i just go it and going on long drives ... but half a tank every 24 hours? I did not see this coming at all ...my plans for this car being a daily driver have completely changed lol ,

man it eats gas like no other , i mean i had a 5.7 ls1 and it was my only car and it wasnt half this bad , i swear it wasnt this bad or even close ... quick google shows 20 mpg ...

and nah i take back my talk about wanting the mds off lol ... 18 mpg atm

i have a toyota fj cruiser but i never calculated the mpg ... did a quick google search on fj forums and they are posting around 20 mpg , i drove it 40 mins each way to work and i never spent this much $$ on gas , so i’m not sure how both are about the same mpg or how to understand it ... not sure what to believe or why lol :LOL: how can they both be around the same mpg? And. I knew exactly how much i was paying for gas each month ... just not sure how to understand mpg.

if all 3 cars have around the same mpg , how comes am i paying more $$$? not by a little amount even so i can say it is just how am i driving.

how does mpg work or mean? Im sure driving it crazy and not going easy , but how come all 3 cars have around the same mpg then?
Maybe the SPWB is just so much more fun to drive that you are in the throttle a lot more than with a boring FJ or LS1?

Just a guess...

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #251 (Edited)
Maybe the SPWB is just so much more fun to drive that you are in the throttle a lot more than with a boring FJ or LS1?

Just a guess...
prolly why

but then again , are other people flooring their fj’s 24/7 to make it have the same mpg or even close as the scat?

how would you explain that? Donnu

and after searching most common cars , all are around the 21 22 23 mpg area ... you see why i am curious on how they are rating them?

wont change a thing about how awesome the car is , just curious about how mpg is given to a car at this point is all.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts
I think you are just driving the Challenger harder since you just got it.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #253 (Edited)
I think you are just driving the Challenger harder since you just got it.
ya ,unfortunately i dont think i followed the break in period very well:confused: seriously im at 500 miles now , almost no 0 launches but alot of wot , honestly i wish i followed it to the word but ... you know.. hope i didnt mess up badly , i think i need to chill down ... its just too amazing To resist and hopefully it continues to be:D

how many of you use a scatpack as their dd?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts
ya ,unfortunately i dont think i followed the break in period very well:confused: seriously im at 500 miles now , almost no 0 launches but alot of wot , honestly i wish i followed it to the word but ... you know.. hope i didnt mess up badly , i think i need to chill down ... its just too amazing To resist and hopefully it continues to be:D

Wonder if many of these types of takeoffs increases OR decreases fuel economy? :unsure: :LOL:

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,586 Posts

If you didn't break it in properly, it's probably too late now. The good news is that you'll never miss what you've never seen.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #257 (Edited)
Om
The good news is that you'll never miss what you've never seen.
please tell me the meaning of this sentence “ in regards of our conversation” , good thing or bad thing?:D:unsure: What did i not see to not miss exactly :unsure:

Edit: now im driving with the rpm around 1 just to save gas lol , if only i knew sooner

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have been driving mine as a daily since I got I 3 monthso ago. I'm about to hit 3,000 miles. So far I am averaging around 15 statute miles per US gallon. This is with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
On mine, my MPG can literally double based on traffic/stop&go. It is a pig around town or when playing, like 13-15, but on drives where I am moving about 20. And once on a long leisurely drive about 60-65MPH I got 29.5.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's my daily driver. Knowing that either way there would be times when I would regret the transmission choice, I realized that there would be less times where I would regret getting the auto than getting the manual, I chose the automatic. Plus, the ZF 8 speed is a great transmission that has taken the automatic transmissions to the next level.

Do I sometimes wish it was manual? I'll be honest, there are times when I do. But there are so many more times where I'm happy it's an auto. (City driving, California traffic stop and go).

Reactions: Dennis H
241 - 260 of 281 Posts