Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an AIRAID DAM INTAKE for my

2020 Challenger SXT

when it instructed me to disconnect the hose line from the vehicles airbox. I quickly noticed there was absolutely no hose connected to the vehicles airbox. This quickly confused me, since it specified for me to disconnect the hose to then reconnect it but to the AIRAID DAM INTAKE.

has anyone run into this problem?

i’m not sure if this is the case because my vehicle is a 2020?

anything would help

Thank you

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would say it's just generic instructions for all models really with or with out the tube.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, what would you suggest? I really don’t like the idea of having a hose hanging there not connected to anything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You don't have a hose that was connected to the stock airbox? Mine stock, and w/Airaid

This is a picture of a 2020 SXT from the web

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,834 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. It is really, pretty much, a metal tube and a short piece of hose just to connect the tube to the air box. You have to take that short piece of hose off of the airbox to actually take the air box out.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Wow...no clue, the few pictures of 2020 SXT engine bays I find all have the hose...It's not just like yours is missing as your air box doesn't have the fitting...I'm at a loss. If it's missing, I'd just leave the barbed fitting off and tape the hole from the inside. Maybe install the grommet for looks?

Might drop by your dealer and have a look at other SXTs on the lot. if the hose is there, inquire WTF

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Well there's another good question. Unless it's normal, perhaps the 2020 SXT pictures on the web are actually not 2020 and something has changed, then where did the no connector air box come from? I'd find it hard to fathom that a hose was left completely off, and when discovered, a different air box lid was procured and installed...not both!

I have never followed the hose to see where it connects. I know it goes behind the engine as I was/am considering a firewall cover, and it would pass through a hole in that. If I did it, I would put a braided sleeve (already have it) on that tube from the air coupling to past where it passes through the firewall cover. Now I'm curious...

A Guy

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yeah, it's normal. I just did a PDI on a 2020 Challenger 3.6L at work. I thought something about the airbox looked funny. It too looked like JRosa56's. I didn't think to check where the new version breather hose is or how it's routed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it's normal. I just did a PDI on a 2020 Challenger 3.6L at work. I thought something about the airbox looked funny. It too looked like JRosa56's. I didn't think to check where the new version breather hose is or how it's routed.
i did notice a hose underneath the engine cover. It’s just sitting there, and it leads behind the engine.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i did notice a hose underneath the engine cover. It’s just sitting there, and it leads behind the engine.
If one end leads to the PCV valve at the back of the passenger side valve cover, and the other end leads to the intake manifold, that is the PCV line. Opposite side of the PCV system.

The hose that (used to) go from the other valve cover to the air filter box is the fresh air inlet/breather line for the crankcase. Filtered fresh air goes in there. Then hot, oily, dirty crankcase fumes gets sucked out through the PCV and into the intake to be burned off. Chances are you have a breather line somewhere, just not sure where.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If one end leads to the PCV valve at the back of the passenger side valve cover, and the other end leads to the intake manifold, that is the PCV line. Opposite side of the PCV system.

The hose that (used to) go from the other valve cover to the air filter box is the fresh air inlet/breather line for the crankcase. Filtered fresh air goes in there. Then hot, oily, dirty crankcase fumes gets sucked out through the PCV and into the intake to be burned off. Chances are you have a breather line somewhere, just not sure where.

You see that hose by the OIL cap? That hose is just sitting there. And routed to the back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
That's the transmission vent tube. It's normal that it doesn't appear to connect to anything. All have that. Mine at 1st oil change

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Hey Frank Julian if they have changed it, looks like new air intake assy is 68413350AA. I don't ever see just the top listed on any Mopar parts sites though

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian
1 - 20 of 58 Posts