Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Oh wow I can't send pictures from Tapatalk but you know what they say if you seen one you seen them all
Sending pictures from Tapatalk is one the benefits of Tapatalk because it's so easy! :) You should be able to just add the picture in Tapatalk and then tap it and select "Insert Inline" to add a link to the picture wherever you want in the post...

IF that doesn't work for you, what happens?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Well there's the top for your car Frank :devilish:

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

I think i found Crank Valve hose. Its on the opposite side of the Air intake next to the throttle body. So now i’m really not sure how to install the Airaid intake

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went out and checked my 2020 GT; it does not have the tube that was shown in the beginning of this thread from a 2019. As to what to do with the Airraid tube for it, I'd buy a rubber cap from a Napa auto store and plug it.

Or, contact the Airraid customer support and ask them what they are doing for the 2020 models with their product. Most likely, they are now providing a rubber cap for it.

It is a mystery though as to where or how the engine is drawing in its air for the crankcase ventilation. Air is drawn typically at the intake, enters the crankcase via a valve cover, then is expelled from the other side into the intake by the throttle body to be burned off. It is at the throttle body side that most folks place the "catch can"" to capture the fumes/oil mist to prevent this from getting on the throttle body valve.

I had a catch can on my 2014 Mustang (3.7 V6), and it would capture about 2 to 3 ounces of oil per month. I plan on installing one on my now owned Challenger GT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just went out and checked my 2020 GT; it does not have the tube that was shown in the beginning of this thread from a 2019. As to what to do with the Airraid tube for it, I'd buy a rubber cap from a Napa auto store and plug it.

Or, contact the Airraid customer support and ask them what they are doing for the 2020 models with their product. Most likely, they are now providing a rubber cap for it.

It is a mystery though as to where or how the engine is drawing in its air for the crankcase ventilation. Air is drawn typically at the intake, enters the crankcase via a valve cover, then is expelled from the other side into the intake by the throttle body to be burned off. It is at the throttle body side that most folks place the "catch can"" to capture the fumes/oil mist to prevent this from getting on the throttle body valve.

I had a catch can on my 2014 Mustang (3.7 V6), and it would capture about 2 to 3 ounces of oil per month. I plan on installing one on my now owned Challenger GT.
Thank you for your response. I thought about buying a grommet to seal the hole but i’m a little skeptical about that. I just may call Airaid and see what they plan doing for the 2020 models

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Yeah, you found it, looks like they are just doing it different now. Just plug the hole on the Airaid since it's not needed. I'd be curious to see where the hose connects with the engine cover out of the way

A Guy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Came upon this thread while installing one on my 2020 GT. I have an email to Airaid tech support. For now, I balled up some black electrical tape & wedged it tightly into the hole.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Came upon this thread while installing one on my 2020 GT. I have an email to Airaid tech support. For now, I balled up some black electrical tape & wedged it tightly into the hole.
If you don't mind, let us know what the tech support from Airaid said for the 2020 and up models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for your response. I thought about buying a grommet to seal the hole but i’m a little skeptical about that. I just may call Airaid and see what they plan doing for the 2020 models
I purchased a K&N air intake system for my 2020 Challenger GT. In the instructions, it instructs you to install the hose from the tube at the air filter (drivers side) over to the passenger side inlet tube by the throttle body. The kit includes a quick connect/disconnect fitting that goes into the included long rubber hose, which then clicks into this factory hose at the passenger side.

Since your kit only has the filter portion, and not a replacement tube to the throttle body, I'm assuming you would just plug this tube at the filter side assembly. I'd assume by now that Airaid has been alerted to the fact that Dodge has changed/removed the hose at the drivers side, and therefor would need to provide a plug for the 2020 V6 models using the Airaid filer only kit.

I'm adding this information for future members that perhaps use the search function to answer this question as to what to do when purchasing an Airaid system for the newer 3.5 V6 models, before Airaid updates their instructions and includes a plug for the newer models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey guys, I finally installed the Airaid Dam Intake today on my 2020 Challenger SXT 3.6L. I bought a grommet from Autozone and used it to plug the hole where the initial hose would be inserted. the grommet snapped in and fit super snug. You have to yank it to pull it off, so it should be good to go. I’m on 20mins of driving my SXT and nothing negative has occurred “fingers crossed” i will post a photo soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, I finally installed the Airaid Dam Intake today on my 2020 Challenger SXT 3.6L. I bought a grommet from Autozone and used it to plug the hole where the initial hose would be inserted. the grommet snapped in and fit super snug. You have to yank it to pull it off, so it should be good to go. I’m on 20mins of driving my SXT and nothing negative has occurred “fingers crossed” i will post a photo soon.

View attachment 997249 View attachment 997251
Do you happen to have the Autozone part number for that plug? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A bit disappointing that such a large performance company such as Airaid has not responded to your question on this plug for the newer models.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got this back from them:
Thank you for contacting customer service. Intake 351-210 is not listed for your 2020 Dodge Challenger, 3.6L. We do not recommend installing a part that is not listed for your vehicle, as it may not fit or function properly. Would you like to be put on our email list for product release for your vehicle?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts