Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the key element, the aspect which makes me smile [with much respect of course always] is the fact that I am 74.

Have I had a few cars/motorcycles throughout my past years? Yes... many! Probably too many.

Such vehicles have never been to me just "transportation" but a, and I will use these words, loosely, a sport? a hobby? occupation? while feeling fortunate to have the ability to acquire them with hard earned money and... doing mods to them. That is the point I am getting at. Exterior, cosmetic and much "performance" encompassing power and suspension. I am big on suspension.

Rallies in my Youth in Europe where I was born and raised [France/Switzerland] while starting in 1965 with an Austin Cooper SS 1500cc when John Cooper started winning many Rally races. Amateurs of course with my Co-Pilot while we destroyed that first car at the chagrin of my Dear Father! And Life went on... I could not leave my cars alone without opening that chapter called "modifications.

Fast forward to just a week ago when I sold my last 2018 Mini JCW which itself was pumped up to 304hp and suspension changes. My lower spine has about a pound or more of screws, rods and a plate! Getting in and out of it was getting to be a Houdini type challenge! The suspension was rock hard. My Jeep for off-road was rearranging the torque of such said screws!

I discovered by accident while visiting the local Dodge Dealership a brand new 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Package, 6 speed manual, 18 speakers Harmon Kardon sound system [that one boggles my mind!!!] and more... I discovered it by "sound". I bought it by "sound" while inside, the car parked by their window and tuning around exclaiming "what the hell is that?" when a Salesman started the car. I have shook his hand since...

I discovered this Forum, I discover the exterior and interior and performance mods. Me who thought that such a "already and so complete" wonderful " car cannot be modified, I have been in for a surprise! This and that passed though my mind and yet, for the first time in my Life, and reason pretty much why I am openly writing this, this car is going to stay a virgin! Not even the black color of the brake calipers will be changed to yellow or red... Nope! As is... Beautiful sparkling metallic Granite gray, it will only be vinyl wrapped on Friday with "Solar Guard Proshield Hydro +". [no, I am by far not affiliated!]. Low key... almost boring to the sight! [?]

So I will continue with a big smile reading what others can an do to their cars with admiration and memories of my own past doings! There is something to be said about such achievements. In the meantime, I truly love this car which totally surprised me, love the existing power, the comfort, the sound system and to top it all the "active exhaust" which like a kid makes me smile at my age... What sound!!!

What is there not to like!!!

Thank you all for being here and adding some smiles to my Life...

Stay well

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,599 Posts
I had black lug nuts for it before I had the car, lol. I knew what major mods I'd be doing then too. Still have a "wish list", some I can't justify the money to myself...others we'll see

A Guy

PS Would make for a pretty boring What did you do to your Challenger today?? thread if it was just maintanance, lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,599 Posts
I thought my SRT was everything I’d ever need too...but :) This car thing is a sickness but I love it.

Did you ever notice the woman standing next to your car in the video jump when you started it? :D

A Guy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Listening to a heavy cam is like listening to a favorite song on the radio, it’s addictive.
I’m always amazed at all the looks and comments I get from people just sitting at the lights. Have to admit though, it’s bark is bigger than the bite. Just a smidge better performance than the stock 392 right now but definitely a torque monster. That’s why I’ve started my winter build 2.0 project to go for more horses. Snagged a new aluminum 426 (Hellephant) race block, hi-ram intake and Thitek heads which will also be stroked with a tad more aggressive cam.

Sorry Beemer, didn’t mean to step on your thread :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m always amazed at all the looks and comments I get from people just sitting at the lights. Have to admit though, it’s bark is bigger than the bite. Just a smidge better performance than the stock 392 right now but definitely a torque monster. That’s why I’ve started my winter build 2.0 project to go for more horses. Snagged a new aluminum 426 (Hellephant) race block, hi-ram intake and Thitek heads which will also be stroked with a tad more aggressive cam.

Sorry Beemer, didn’t mean to step on your thread :)

You are not stepping. No worries. I enjoy it... We are both on the each side of the spectrum! I was a Chef all my Life and the worse mechanic you could ever meet. I can do so much damage with just a screwdriver... but not a knife! I have been very lucky to always stumble on seriously fantastic mechanics with a passion for cars [and motorcycles], at a price of course..
I cannot even understand your mods!!! But again... it sounds great... I live in a very quiet neighborhood... that would not fly around here! The stock "active exhaust" on this new Challenger is pleasant enough I must say.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think, I speak for myself, we are all weird, strange, unique in our own way. How boring it would be to all of us be alike! Can you imagine thousands of Challengers the same color? I appreciate the respect present within this Forum. Such sure is what makes the World go around. Nice of you to share such thoughts.
Stay well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I thought my SRT was everything I’d ever need too...but :) This car thing is a sickness but I love it.

Damn....I love the Silver Stripe on the Black SRTs...don’t think you can get Silver Middle stripe anymore on the new SP’s....great combo...

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
819 Posts
@Beemerchef

This is indeed a good community of folks here. I might not reflect on every thread via a response.....but I toss out a fair amount of “likes” along the way as I feel the need to.

Enjoy that new ride and keep us in the loop along the way with your mods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts