Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is my thing on my purchase.
For starters I had several had to have or not have per say.
1- either b5 blue or plum crazy purple.
2- 6 speed.
3- no sun roof.
4- 2016 because of no active exhaust and price point and finance options.
So this limited my choice around where I live tremendously. I searched in a 150 mile radius for over 3 months.
I purchased this 2016 b5 blue, m6 shaker plus loaded with everything but sunroof with sound group 2. Comparable sp with same miles are 5-8k more in price and nothing in b5 or plump crazy.
So here we are with what I wanted but the 5.7. This though isn't a big deal because I like to wrench and make what I have mine and different from the norm.
So the list is growing on what I will do and believe me it will run and make power for less than I could of purchased a sp.
Stay tuned for the transformation.
No I'm not making a want to be sp or srt, this will be rt shaker 5.7 quick and proud.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Great color. B5 just screams MOPAR.

Best of luck on your mods. Congrats on your score.

Reactions: speed

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
I got my Sublime Shaker 5.7 like you did, manual 6-speed, no sunroof and in the color I wanted again!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
No problem here with my 2015 5.7 RT plus , drive great ,fast enough.
And the color we really wanted

Attachments

Reactions: speed

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
@hunttriumph1500...that is some list of cars you have/had there. My local used car lot can learn a thing or 2 from you. :laugh2:
LOL, Thanks! Actually (sheepishly) that's just the list of "Challengers" I have owned in the last 30 years..... I may end up with my own dealership before long, I just love cars and trucks, and bikes....and well everything that moves me.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, Thanks! Actually (sheepishly) that's just the list of "Challengers" I have owned in the last 30 years..... I may end up with my own dealership before long, I just love cars and trucks, and bikes....and well everything that moves me.
Nice. I'm into a lot of stuff too. This is my summer daily transportation

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered the car I wanted and got everything I wanted?
I got ya but 2016 is the sweetspot year for me. $46k sticker sold new in Feb 2017, I buy for $27500, in Feb 2018. Let someone else take the hit. Buy new for big money or used for reasonable money. Either way I would do same mods so foolish to throw almost $20 k out the window.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
I got ya but 2016 is the sweetspot year for me. $46k sticker sold new in Feb 2017, I buy for $27500, in Feb 2018. Let someone else take the hit. Buy new for big money or used for reasonable money. Either way I would do same mods so foolish to throw almost $20 k out the window.

Ok your going used got ya. In that case, your stuck with what you can find. My scat non shaker was 43msrp down to 37. Every day drivers I don't care so much, but cars like this I always order don't matter what, I have fetish about anybody driving it but me lol

·
Registered
2015 R/T
520 Posts
Bought mine I wanted Tor Red or B 5 blue with the auto, no sunroof and that wheels I have are the ones I wanted. Glad you were able to get what you want. More smiles per mile.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I'm going back to school so I needed a lower payment and traded in my Scat Pack Shaker for an R/T Plus M6. I've owned 5.7 Challengers in the past and have to say, was surprised with how responsive my new 5.7 was! I really thought I'd miss my 6.4L more but I really don't. It helps that my car has the new active exhaust which is actually louder than my Scat Pack's was. I've engaged in some spirited driving play with a 350Z, 2015+ Mustang 5.0, Audi RS5, and a new Vette and never felt slow. The Vette was the only car that pulled away from me. Now, these were all pulls from a roll or at 45+mph. None-the-less, my R/T is a blast to drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm going back to school so I needed a lower payment and traded in my Scat Pack Shaker for an R/T Plus M6. I've owned 5.7 Challengers in the past and have to say, was surprised with how responsive my new 5.7 was! I really thought I'd miss my 6.4L more but I really don't. It helps that my car has the new active exhaust which is actually louder than my Scat Pack's was. I've engaged in some spirited driving play with a 350Z, 2015+ Mustang 5.0, Audi S5, and a new Vette and never felt slow. The Vette was the only car that pulled away from me. Now, these were all pulls from a roll or at 45+mph. None-the-less, my R/T is a blast to drive.
Those red R/T stripes look pretty sick on the black car!

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
2 different 2015 Sublime R/T+Shakers, new???? More than intriguing??? It's ok, we're all here to help.... lol.
My hat Sir, is off to you! Intriguing part 2, what was up with the Billet SXT??? That begs explanation too. A gift???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
2 different 2015 Sublime R/T+Shakers, new???? More than intriguing??? It's ok, we're all here to help.... lol.
My hat Sir, is off to you! Intriguing part 2, what was up with the Billet SXT??? That begs explanation too. A gift???

Thanks!!!
Oh, yeah, well the first Sublime Shaker was automatic with a crappy quiet exhaust. The second (the latest acquisition) is a manual with a performance exhaust. it feels and drives completely different than the first one.

The SXT was a little worn former Enterprise Rental car that i completely fell for on a trip back home in Connecticut so I bought it from the loaned dealership nearby as it was already passed it's 30K miles as a rental. I stole that car and fixed it up!!! I added a lowered performance suspension, 20" Classic II wheels, a black rear spoiler with a factory camera, fog lights, Mopar mud-flaps, a new sport steering wheel, a modified exhaust, some stripes up break-up all that silver, a new antenna for the NAV, tint for the windows and a few other things that have slipped my mind...It was a perfect commuter car.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Oh, yeah, well the first Sublime Shaker was automatic with a crappy quiet exhaust. The second (the latest acquisition) is a manual with a performance exhaust. it feels and drives completely different than the first one.

The SXT was a little worn former Enterprise Rental car that i completely fell for on a trip back home in Connecticut so I bought it from the loaned dealership nearby as it was already passed it's 30K miles as a rental. I stole that car and fixed it up!!! I added a lowered performance suspension, 20" Classic II wheels, a black rear spoiler with a factory camera, fog lights, Mopar mud-flaps, a new sport steering wheel, a modified exhaust, some stripes up break-up all that silver, a new antenna for the NAV, tint for the windows and a few other things that have slipped my mind...It was a perfect commuter car.

Ahhh, the transmission. Forgot about that... Did the m-6 come from the factory with the performance exhaust?
Real nice story about the SXT!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts