Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Penstar V6 w 300 hp is not as fast as the 400+Hemi in my r/t but I will tell you the the V6 handles so much better on the road at faster speeds.My r/t does not have the sport trac.."I think because it is a M6 speed"..does anyone think this could be the reason..or does the bigger heavier engine put to much pressure on the suspension ?
Do I need a rear wing.on the r/t.or do I just need to slow down..I live in texas where most people drive 80 on the hwy,I like to drive 100 + .. that is just 20 mph over the limit and the car"for what I paid for it" should hold the road better...both cars are 100th anniversary w/20 inch wheels..Firestone tires

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
My 12 R/T has STP and its handles excellent for a 4000 lb. car. I added a front strut brace and didn't notice any improvement in the handling. I don't drive the car hard, but I do think the STP is a major factor in handling.

I am not sure what sport trac is, but I would have thought all R/Ts had it unless STP?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Troll alert?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
dunno...slow down

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Penstar V6 w 300 hp is not as fast as the 400+Hemi in my r/t but I will tell you the the V6 handles so much better on the road at faster speeds.My r/t does not have the sport trac.."I think because it is a M6 speed"..does anyone think this could be the reason..or does the bigger heavier engine put to much pressure on the suspension ?
Do I need a rear wing.on the r/t.or do I just need to slow down..I live in texas where most people drive 80 on the hwy,I like to drive 100 + .. that is just 20 mph over the limit and the car"for what I paid for it" should hold the road better...both cars are 100th anniversary w/20 inch wheels..Firestone tires
Well that's a first....... RT is defective.....return it and get an SRT......Problem solved. Either that or trade both your SXT and RT for an SRT8. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Oh yeah.. it totally doesn't handle well because it's a M6 speed. :lol: And I agree with Triz, stop driving that beast of a V6 Challenger and get a Prius. We don't need people going over a 100mph to risk innocent lives.

I tried to ignore the troll, but I'm bored.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I honestly believe the v8 has a lot to do with it. The weight needs better springs to handle as well as the v6. My Charger sxt handled better than my Challenger Rt. I recently installed Mopar stage 1 springs on my Challenger and while it looks much better, I didn't notice much improvement in handling. Some better sway bars would help I'm sure. My car didn't come with the stp. The car holds the road on the highway just fine but has some roll in the corners.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Here we go again.....

.."I think because it is a M6 speed"..does anyone think this could be the reason..or does the bigger heavier engine put to much pressure on the suspension ?"

Not saying that you are TROLLING, but.....

Why would a manual trans hurt your agility? They weigh less.

BTW, the difference in engine weight is very small. STP overcomes that disadvantage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.