Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked Motor Trend , C & D , R & T , Mopar Muscle etc..you mean to tell me a Volt needs to get cover action , A shelby's on MT for the gazzillionth time along with a Vette ....This car needs some media love ! :dunno:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
its not a new model

mechanically its full of changes, but interior/exterior is the same

Dodge isnt even advertising it...does anyone even know it exists?

why should Motor trend care if Dodge doesnt?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
You got that right Oz1. Both IE colors should have been on the covers of both magazines taken somewhere in the hills of San Francisco. That's why I don't buy those rag magazines. You hear that MT and C&D publishers? You will never feel the sweetness of DH's money in your slimy little hands.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not a new model

mechanically its full of changes, but interior/exterior is the same

Dodge isnt even advertising it...does anyone even know it exists?

why should Motor trend care if Dodge doesnt?
Mopar Muscle , Mopar Action , Muscle Car Review , Hot Rod , they should all
care. As should the after market advertisers.
You're right about dodge/chrysler little to no advertising.
By now I was expecting some announcement from Hurst , Hennessy
Saleen about their versions.

Very slow ramp up . This car needs some buzz. Main stream car magazines
still cover the same ole crap .

Besides I want to collect a few mags with the IE on the cover for my scrapbook

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got that right Oz1. Both IE colors should have been on the covers of both magazines taken somewhere in the hills of San Francisco. That's why I don't buy those rag magazines. You hear that MT and C&D publishers? You will never feel the sweetness of DH's money in your slimy little hands.
Funny that MT had nothing but praise for it's long term 2009 RT Chally
(my wife bought me a subsription last year)
You'd think the new 392 hemi alone would merit some press
Talk about flying under the radar &
would it kill Auto Art or Franklin Mint to do a few diecasts ?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Right now the only mag that did a small cover (upper corner) was Mopar Action.

Granted it's not a new model but there's been plenty of Mag press on the Mustangs in general and the Camaro Convert. I think a new engine calls for some attention. :(

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
its important to you and me, but its not to the average Joe

yea the new Charger is news...its all new....all we got is an engine upgrade and the mag reviews i saw say its barely faster than the 6.1...i think one said the 0-60 was slower than the old 6.1

i think Dodge needs some TV commercials

if your an average joe who doesnt study car mags do you even know the 392 exists? do you know the 2011 challenger is improved? the answer is no

·
Registered
98 Posts
Funny that MT had nothing but praise for it's long term 2009 RT Chally
(my wife bought me a subsription last year)
You'd think the new 392 hemi alone would merit some press
Talk about flying under the radar &
would it kill Auto Art or Franklin Mint to do a few diecasts ?
Talked to a guy at Daytona's flea market the other day. He seemed to know what he was talking about and said nobody will be doing a 2011 Challenger diecast because there are not enough changes from 2010 which most companies did.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to a guy at Daytona's flea market the other day. He seemed to know what he was talking about and said nobody will be doing a 2011 Challenger diecast because there are not enough changes from 2010 which most companies did.
I've bought some stuff direct from china . If no one makes IE Die Casts I'll contract out myself & have some done provided I have a couple of hundred interested parties because you need a decent run to make it cost effective.
The licensing fees have to be reasonable too

·
Super Moderator
15,965 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2011 Challenger looks too similar (for the general public) to the prior years' to get a lot of cover pictures...which is too bad since the 6.4 and the 2011 suspension mods certainly make a compelling case for the the upcharge of the SRT8 model over the R/T.

With 100hp over the 5.7, you get a significant increase in performance for the extra $$ spent.

My guess is the Camaro convertible will be this year's cover car since its a new body style that hasn't been out for sale before. Then there's the ZL1 version, but with the big $$ that's going to go for, there won't be that many of those on the street...you're getting into Corvette territory there, and frankly the 'Vette is a better looking car for the money you spend and you get more bang for your money spent performance wise over the Camaro.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WE care ... and the Challenger be a large part of our first cover, as well as at least 2 feature stories in issue #1 ... as well as many issues to come!! :bigthumb:
OK but how about you start with a few challenger pics on your FB Page ?:smokin:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts