1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He'll have some 'splanin' to do!
Man jailed after filming himself driving 140 mph

– Sun Feb 13, 1:13 am ET
PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) – A man who filmed the speedometer of his car while driving more than 140 miles per hour so he could post it on YouTube, ended up in jail on Saturday and the video confiscated, police said.
Stanislav Vadimovich Bakanov was pulled over by police on Oregon Interstate 5 after he was clocked driving his black 2005 BMW at 118 mph. He filmed Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Postlewait as he approached the car.
When Postlewait asked why he was videotaping, Bakanov said he was filming his speedometer, and his arrest, to post on Youtube. The video later revealed that Bakanov had attained speeds in excess of 140 mph.
He was arrested and confined in [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Marion County[/COLOR][/COLOR] jail Saturday night, charged with reckless driving and speeding. It was his third speeding incident in the past year. The video was confiscated and will be used as evidence against him.
Marion County Police spokesman Don Thompson said winds were gusting at up to 50 mph during the day.
"There were tree branches down on the freeway. To be driving at these speeds today was just plain crazy," he said.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Not enough chlorine in the gene pool.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I like how the officer qualified his statement

"There were tree branches down on the freeway. To be driving at these speeds today was just plain crazy," he said.

so.........

if the weather is nice and the roads are clear?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

so.........

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. So like if there aren't any tree branches then I guess 140 isn't so crazy... kind of stupid to be admitting to the police your filming yourself breaking the law. Duh.

"Uh hold on officer, let me get the video from last night for you too, its in the trunk in the bag with my dope"

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
What a dumbass

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts
what an idiot, telling the cop the real reason. he woulda been fine had he said im filming a documentary or anything other than "whats on this tape is criminal, please confiscate it and use it against me" haha what an ass

·
Registered
438 Posts

so.........

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts